• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

reKon

Banned
Michigan State: FG Shooting: .529% FT: 5-6

Ohio State: FG Shooting: .412% FT: 23-29

anyone watch the same game I did? I know State got a bunch of stupid turnovers, but this was just a ridiculously poor effort by the refs. I wish they called the game more fairly. Such complete bullshit

Seemed pretty fair to me, Michigan St got away with moving screens all game, they called it once. Dont blame the loss on the refs. Blame it on your guys 19 turnovers and Summers 0 points. I will say though that Payne kid is good, but having watched MSU the past week, Izzo has just given up. He is past frustrated now, he has just looked defeated the past few games.

reKon

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Seemed pretty fair to me, Michigan St got away with moving screens all game, they called it once. Dont blame the loss on the refs. Blame it on your guys 19 turnovers and Summers 0 points. I will say though that Payne kid is good, but having watched MSU the past week, Izzo has just given up. He is past frustrated now, he has just looked defeated the past few games.

fair? yeah, maybe if you're blind as shit. A lot of those 19 turnovers were bad calls which included moving screens on OSU's end, blatant flops, and balls that clearly went off OSU players, lol... I know refs aren't perfect, but man that was terrible.

This could have been a much better game and at least semi-fair ref wise, but it wasn't.

Also, Summer having 0 points didn't have anything to do with it (please don't start sounding like vitale, lol). We've been a terrible shooting team for a while now, mainly because we've been jacking three's and contested shots. The team today was completely different as we were feeding the down ball low to Nix and Payne for a change and the bench was producing a lot of offensive.

Amory

Kemba Walker is conducting an all out assault on georgetown. When he gets going (which admittedly hasn't been often lately) there's not a more exciting player in college right now.

osmosis

Neo Member
Good win for Purdue tonight. Splits the regular season series with Wisconsin and gives us sole possession of 2nd in the Big10. Looking forward to Sunday's matchup against OSU. First one was undeniably pathetic on our parts. Hopefully that was an aberration and we can play like we're capable of in the confines of Mackey.

Boiler Up!

osmosis said:
Good win for Purdue tonight. Splits the regular season series with Wisconsin and gives us sole possession of 2nd in the Big10. Looking forward to Sunday's matchup against OSU. First one was undeniably pathetic on our parts. Hopefully that was an aberration and we can play like we're capable of in the confines of Mackey.

Boiler Up!

Domination shall happen again.

Watching San Diego vs. St. Mary's on ESPN Online. St. Mary's looks like a first round exit from the NCAA tournament...shit, the way they're playing they might not even win their conference tournament.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ErasureAcer said:
Illinois beats Michigan by 2.

I was too depressed to talk about the game last night.

This game pretty much ended our chances at making the tourny. I was there 9 rows up on the risers right behind where Smot took the final 3. Pretty great seats.

Nobody to blame for this loss but ourselves. It was one of the most fairly reffed road games I've seen. Illinois played like crap and tried over and over to give us the game but we just couldn't hit a shot. 1-18 from 3 and we missed the front end of several 1 and 1's.

Oh well bring on Iowa!

Brian Fellows said:
Nobody to blame for this loss but ourselves. It was one of the most fairly reffed road games I've seen.

Illinois is the only competitive Big 10 team that gets no home court advantage with the reffing. I am always in awe when I watch MSU, Wisky, OSU, and Purdue hosting games. I just find it funny that you, an opposing fan, would make the same observation more or less. Though I would argue the officiating was slightly tilted in your favor last night. :p

The entire B10 reffing crew hate Weber. I guess he just isn't a smooth talker and has no idea how to work the refs.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A judge has sentenced a woman convicted of threatening to reveal a sexual tryst with Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino unless he paid her millions to more than seven years in prison.

Karen Cunagin Sypher sobbed during a hearing Friday before being sentenced to 87 months in prison by U.S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson III. He also ordered two years of supervised release after she serves her prison term.

full article here

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
goldenticket said:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A judge has sentenced a woman convicted of threatening to reveal a sexual tryst with Louisville basketball coach Rick Pitino unless he paid her millions to more than seven years in prison.

Karen Cunagin Sypher sobbed during a hearing Friday before being sentenced to 87 months in prison by U.S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson III. He also ordered two years of supervised release after she serves her prison term.

full article here
7 years... Thats fucking crazy. Pitino.

Amory

How the hell do you name an arena the KFC Yum! Center? Even the KFC center would be fine, but why add "yum!"?

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Yum! is the name of the company, so I guess the better question is why include KFC in there too. I guess, obviously, because it's in Kentucky, but it still makes for awkward wording.

Kalnos said:
If you lived here you would get to listen to her more often, she's fucking insane.
7 years is about 30 too few, Sypher is the epitomy of the word psycho

since her conviction she has claimed:
the FBI forged her signature on her consent for a polygraph
the federal judge helped orchestrate a plot against her
her ex husband fake his multi year marriage to keep her quiet
tried to state that the DoJ has been planning a cover up from the top
claimed photos of her and previous attorney, who delivered the demands were doctored

and also slept with, at last count 5 people involved in the case

edit: and yeah very few of us Ville fans are happy with the naming of KFC Yum!, but Yum! (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut, Long John Silvers) has been trying to raise overall brand awareness...guess the diversity in branding allows UK fans to make fun of it with multiple unfunny names...like "the yuck bucket" and "the ghetto hut"

SyNapSe said:
worst tech ever against Knowles. Damn that was harsh
no, the worst tech ever was against Kuric last week when he posterized somebody and got hit with a Tech ouf of the ref's pity for the other player's ego

jakncoke

Banned
He also makes enough mistakes on the floor that you'd think he was a 3 star freshman rather than mcdonalds sophmore

Edit: so good to have Gibbs back

Edit2: :D fuck yeah :D

Edit3: fuck you zebra

Edit4: these refs are girls ffs. just t'd up lavin. take off your skirts and man up

jakncoke

Banned
*sigh*

474492e17ba51d33.gif

Talon

Jakncoke, you know I love Pitt, but I'm a little conflicted.

Been a fan of Steve Lavin ever since that hilarious string of press conferences as he was fixing to get fired at UCLA.

"Yeah, I hear they're looking at Ben Howland...Mark Few. Those seem like good choices."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom