• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proelite

truly101 said:
I'm a little surprised, BC is not great on D and not very big inside, I thought you guys would be rolling these kids by now

Not surprised.

Play a zone against UNC, they score 60 or less.

If you have a team that can score 60 or more you beat UNC most of the time.

Seth C

Schlookum said:
Man, I would tear up mass quantities of pretzels. Wish I could go, stupid work.

I say skip work. Too much beer to be wasting time with working. GAF has been trying to put together a Pazzo's meetup for years it seems.

Seth C said:
I say skip work. Too much beer to be wasting time with working. GAF has been trying to put together a Pazzo's meetup for years it seems.

We first talked about a Pazzo's meeting years ago during the SEC tourney.

We should pick a day and plan ahead. I'm back in Ashland for a while, so it's not too far for me.

Well, we kinda owed Nebraska an upset after our football team beat them this season. I can live with that loss because Jordan hamilton hasn't had that bad of shooting in a long time. Hopefully we can win out and still get a #1 seed for the tourney.

vas_a_morir said:

We should pick a day and plan ahead. I'm back in Ashland for a while, so it's not too far for me.
Completely unrelated to college basketball, but I really like the CBJ's new logo and alternate uniforms. I hope they make them the primaries in the future.

Sorry, I saw your avatar and couldn't help but mention it.

vas_a_morir said:

i think i said I was down for that back then, still down even if im he only Ville GAFfer there

Kalnos

Banned
GodfatherX said:
got the fn flu man, but definitely down another weekend, just need a few hours notice, takes about an hour and a half from where im at to Lex

From Louisville? Damn, it only takes me like 50 minutes.

Kalnos said:
From Louisville? Damn, it only takes me like 50 minutes.
just moved to Shep, so Ive got about 20 minutes to 64, then the 60 miles to Lex

and cant speed, just beat a ticket for 26 over, part of that deal is if I get another ticket in 6 months I get 6 month suspended license :( hate driving ms daisy

I never thought I'd be saying this but I fear our upcoming game @ NEBRASKA significantly more than I fear KU at home. Doc Sadler has quietly done a fantastic job in Lincoln.

Which Michigan State and Illinois teams will show up tonight? Should be a fun one. I'll pick State though.

I'm picking Utah State over St. Mary's...which I don't think is going to make the tournament...they looked like crap against San Diego.

Both State and Illinois played pretty well tonight, I think. Definitely saw the weaknesses of each team, though.

Can't complain after an Illini loss for once. Played well, but they just got beat.

Hopefully we can pull off a miracle and upset OSU or Purdue, because if we can't I think we're poised for another (NIT) Final Four run!

Elfforkusu said:
Hopefully we can pull off a miracle and upset OSU or Purdue, because if we can't I think we're poised for another (NIT) Final Four run!

I think the Big Ten will get 6...we know 3. 5 are in contention:

Illinois(7-7): @ Ohio State, Iowa, @ Purdue, Indiana
Penn State(7-7): @ Wisc, @ NW, Ohio State, @ Minnesota
Michigan State(7-7): @ Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, @ Michigan
Michigan(7-8): Wisconsin, @ Minnesota, Michigan State
Minnesota(6-8): Michigan State, Michigan, @ Northwestern, Penn State

It's possible they all finish 9-9. Then whoever makes it the furthest in the BT tourney gets in most likely...which will all depend on seeding(4-5 game is where you want to be or maybe #6 so you play Wisconsin) which will all depend on their records vs. each other.

Vs. The other 4:
Illinois: 4-1 (finished vs. the other 4)
Michigan: 3-2 (2 games left vs other 4)
Michigan State 3-3 (2 games vs other 4)
Penn State: 3-4 (1 game left vs other 4)
Minnesota: 1-3 (3 games left vs other 4)

So Illinois is actually sitting quite pretty vs. other bubble teams in the conference. Michigan could finish 5-2. Michigan State or Minnesota could finish 5-3. Penn State could at best finish 4-4vs. the bubble teams in conference.

edit-One more nugget of info. Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota all lost @ Indiana. And Michigan State got walloped @ Iowa. Penn State only played Iowa and Indiana once and won both games.

Fatalah

Amidst the continuing Melo saga, St. John's is the lead story in NYC! From the papers, to WFAN!

gal_backpage_0220.jpg

MSG was packed yesterday, this awesome fan video of the game winning shot is ELECTRIC!

The unranked Johnnies (17-9, 9-5) have won six of seven and are truly the giant-killers of college basketball. Six teams have come into the Garden to face them with a national ranking of 13th or better and only then-No. 4 Syracuse prevailed. Then-No. 3 Duke, No. 4 Pitt, No. 9 Notre Dame, No. 10 UConn and No. 13 Georgetown all have fallen.

St. John's being relevant is simply surreal. None of the local talking heads thought a resurgence was possible -- Mike Francesca (St. John's alumnus) and Michael Kay come to mind. To them, I say this -- EAT IT!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
bucknuticus said:
Wish these refs would call this game consistently. Ted Valentine may be the worse ref every how he still works I do not know.

I hate how they pretty much let the bigs kill each other down low then call a bunch of annoying touch fouls on the guards.

HeySeuss

If we can weather this storm without Buford and Sully I think we will be ok. But somebody needs to have a chat with Thomas. His decision making is terrible.

bucknuticus said:
Played a terrible half without our 2 best players and only down 4? I'll take it.
My thoughts exactly.

If it's anything like the MSU game, we'll come out guns blazing in the second half and take the game back.

HeySeuss

If Craft was half as good on offense that he is on defense it would be scary. His hustle on defense is the only thing giving me hope in this game.

Oh well both of our losses were at 2 of the hardest places to play and both teams had players who were shooting lights out. Neither of these losses will hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom