• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
jakncoke said:
Notre Dame taking it to Nova. shocking... NOT! lol

Edit: Nova so not good. prolly going to be a 7/10 victim or whatever seed they get.

Nova does look like complete garbage right now, but it is tough to win when the opposing team is raining down three pointers at will.

I wonder if Nova will fall to a bubble team? They have been on a horrible run recently. Beating Pitt on Saturday would be a huge plus, but I doubt that will happen at the Pete.

6syr9j.jpg

Bill Cole is terribad.

We're right on course for another moral victory! You can't stop us from losing by only single digits, Purdue! Eat it!

bachikarn said:
It was a nice touch for Billy to bring out Allen at the end.

Really? That is great. I feel for the kid. Rough go of it.
Also, are we allowed to whip out the SEC chant? As a conference we aren't very good, and we are playing within the conference. But still ...

SyNapSe

Jeter from Nebraska nailed a bank-shot 3 at the half time buzzer but it was a hair late. Only winning 27-25 over misery

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
SerArthurDayne said:
Really? That is great. I feel for the kid. Rough go of it.
Also, are we allowed to whip out the SEC chant? As a conference we aren't very good, and we are playing within the conference. But still ...

Don't do this. Ever. I hate every last one of the other 11 teams in the SEC. Even Vandy.

mre said:
Don't do this. Ever. I hate every last one of the other 11 teams in the SEC. Even Vandy.

It was a fun reference to Football season, though. And I mean it as in a "We are the SEC champs, so fuck y'all (especially Bama- we finally beat you in something!)" way.

dIEHARD said:
Brandon Davies was kicked off the BYU team.

ugh

Argh! you live and die and by the Honor Code if you are a high profile athlete at BYU, lets be honest Davies is at fault here but damn BYU does not make it easy..

on one hand a good seeding and a deep run would be great for BYU but at the same time if you don't hold to your standards whats it all for?

FML

Big Ten Chaaaaaaaaaaampss!

Woot woot good night, we win the big 10, Diebler sets a record, free fries becasue we scored over 70 points, and I won me lots of money from Vegas!

Proelite said:
VT loses at home by double digits to BC on senior night. Typical ACC team after they beat Duke.

I figured they'd play their way back onto the bubble. Beat Duke... wash it down with losses to BC (done) and Clemson before bowing out in the first game in the ACC tournament.

Speaking of the ACC, UNC lost a reserve guard for the season, Reggie Bullock. Hurts their already suffering depth.

osmosis

Neo Member
Senior night for Johnson and Moore at Purdue. Typical efforts from them, which is to say, outstanding. Certainly a fun duo to watch these past 4 years and I expect them to succeed at the next level. I imagine the rest of the Big 10 won't mind seeing them move on. Here's hoping for 9 or 10 more games from them though.

Byrd and Smith came up huge tonight. It seems like one or two role players have stepped up in every game in our winning streak. Something we didn't see last a lot of last year really. Something I hope will continue next year with Johnson and Moore gone. A 1 seed is definitely an outside shot for us, but with BYU's center off the team, and the unpredictability of the next week, I think we have a good a shot as anyone 5 thru 8. Not that it matters :)

Illinois played great for most of the first half of the game. A considerable drop off in the 2nd half. Been an inconsistent year in general, but I wouldn't count them out in the conference tourney or the tournament by any stretch.

i had my jorts on for Senior Night at Rupp. As did hundreds of others.

i had my 'eloy vargas' sign at Rupp. no one else did.

UK won at Rupp, again. Life is good.

We need to win at Tennessee. Odds aren't so good, but I'm hoping.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
pxleyes said:
SEC Champs!! Good to be on top of the SEC again.

If you lose on Saturday and Bama beats UGA, that's co-Champs, home slice.

For the record, I pull for Bama and NC State in basketball. Hence why I traditionally care very little for the sport. :p

Seth C

mre said:
I thought Lorenzen graduated?

Different chubby white guy (and not really chubby by normal people standards). Lorenzen had a chance in the NFL but was apparently more interested in eating Twinkies.

jjasper

kkaabboomm said:
We need to win at Tennessee. Odds aren't so good, but I'm hoping.

Have you seen us play at home this year? I know you guys suck on the road but our home record this year in the SEC: 3-4 with the wins being South Carolina, LSU, and inexplicably Vanderbilt.

Seth C said:
4 years now.
Hmm never noticed him, has he ever played before this year?

andycapps

mre said:
If you lose on Saturday and Bama beats UGA, that's co-Champs, home slice.

For the record, I pull for Bama and NC State in basketball. Hence why I traditionally care very little for the sport. :p

Pulling for Bama tonight and then for UGA to beat them later in the week. Never thought I'd say this, but Roll Tide!

I like in the picture up above that ESPN is saying that Florida is about to win the SEC West and Bama the East. For being SECSPN they need a freshman course on which teams are in which league.

andycapps said:
Pulling for Bama tonight and then for UGA to beat them later in the week. Never thought I'd say this, but Roll Tide!

I like in the picture up above that ESPN is saying that Florida is about to win the SEC West and Bama the East. For being SECSPN they need a freshman course on which teams are in which league.

I'm glad someone finally caught why I posted that picture. I snapped the screen assuming they would fix it shortly, but it was still switched even after the game was over, saying Florida clinched the West, and Bama still listed as East Champs.

ascii42

andycapps said:
Or like, a freshman course on Geography.

Seth C

jjasper said:
Have you seen us play at home this year? I know you guys suck on the road but our home record this year in the SEC: 3-4 with the wins being South Carolina, LSU, and inexplicably Vanderbilt.

Hmm never noticed him, has he ever played before this year?

You know very well that if there is one game your guys are going to show up for, it will be the last game of the regular season against Kentucky. Do you have a senior who rides the bench? If so he's going to go off for 27 on us.

And no, Jorts hasn't seen much playing time. Last season he would have been behind Cousins and Patterson in the rotation, and would have been behind Patterson his entire career. Cal challenged him to get in shape this season and he has become, well, serviceable anyway.

andycapps

Kill The Bat said:
I'm glad someone finally caught why I posted that picture. I snapped the screen assuming they would fix it shortly, but it was still switched even after the game was over, saying Florida clinched the West, and Bama still listed as East Champs.

I didn't understand why nobody else said anything so figured I might as well be the first.

And I just realized that Bama got destroyed by UF last night. Figures.

Seth C

andycapps said:
I didn't understand why nobody else said anything so figured I might as well be the first.

For me it was so obvious that I didn't bother to comment on it. Honestly, as a Kentucky fan I've seen so many ESPN stories that have a picture of my team and the word "Kansas" in the headline that that one doesn't even get my attention. I just figure we're lucky if they can eve get the scores right.

Well, Minnesota can still get the 7th seed in the BT tourney if they win out. They'd most likely then face Iowa(easy win) and then Purdue(assuming Ohio State beats Wisconsin). Next up would probably be Wisconsin but it could be either Michigan team. If it's Wisconsin and we beat them...we then have 5 top 25 victories. What are the odds we get in the tournament then? I don't think we could beat Ohio State in the championship game(see last year)...so hopefully they get knocked off by someone in the top half of the bracket.

ascii42 said:
Or like, a freshman course on Geography.

Well, to be fair, sometimes sports divisions make little sense to begin with.

SerArthurDayne said:
Not everything is as obvious as Legends and Leaders guys.

Not all conferences are so fortunate, I agree.

andycapps said:

I thought about circling it to point it out initially, but decided that would require too much effort.

Well, they are from the SEC West (East?), so you know. Florida looked almost Auburn bad the first half as they couldn't sink a shot to save their life. Shots started falling toward the end, and especially during the second half. Bama looked pretty weak the whole game and never really seemed to muster a lot of energy.

Bowser

Seth C said:
For me it was so obvious that I didn't bother to comment on it. Honestly, as a Kentucky fan I've seen so many ESPN stories that have a picture of my team and the word "Kansas" in the headline that that one doesn't even get my attention. I just figure we're lucky if they can eve get the scores right.

ESPN ain't got nothin' on CBS:

29f5jwh.png

ErasureAcer said:
Well, Minnesota can still get the 7th seed in the BT tourney if they win out. They'd most likely then face Iowa(easy win) and then Purdue(assuming Ohio State beats Wisconsin). Next up would probably be Wisconsin but it could be either Michigan team. If it's Wisconsin and we beat them...we then have 5 top 25 victories. What are the odds we get in the tournament then? I don't think we could beat Ohio State in the championship game(see last year)...so hopefully they get knocked off by someone in the top half of the bracket.
We already have the te breaks for the 1 seed in the tourney if I remember right. So I don't think Sunday's game will change our seeding.

osmosis

Neo Member
ErasureAcer said:
Well, Minnesota can still get the 7th seed in the BT tourney if they win out. They'd most likely then face Iowa(easy win) and then Purdue(assuming Ohio State beats Wisconsin). Next up would probably be Wisconsin but it could be either Michigan team. If it's Wisconsin and we beat them...we then have 5 top 25 victories. What are the odds we get in the tournament then?

If Minnesota does all those things then I think they probably get in. Lotta ifs though. I think the Big 10 probably gets 2 bids between Michigan, Michigan St., and Minnesota. Michigan St. and Michigan play each other to end the year as well, so that helps Minnesota. There's a lot left to be decided.

andycapps

Kill The Bat said:
Well, they are from the SEC West (East?), so you know. Florida looked almost Auburn bad the first half as they couldn't sink a shot to save their life. Shots started falling toward the end, and especially during the second half. Bama looked pretty weak the whole game and never really seemed to muster a lot of energy.

From what I've heard of Bama this year they've been pretty weak all year, but they look great next to the likes of LSU and Auburn.

andycapps said:
From what I've heard of Bama this year they've been pretty weak all year, but they look great next to the likes of LSU and Auburn.

Right, which is what I was getting at with the SEC West jab. It's basically been like the football season, in that one division is loaded with pretty good teams and the other division just mires in suckitude, although the divisions have been reversed for basketball.

Bama has some really weak OOC losses, which is why they're on the bubble now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom