• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
osmosis said:
The technical on the cheerleader was hilarious and deserved.
true a cheerleader should know to never touch the ball, but the end of game horn did go off

but that just topped off a game where Marra got hit with a phantom call after he got beat, replay showed not only did he miss the ball he made contact with nothing. Then Kuric gets hammered at the end of regulation with no call

Not to mention the disparity we average against other teams in Big East play, the Cincy game for example we had 7 FT attempts compared to their 24. We have singled out 2 Big East officials as the source for most of the disparity Burr and Higgins. Higgins was supposed to call this game but got switched for "administrative" reasons

osmosis

Neo Member
Should've just run the time out I suppose but it's easy to see how someone, both the player and cheerleader in this case, could get caught up in the moment make those decisions. Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome.

Didn't see the whole game but did catch the end and I agree a foul should've been called at the end of regulation.

And as for Burr, he has been horrendous in several Purdue games as well. Granted we're a physical team and deserve a lot of the fouls called against us, but he makes a lot of bad calls and is generally inconsistent in how he referees.

osmosis

Neo Member
So, who does everyone think will be 1st team All Americans?

My picks:

JaJuan Johnson
Jared Sullinger
Jimmer Fredette
Nolan Smith

Not entirely sure on the last spot. I will admit I am little biased towards Big Ten players since that's what I pay attention to for the most part. That being said, I think Jon Leuer is my pick currently. Good arguments can definitely be made for a lot of guys though. Jordan Taylor, Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams certainly deserve a lot of consideration as well.

That win felt great today...sucks that we lost Buckles for the season though. He was starting to get back into the groove and he provided us more depth.

still, great win!

:jakncoke

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
osmosis said:
So, who does everyone think will be 1st team All Americans?

My picks:

JaJuan Johnson
Jared Sullinger
Jimmer Fredette
Nolan Smith

Not entirely sure on the last spot. I will admit I am little biased towards Big Ten players since that's what I pay attention to for the most part. That being said, I think Jon Leuer is my pick currently. Good arguments can definitely be made for a lot of guys though. Jordan Taylor, Kemba Walker and Derrick Williams certainly deserve a lot of consideration as well.

Zack Novak :)

I dunno who should be 1st team all-americans but if Trevor Mbakwe from the Gophers isn't on the first team of the Big Ten...I cry foul. Dude is a beast...only could imagine his numbers had Nolen not broken his foot.

MightyHealthy said:
That win felt great today...sucks that we lost Buckles for the season though. He was starting to get back into the groove and he provided us more depth.

still, great win!

:jakncoke
wait torn acl? they said a sprain during the broadcast...Fuck (ing injury curse)

GodfatherX said:
wait torn acl? they said a sprain during the broadcast...Fuck (ing injury curse)
yep

It'll be up to Dieng, SVT, and Kuric to step up on the boards...and as terrible as this sounds, it's not "omg end of the world" type news.

He already had missed so many games, his return was kind of messing up the flow of some of our offensive possessions. He'll be missed in some situations down the line, absolutely, but he seemed almost like a liability. That's just my (a-hole) observation of it, though.

Regardless of all that couch coaching, that's horrible news for a talented young man, and I hope he returns healthy as hell for next year. I've torn my ACL before...even after it heals, it's scary as shit trying to return to putting weight on it. He needs to take as much time as he needs, and not pull a Hummel.

Fatalah

Stormin! AP ranks SJU #15!

alg_steve_lavin_sneakers.jpg

Yowza!

jakncoke

Banned
Notre Dame taking it to Nova. shocking... NOT! lol

Edit: Nova so not good. prolly going to be a 7/10 victim or whatever seed they get.

Sir Pant

Kstate really taking it to Texas....at Texas? What happened to these teams, did they switch uniforms the last couple games or what?

What do you mean? This is par for the course in the Rick Barnes Texas college hoops series.

I would be asking what the hell is wrong with Texas if they weren't having their usual late season collapse.

Shouldn't they test Pullen on his hurt hand...they should be fouling him. Texas is stupid.

Alright, guess he can still shoot with his right. Texas, the state, is still stupid though, for other reasons.

LegoDad

perfectchaos007 said:
Just got back from the game. I guess our team is the same as last year except we just waited a little longer for the collapse to begin.

I will say that if you lose to Baylor...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yahoo's all Big Ten Teams.....

First Team:
Jordan Taylor
E’Twaun Moore
Jon Leuer
Jared Sullinger
JaJuan Johnson

Second Team:
Trevor Mbakwe
Talor Battle
David Lighty
Kalin Lucas
Darius Morris

Third Team:
Draymond Green
Christian Watford
William Buford
Demetri McCamey
John Shurna

POY: Sullinger
Freshman of the Year: Craft

How does sully when POTY but not freshman? I'm haoppy for craft because he would win it if sully wasnt here, but if a guy is poty shoudlnt he be frosh of the year? Also no clue how lighty isnt first team, he is the best defender in the big 10 if not the nation.

LegoDad

bucknuticus said:
How does sully when POTY but not freshman? I'm haoppy for craft because he would win it if sully wasnt here, but if a guy is poty shoudlnt he be frosh of the year? Also no clue how lighty isnt first team, he is the best defender in the big 10 if not the nation.

usually its one or the other so more people get recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom