• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

osmosis

Neo Member
bucknuticus said:
We already have the te breaks for the 1 seed in the tourney if I remember right. So I don't think Sunday's game will change our seeding.

As I understand the tiebreaker, Purdue still has a shot at the 1 seed for the conference tourney. If Wisconsin wins, Ohio St. would be 0-2 against them and Purdue is 1-1, thus giving them the edge. Could be wrong on that, but that's all I have found so far. Doesn't matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

osmosis said:
As I understand the tiebreaker, Purdue still has a shot at the 1 seed for the conference tourney. If Wisconsin wins, Ohio St. would be 0-2 against them and Purdue is 1-1, thus giving them the edge. Could be wrong on that, but that's all I have found so far. Doesn't matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

Right you are, I forget the tie breaking rules isnt overall record, because that makes sense, but rather record vs next in the standings. But as you said a 1/2 seed really doesnt matter, both get byes.

DominoKid

Bowser said:
ESPN ain't got nothin' on CBS:

29f5jwh.png

shh...maybe they'll let us bring Lawson back for one more year like this.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Who I am rooting for tonight.........

UTEP over Marshall
Utah over Colo. State
Cincy over Marquette
LSU over Georgia
Kansas over Tex. AM
NC over FSU
ECU over Memphis
SMU over UCF
Saint Louis over Dayton
Maryland over Miami
UAB over Southern Mississippi
St. Joseph over Richmond
Iowa State over Colorado
Auburn over Ole Miss
Michigan St over Iowa

Mrbob

Maquette needs to win tonight. They win their last two Big East conference games I think they are off the bubble and into the dance. They should be able to take out Cincy at home. Two wins to finish the season would put them at 20-11 overall but 11-7 in the Big East. If they lose to Cincy they still might be able to get in but it will be a tougher route. Will have to win their final conference game and then perhaps a game or two in the conference tourney.

Pretty big game for the KU Beakers against A&M. KU WON'T WIN in our house, that's a GUARANTEE so they better take care of business tonight.

SyNapSe

Marshall nails it! Kitchen nearly hit the opposite shot but stepped outta bounds. Good finish

Oh it was Barnes? I thought it was Marshall. espn3 feed not great for me right now

Talon

SyNapSe said:
Marshall nails it! Kitchen nearly hit the opposite shot but stepped outta bounds. Good finish
The clock started late anyways. Time would have been up before he got that shot off.

Yeah, it was Barnes on that clearout. Hall of Fame coaching from Roy as always. :jakncoke

Seth C

Seth C said:
He also just "indefinitely suspended" someone. I'm guessing that lasts one game, two at most. Until the next big game.

Kansas is playing Texas A&M and that suspension is suddenly over? It's like I'm psychic.

jakncoke

Banned
damn Big South is starting their conference tourney tomorrow. getting so close boys :D

Edit: We need Brandin Knight to yell again

Hopefully Alabama-Birmingham loses Saturday so there can be like a 5 way tie for the C-USA title. lolz

edit: nvm that can't happen anymore because southern miss lost to them.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Barnes is definitely clutch, can't deny that.

Whats worse for me is I realized that for all his hype, Kyrie Irving's career at Duke won't even amount to Taylor King's I'm ready for this season to end and embrace the Austin Rivers future. We're getting bounced first weekend.

great game by my Cards today, Knowles gets 20 pts and a double double on senior night, will be missed unlike Sosa and Samuels. Next year Kyle Kuric will be nasty, calling it now

osmosis

Neo Member
truly101 said:
Whats worse for me is I realized that for all his hype, Kyrie Irving's career at Duke won't even amount to Taylor King's I'm ready for this season to end and embrace the Austin Rivers future. We're getting bounced first weekend.

Such pessimism! Not a Duke fan by any stretch and Duke certainly hasn't had many tests at all this year, but 7-10 seeds are awfully weak this year and Duke won't get below a 2.

Duke can shoot 3s from time to time. Any team that can get hot and drain some 3s has a good a shot as any.

Hopes that Purdue either a) gets hot or b) doesn't face a team that gets hot.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
osmosis said:
Such pessimism! Not a Duke fan by any stretch and Duke certainly hasn't had many tests at all this year, but 7-10 seeds are awfully weak this year and Duke won't get below a 2.

Duke can shoot 3s from time to time. Any team that can get hot and drain some 3s has a good a shot as any.

Hopes that Purdue either a) gets hot or b) doesn't face a team that gets hot.

Any team we face in the second round will be as good if not better than FSU and VT. Duke has started cold most of the games as of late and 3 point shooting proves nothing if you go cold (like vs St Johns) we don't have a reliable offensive game plan if the team goes cold from the perimeter. This team is very similar to the 2008 team to me, only Nolan Smith is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than Demarcus Nelson

jakncoke

Banned
Random thought: These analysts and stuff keep thinking BE going to get 11 teams, do you guys think they will? I'm really unsure they get that many tbh

Kalnos

Banned
jakncoke said:
Random thought: These analysts and stuff keep thinking BE going to get 11 teams, do you guys think they will? I'm really unsure they get that many tbh

If Marquette gets in yes, if not, no. It's not that absurd.

osmosis

Neo Member
Any way you slice it, the tournament is going to be ridiculous this year. OSU and Kansas seem to be slightly above the rest, but not enough to call em definitive favorites. Gonna be an interesting few weeks. Always fun to see the various conference styles play each other.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Azwethinkweiz said:
ACC refs should not be allowed to officiate Duke home games.
Clemson is totally getting jobbed, no lie. But look at it this way, its better than the refs jobbing you at Little John against UNC

truly101 said:
Clemson is totally getting jobbed, no lie. But look at it this way, its better than the refs jobbing you at Little John against UNC

You would think that would be some sort of consolation. It is not n

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Azwethinkweiz said:
You would think that would be some sort of consolation. It is not n
Well you'll get revenge in football. I can't decide if Brownell is a good coach or not. I think so, but losing to NCSU makes me wonder. So far he hasn't been a down grade over Purnell

Kalnos said:
If Marquette gets in yes, if not, no. It's not that absurd.
pretty much, its either 11with Marquette or we stay happy with 10. The questionables are the SEC and Pac 10, but let's be honest that's nearly every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom