• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemax

Banned
OSU up 2 on Stanford with 17.3 seconds to go. Oregon St shooting FTs. First game of the Pac 10 tournament is gonna be an upset!

Edit: Stanford making this close at the end.

Oregon misses the FT! Stanford shooting FTs down 2!

And Stanford misses both, that's probably game.

The March motto is always SURVIVE & ADVANCE

On a seperate note, I'm definately biased, but you simply don't find them any classier than Mike Anderson. Words of encouragement and a big hug for Pat Knight at the end of the game.

bluemax said:
So the final 5 seconds of the Oregon St Stanford game were pretty anticlimactic.

Is the PAC TEN really as bad as I'm hearing? I think the only PAC Ten team I've seen this season is Oregon when we beat them at their place. Its a shame Colorado isn't in the PAC Ten this year, because it sounds like they could have won it.

Lenz44

Banned
Just got back from the Northern Colorado vs Montana Big Sky Championship game. Really great game and our Bears are going dancing for the first time in school history (Became D1 in 2006 and eligible in 2007).
I had to wait 4 hours to get tickets as a student because it was first come first serve, but it was all worth it in the end! Go Bears!

bluemax said:
OSU up 2 on Stanford with 17.3 seconds to go. Oregon St shooting FTs. First game of the Pac 10 tournament is gonna be an upset!

Edit: Stanford making this close at the end.

Oregon misses the FT! Stanford shooting FTs down 2!

And Stanford misses both, that's probably game.

Oregon St. lost to a SWAC team this year. ouch

Lenz44 said:
Just got back from the Northern Colorado vs Montana Big Sky Championship game. Really great game and our Bears are going dancing for the first time in school history (Became D1 in 2006 and eligible in 2007).
I had to wait 4 hours to get tickets as a student because it was first come first serve, but it was all worth it in the end! Go Bears!

This is part of the reason why I don't want them to expand the NCAA tournament. Making the tournament is so big for schools like this, and it is unbelieveably tough to get there. Expanding the field would take a lot of this type of excitement away.

I love hearing fans like this, best of luck to you guys in the Tournament.

Sumidor

Damn, I feel bad for Rutgers. The last few sequences were total and utter bullshit. Can't wait to hear Mike Rice Sr. go off about it.

GodfatherX said:
yeah UCF quickly became the only mid major i dislike in the country
UCF hasn't played Louisville in anything recently. I'm not even sure the teams have ever played in any sport in history. Why the sudden animosity?

LOL

GoldenEye 007 said:
UCF hasn't played Louisville in anything recently. Why the sudden animosity?

LOL

Honestly, I think it's because people who hate Michael Jordan take it out on his son's team. I'm being serious.

vas_a_morir said:
Honestly, I think it's because people who hate Michael Jordan take it out on his son's team. I'm being serious.
Oh, I know why. He's still upset over the whole DaMarcus Smith QB situation.

And congrats on Marshall advancing.

GoldenEye 007 said:

Thanks, man. When I was a student there, college basketball was pretty grim, so it's a nice change.

I still think UTEP will win the C-USA tournament simply because they have home court. And unless UAB gets an at large bid, C-USA may get only 1 team in the tournament. Crazy year for them with the rise and fall of UCF among other things

perfectchaos007 said:
I still think UTEP will win the C-USA tournament simply because they have home court. And unless UAB gets an at large bid, C-USA may get only 1 team in the tournament. Crazy year for them with the rise and fall of UCF among other things
That's unfortunate too because I think the league should be getting in 2-3 minimum when you look at the numbers and not the names. I think UAB losing the tournament will be the best shot at getting multiple bids. Either way, the conference is looking good for future seasons for basketball, though. Pretty exciting.

GoldenEye 007 said:

couldnt be less about Smith, from the time that happened to now I stay behind my statements, I do not want the kid on our team, he is a coward albeit a misguided one

my UCF hate is more geared towards their non-existant but self righteous "swagger" from their fan base thinking they are the next Miami, that they automatically deserved a big east invite, to Jordans kids, to their O'Leary's fake resume to well everything in between.

GodfatherX said:
yeah UCF quickly became the only mid major i dislike in the country
supposedly Brandon Bender is more to blame than UCF...same thing happened to Pearson, who decommitted with the same asshole in the peripheral (he's re-committed to us since then)

GodfatherX said:
couldnt be less about Smith, from the time that happened to now I stay behind my statements, I do not want the kid on our team, he is a coward albeit a misguided one

my UCF hate is more geared towards their non-existant but self righteous "swagger" from their fan base thinking they are the next Miami, that they automatically deserved a big east invite, to Jordans kids, to their O'Leary's fake resume to well everything in between.
The coward label has no basis in logic. Logically, one would deduce the kid has a better shot and would be less behind competeing against a fellow incoming freshman for the starting job rather than against the now sophomore QB that just led the team to their best season in their short football history. Anything other than the fact that he signed with UCF and remains committed to UCF with intentions to enroll into UCF is nothing more than pure conjecture and baseless rumors being spread. I mean, UCF just had a 4 star BB player, probably one of the school's highest rated recruits ever for BB, decommit after switching AAU teams. You don't see the vitrol there like you see with Louisville fans. You understand, you move on, and keep trucking. No need for the personal attacks on the person.

As for the rest, I mean, the resume thing was a decade ago now and he more than got his punishment for it at the time. Did that incident even directly affect Louisville? I'm not seeing the connection. The other stuff you're listing is simply nonsensical. I... whatever floats your hate boat lol.

And yeah, sorry, but any true fanbase is going to bitch and moan over the idea their massive and athletics-sustainable school will get passed over for another that averages like 8k a football game playing in a shitty stadium that will be looking into long-term accommodation in a SOCCER stadium that will one day *hopefully* be expanded to a whopping 30k seats or hoping Temple doesn't renew their contract with the pro stadium there or a school that needs a six month study (after having years in the first place) to see if there is enough "interest" and money to move to FBS play.

hubes

Does anyone know the song espn keeps using coming back from commercial during the big east tourny? a google search brought me to about 5 people asking the same thing, but no one knows what it is.

The three officials whose errors marred the end of the St. John's-Rutgers Big East tournament game have voluntarily withdrawn from the rest of the tournament, the conference said.

The three officials -- Jim Burr, Tim Higgins and Earl Walton -- were criticized for failing to officiate until the final buzzer of the second-round game at Madison Square Garden.

jakncoke

Banned
fuck my life seriously ughhh

Also buck, i was saying what Pitt did during the season has a firm bid on a #1 regardless of this game.

Bowser

jakncoke said:
fuck my life seriously ughhh

Also buck, i was saying what Pitt did during the season has a firm bid on a #1 regardless of this game.

Wouldn't be so sure honestly. I think the only #1 locks are OSU and KU right now.

Amory

Just lost it when he hit that shot. Everyone in my office now knows I haven't been working for the past 2 hours.

Kemba is incredible.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Pitt got crushed on the defensive glass in the second half. UConn was getting two or three shots on almost every possession down the stretch. If Pitt cleans up the boards like they usually do, they probably win by 4 or 5 points. They were shooting the ball that well.

At times, I thought I was watching the 2008-09 Pitt team. If DeJuan Blair was in foul trouble, Pitt got crushed down low. Today, with Gary McGhee sitting on the bench for most of the second half, Pitt got crushed down low.

Dante Taylor is a fine offensive rebounder, but he gets pushed around too easily in the defensive zone. I don't know if he can be a good Big East center. With Nasir Robinson also being undersized at the PF position, you have to wonder how Pitt will fare next season in the rebounding department.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pitt end up with a #2 seed. They have a long history of getting screwed over by the selection committee. Aside from the last two seasons, they always end up a seed lower than they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom