• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLib

Banned
BertramCooper said:
Two schools. Two Final Fours. Both vacated.

Just sayin'.

No you're just trolling. Look you can say what you want about Calipari's recruiting practices and there even is an argument that he did/should have known about Rose.

The Marcus Camby thing is a bit bullshit. So you punish everyone except the one actor who did the bad thing and you call that justice?

NewLib said:
No you're just trolling. Look you can say what you want about Calipari's recruiting practices and there even is an argument that he did/should have known about Rose.

The Marcus Camby thing is a bit bullshit. So you punish everyone except the one actor who did the bad thing and you call that justice?
How is it trolling to point out that Calipari's programs have a history of serious indiscretions? Or that he's a racist, pugnacious asshole?

BertramCooper said:
How is it trolling to point out that Calipari's programs have a history of serious indiscretions? Or that he's a racist, pugnacious asshole?

Naw, he's not racist but rather he's just a forum troll.

Mrbob

iaintevenmad about the beat down today. I saw it coming and when OSU shoots 14/15 from 3 point range you might as well just pack it in. Badgers will give some payback in the big 10 tourney.

Mrbob said:
iaintevenmad about the beat down today. I saw it coming and when OSU shoots 14/15 from 3 point range you might as well just pack it in. Badgers will give some payback in the big 10 tourney.
Just so you know, the Big Ten tourney isn't being held at the Kohl Center.

No one fears Wisconsin outside of Madison.

NewLib

Banned
BertramCooper said:

If Calipari wasnt at Memphis, nothing would have ever happened. If he was at Ohio State, North Carolina, Kansas, Georgetown. Nothing. No Final Four Vacated. But it was easy to make an example of Memphis. The UConn indiscretions look just as shady. What happened? Calhoun got slapped on the wrist. The Big Boys dont get punished unless the NCAA cant simply ignore it. Sometimes they make an example of big problems but its rare. They make an example out of USC so they dont have to do it with Ohio State and Auburn.

Im just saying. The Marcus Camby thing rubs me the wrong way because the same thing happened to my hometown university, Western Kentucky. Jim McDaniels signed with an agent early and that team lost their Final Four. Him signing with an agent didnt help the team in any way.

Derrick Rose was shady, but no shadier than what goes on at other major programs around the nation. It just got Memphis in trouble because its fucking Memphis.

scoobs

Seth C said:
We've been there before. Our fans recognize our history, and the fact that there is NEVER a regular season game that deserves that. Championship games are a different story. Feel free to rush the court then. Anything short of that is old hat.
Never? What about beating the crap out of your archrival (picked as a pre-season unanimous #1 in not only the ACC but the entire league) a year after you went to the NIT and lost, somehow miraculously winning the ACC going 14-1 and losing a single game... while going to into the NCAA as a potential 2 seed. Who knows? Maybe a 1 seed if they win the acc tourney. I see no reason they SHOULDNT be rushing that court. Its college ball not the nba where its "professional". Enjoy it, if you're team did that I'd bet you'd be joining the mob in the middle of the court.

NewLib said:
If Calipari wasnt at Memphis, nothing would have ever happened. If he was at Ohio State, North Carolina, Kansas, Georgetown. Nothing. No Final Four Vacated. But it was easy to make an example of Memphis. The UConn indiscretions look just as shady. What happened? Calhoun got slapped on the wrist. The Big Boys dont get punished unless the NCAA cant simply ignore it. Sometimes they make an example of big problems but its rare. They make an example out of USC so they dont have to do it with Ohio State and Auburn.
Funny you use Ohio State as an example.

After the Jim O'Brien debacle, we had our 1999 Final Four appearance vacated, a one-year postseason ban and three years probation.

So no, the big programs aren't immune from NCAA penalties, and Memphis wasn't singled out for being Memphis.

scoobs

college athletics in general is a sleazy business, alot more goes on than is caught by the ncaa or that the ncaa chooses to expose.

Seth C

scoobs said:
Never? What about beating the crap out of your archrival (picked as a pre-season unanimous #1 in not only the ACC but the entire league) a year after you went to the NIT and lost, somehow miraculously winning the ACC going 14-1 and losing a single game... while going to into the NCAA as a potential 2 seed. Who knows? Maybe a 1 seed if they win the acc tourney. I see no reason they SHOULDNT be rushing that court. Its college ball not the nba where its "professional". Enjoy it, if you're team did that I'd bet you'd be joining the mob in the middle of the court.

My team DID just go from the NIT to winning the conference and losing 2 games on the road all season, winning their conference tournament and becoming a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, all in the span of one season. No one rushed the court.

scoobs

Seth C said:
My team DID just go from the NIT to winning the conference and losing 2 games on the road all season, winning their conference tournament and becoming a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, all in the span of one season. No one rushed the court.
Right but you're the #1 team in the country beating the #13 team in the country. That would just be ridiculous. Im saying that its the culmination of all those things and plus.. theres no rivalry like unc duke

Talon

scoobs said:
college athletics in general is a sleazy business, alot more goes on than is caught by the ncaa or that the ncaa chooses to expose.
It's partially a function of high school sports being sleazy, but nobody decides to enforce the rules on it because it's not worth the effort.

I'm sure all of us know stories about schools in our areas renting out apartments for families or even buying homes and kids mysteriously transferring.

Bowser

tumblr_lhnmiwMh6s1qhd7iho1_500.jpg

Mrbob

BertramCooper said:
Just so you know, the Big Ten tourney isn't being held at the Kohl Center.

No one fears Wisconsin outside of Madison.

Ohio State isn't as good on a regular night as they were today, not worried. Always tough to win on senior night even against bad teams and Ohio State was on fire for the game.

Pollux

BertramCooper said:

I'll ignore the racist comment. But look at the facts with Kanter, for example, he was committed to UW, and the president of the NCAA was the president of UW during Kanter's decomittment and subsequent committment to UK. Once he's at UK....holly shit he can't play. if he had stayed at UW there is no doubt he would have been cleared. the ncaa is horseshit.

zmoney said:

I'll ignore the racist comment. But look at the facts with Kanter, for example, he was committed to UW, and the president of the NCAA was the president of UW during Kanter's decomittment and subsequent committment to UK. Once he's at UK....holly shit he can't play. if he had stayed at UW there is no doubt he would have been cleared. the ncaa is horseshit.
lol really?

the blue kool aid is strong with this junior

kanter had zero chance of being eligible from the jump...and the fact UK used the Cam Newton defense speaks volumes

Pollux

GodfatherX said:
lol really?

the blue kool aid is strong with this junior

kanter had zero chance of being eligible from the jump...and the fact UK used the Cam Newton defense speaks volumes

In any other instance I would agree with you, however I just think the Emmert is a corrupt bastard.

zmoney said:

In any other instance I would agree with you, however I just think the Emmert is a corrupt bastard.
its all good junior just friendly smack..and half a fifth of bourbon

howd a uk fan end up in boston though?

DarkWish

Well, the CAA final is tonight (VCU. vs. ODU). I'm a VCU student and I'm going to go to the game after class today, it's going to be awesome. I'm not too familiar with how all of this stuff works... whatever school wins the CAA goes on to the NCAA tournament, correct? I was never that big into basketball, but going and supporting my team is a lot of fun and I'm really starting to enjoy basketball games.

Pollux

GodfatherX said:
its all good junior just friendly smack..and half a fifth of bourbon

howd a uk fan end up in boston though?

Grew up in Florence, KY graduated high school and am now going to school at Boston U...and yes there was some bourbon while I was posting last night haha.

EDIT: Ah a UL fan....I hope we see y'all in the tourney it would be a helluva game. and thats all i'm going to say on that rivalry as these sort of things can escalate out of hand way too fast lol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
xcrunner529 said:
++ and to top it off, they switch to a commercial while the OSU game is still ongoing and then come back for a sec and then OH WAIT TV TIMEOUT...MORE COMMERCIALS!

pathetic. The NCAA games better not be like this. At least I always have espn3.com with ESPN

NCAA has March Madness on Demand so you can watch every game online. But with the games on TBS, CBS, Tru and TNT, you will see all games. I would assume the CBS College Sports will be the hub and switch from game to game.

eznark

Banned
BertramCooper said:
I'm tired and confused (and just a tad bit drunk), so my apologies if I'm being a bit incomprehensible.

In other news, #dealwithit is a trending topic on Twitter.

What's the story with that?

Also, holy fuck that was a whupping.

SyNapSe

Well, that's an energy killer. CAA conf. championship. They've been cleaning the floors forever. Guys were slipping and falling and apparently the fog machine during the intro's left some sort of glaze or film near the basket on one end.

DarkWish

SyNapSe said:
Well, that's an energy killer. CAA conf. championship. They've been cleaning the floors forever. Guys were slipping and falling and apparently the fog machine during the intro's left some sort of glaze or film near the basket on one end.
Yea, that was annoying. It's half-time now and VCU is down. Fans are losing energy in the stadium, but I'm still hoping we'll make a comeback somehow.

I hope lunardi's bracket isn't what it will look like. I don't want to have to play Xavier or st johns in the sweet 16. They're both very beatable but Xavier always plays lights out vs us, and we all know about st johns.

bucknuticus said:
I hope lunardi's bracket isn't what it will look like. I don't want to have to play Xavier or st johns in the sweet 16. They're both very beatable but Xavier always plays lights out vs us, and we all know about st johns.

I would worry more about Mizzou/Tenn in the 2nd round.

NewLib

Banned
bucknuticus said:
Neither team has really impressed from what I have watched from them this season.

Tennessee is a team that can upset someone. They play really good defense and if the shots start falling, then their low scoring strategy starts to pay off.

SyNapSe said:
I see Richmond VA on the court in the CAA champ game. Is that the spiders home court? it looks pretty nice!
Nah, it's the Richmond coliseum, I think the spiders play at their campus. VCU is also in richmond

SyNapSe said:
I see Richmond VA on the court in the CAA champ game. Is that the spiders home court? it looks pretty nice!

You guys have got to be feeling good this year with only one projected MO Valley School in the Tourney. :)

SyNapSe

Mizzou Gaming said:
You guys have got to be feeling good this year with only one projected MO Valley School in the Tourney. :)

I never have a good feeling.
Who normally plays at the Richmond Coliseum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom