• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabig2

Elfforkusu said:
Welp, inevitable.

That we hired Weber over Matta isn't quite Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan bad, but it's at least Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers bad.

Pretty much. I wish I could be like Weber and obtain millions of dollars living off 1 excellent year...with another man's talent.

lush

zmoney said:
scotty hopson is playing balls out this year
He's currently on the best roll of his career. He was definitely the difference down the stretch here tonight. He's finally playing to his potential, driving the lane, fighting through contact, and exploding to the rim. He dominated the Georgia game, he was getting to the rim at will in that one.

BertramCooper said:
Good win tonight.

We really needed it.

Buford really is the game changer for us, if he has off nights or gets in foul troubles early we're in trouble. We have no one to replace him, which is what we saw in the 2 losses, he got in an early foul trouble and was struggling.

jakncoke

Banned
PASADENA, Calif. -- The Caltech men's basketball team ended a 26-year conference losing streak Tuesday night after posting a 46-45 victory over Occidental in the team's regular-season finale on senior night.

It was the first victory for the Division III Beavers since beating the University of La Verne 48-47 on Jan. 23, 1985, a span of 310 games in Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play.

"Tonight's win is a testament to the hard work each member of this team, the alumni and the supporters have put into this program," third-year coach Oliver Eslinger said in a statement released by the school. "I hope that everyone who has participated in Caltech men's basketball is able to celebrate a little tonight."

Ryan Elmquist led Caltech (5-20, 1-13) with 23 points and nine rebounds. It was Elmquist's free throw with 3 seconds left that was the difference in knocking off Occidental (12-13, 6-8).

Caltech is a world-renowned private research university known more for its accomplishments in science and engineering than jump shots and back cuts. Despite its small size -- the school enrolls approximately 950 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students and employs about 300 professorial faculty -- Caltech has produced 31 Nobel Prize winners.

The Beavers finished the season 5-20, their best record in 15 years.

Back in 2007, Caltech ended an NCAA-record 207-game losing streak.

Holy epic proportions of sucking

eznark

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
fuck you, Wisconsin.
sSNgZ.gif

The SEC is projected to have the 2nd most teams of any conference entered in the NCAA tournament. Obviously, Kentucky is just playing against some really tough and gritty competition

Kalnos said:
Calapari sucks. I can't wait to hear drunk fucks call in on radio and yell during the UK post-game show.
I was back in Ohio last week and for some reason, my radio managed to pick up a Louisville radio station (I'm in Northeast Ohio, not even close to Louisville). It was a UK station and they were doing their postgame show.

That was some weird shit. They spent two-thirds of the time talking about how much Louisville sucks.

Oddly enough, that very same radio also managed to get a Baton Rouge radio station during football season, and I listened to the end of an LSU game. Apparently my radio is an SEC fan.

Bowser

Barnes put the finishing touches on our 10th straight against the Wusspack with back to back monster putbacks and a 3. Thanks for playing State!

BertramCooper said:
I was back in Ohio last week and for some reason, my radio managed to pick up a Louisville radio station (I'm in Northeast Ohio, not even close to Louisville). It was a UK station and they were doing their postgame show.

That was some weird shit. They spent two-thirds of the time talking about how much Louisville sucks.

Oddly enough, that very same radio also managed to get a Baton Rouge radio station during football season, and I listened to the end of an LSU game. Apparently my radio is an SEC fan.
that would be 84WHAS, you can pick it up much further away then ohio if your elevated enough...and yeah the UK call in is the most entertaining thing on radio

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Bowser said:
Barnes put the finishing touches on our 10th straight against the Wusspack with back to back monster putbacks and a 3. Thanks for playing State!

State rolls over for UNC all the damn time, one win in 6 years? LULZ. THe best thing about that game is that it ensures Kool Aid Man is gone. Maybe the ACC will get someone worth a shit to coach some of these other teams.

LegoDad

truly101 said:
Temple is only the second top 25 team we've beat this year.... thanks Sparty and K-State!

GOOOOOO WOLPFACK!

Not our fault the media fell in love with us. Thought we would do way better with less players. I knew we would be Top 20 basketball at the beginning of the year without Clemente.. If we didn't lose to Colorado, win against Mizzou and then ISU, we would have been top 20 going into march.

andycapps

Outdoor Miner said:
How is Kentucky not running away with the shitty SEC this year?

SEC East is a monster. SEC West is a joke, Bama is a paper tiger and will probably get drilled in the SEC tournament. Kentucky isn't as good as they have been in recent years, but UT, UF, UGA, Vandy, and SCAR are all tough teams.

jakncoke

Banned
CriginsMcJuggs said:
EAT SHIT PITT

that is all

your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries

Random: I think a lot of Big East teams are going to end up getting knocked out early causing you guys to become insufferable during the thread

Seth C

Outdoor Miner said:
How is Kentucky not running away with the shitty SEC this year?

First off, the SEC isn't shitty this year. We will probably get the second most teams in the NCAA Tournament. The conference is just fairly well balanced (okay, the SEC East is) but none of the teams are exceptionally good, including Kentucky. Especially Kentucky maybe. We just don't have enough players worth a damn and the ones we do have are playing too many minutes.

Oh, and we've lost 6 games by a total of something silly like 15 points. It's whatever, but we aren't great, and we are losing to (mostly) a bunch of other teams that are good but also not great.

And shit, keep in mind that our entire damned starting line up was drafted in the first round last season, and our prized recruit isn't playing. It is what it is. We only have 11 guys on the roster and only 8 that actually deserve a scholarship.

Bowser

Seth C said:
First off, the SEC isn't shitty this year. We will probably get the second most teams in the NCAA Tournament. The conference is just fairly well balanced (okay, the SEC East is) but none of the teams are exceptionally good, including Kentucky. Especially Kentucky maybe. We just don't have enough players worth a damn and the ones we do have are playing too many minutes.

Oh, and we've lost 6 games by a total of something silly like 15 points. It's whatever, but we aren't great, and we are losing to (mostly) a bunch of other teams that are good but also not great.

And shit, keep in mind that our entire damned starting line up was drafted in the first round last season, and our prized recruit isn't playing. It is what it is. We only have 11 guys on the roster and only 8 that actually deserve a scholarship.

It's just luck and nerves. Last year your all-frosh team had guts. They were 8-0 in games decided by 5 points or less. This team is lacking the same kind of "assassin" mentality, as they are 0-6 in the same situation. Last year's team probably wasn't as good as its record indicated and similarly, this team isn't as bad/mediocre/not as good as its record is indicating.

Seth C said:
Hate to state the obvious but this will always be the case. Shady and one and dones are his bread and butter.

Seth C

GodfatherX said:
Hate to state the obvious but this will always be the case. Shady and one and dones are his bread and butter.

Annnd that's why he has one of the best overall records in the last 5 seasons. We will always lose players after one year, yes, we won't always start off with no one but Patrick Patterson on the roster and then lose everyone to the draft. And we were still good enough to spank your asses, so really...

And what room does the fan of the team with our former shady coach have to insult our current shady coach? Haha.

Seth C said:
Annnd that's why he has one of the best overall records in the last 5 seasons. We will always lose players after one year, yes, we won't always start off with no one but Patrick Patterson on the roster and then lose everyone to the draft. And we were still good enough to spank your asses, so really...

And what room does the fan of the team with our former shady coach have to insult our current shady coach? Haha.
just stating the obvious that UK will be starting 2-3 new kids every year, with that rotation it will be near impossible for Cal to make a Final 4 run, even at Memphis he had players that stuck around to compensate the one and dones, will not happen at UK. Even with that talent I think the nation as a whole, and others here can back me up, don't believe in Cal's ability to actually coach. see that inbound play last night for a perfect example

and the shady part was strictly about the players, rose, camby, bledsoe, kanter ect. I don't even bother calling Cal dirty anymore, it's purely redundant. What Shadiness has Pitino done sans an affair? and how does said affair have any implications to his coaching or the program at all? it doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom