• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2010-2011 Season OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

ErasureAcer said:
Fuck we're trailing at the half. N'Western keeps hoisting up 3's. Our 3 defense sucks.

It's like a broken record. Tubby's 3 defense will always suck. That's basically the point of his defense.

What the hell is ECU doing actually competing in CUSA basketball? They sweep UCF for the season 3-0 and now they just knocked off the conference's #1 tournament seed in UAB in the second round of the tournament today.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
IGotBillySoSpooked said:
I generally don't mind Doris Burke, but she is especially grating today for some reason.

She tries way too hard.

Hopefully Northwestern can take OSU to double OT tomorrow.

clav

Bi-winning!

GG Minnesota. You fans have had it very bad for both football and basketball this year, and that really sucks.

Now if Juice Thompson can break the Big Ten record again for most points scored in a single game, then Northwestern has a chance which the likelihood of that happening would be zero.

LegoDad

goldenticket said:
yeah k-state just cant beat them this year. sucks but oh well, hopefully they can have a nice run in the ncaa tournament

last time we had a 6 game winning streak after we loss to them.. let's do it again.

osmosis

Neo Member
Good lord this Iowa-MSU game is boring. Would expect to see a little more urgency from the Spartans considering their tourney status.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
I remember a few years ago in law school (where 100% of the students use laptops in class), about 90% of the computer screens in the classroom had an NCAA game on from CBSSports.com.

It was kind of funny. There were always a ton of people on facebook, Perez Hilton, and the like during classes on any particular day, but that first week of March Madness was always crazy. Everybody was watching hoops.

As a native Kansas Citian who didn't go to school at all, I'm rooting for all three of our local teams. Which makes it a bummer that the K-State couldn't pull it together, but what a great KU game. Ugly win, but a win. I'm actually hoping for a Jayhawk/Mizzou border war final on Saturday.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Well, so much for that 2 point spread in the Notre Dame v. Cincy game.

I knew I should have bet a shit ton on Notre Dame. Well, I'll take my $13 or whatever and be happy with it.

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
I remember a few years ago in law school (where 100% of the students use laptops in class), about 90% of the computer screens in the classroom had an NCAA game on from CBSSports.com.

It was kind of funny. There were always a ton of people on facebook, Perez Hilton, and the like during classes on any particular day, but that first week of March Madness was always crazy. Everybody was watching hoops.
when i was in high school, before laptops were popular/affordable i always carried a portable am radio, hidden in my shirt with the ear buds going up thru my sleeve

Amory

jakncoke said:
I'd rebel like a motherfucker.

i know one other uconn grad there. we're conspiring to sneak out. wedding's in NYC, too, so it's doubly painful since I'll be so close yet so far away

dagZ

Amory Blaine said:
i know one other uconn grad there. we're conspiring to sneak out. wedding's in NYC, too, so it's doubly painful since I'll be so close yet so far away

haha. it's inevitable that tomorrow they'll show highlights of "the 6 OT game" all day.

bluemax

Banned
Cornballer said:
Ugh, Cal got rolled by USC. Only a couple players showed up to play today - very disappointing. Oh well, maybe they'll get an NIT bid.

That game featured some terrible, terrible shooting. USC got hot towards the end of the first half and never looked back.

I'm enjoying ucla getting rolled by the Ducks right now.

Kevtones

bluemax said:
That game featured some terrible, terrible shooting. USC got hot towards the end of the first half and never looked back.

I'm enjoying ucla getting rolled by the Ducks right now.

Ditto. 4 games/4 days, we got this.

Does USC need to win the tourney to get a berth presumably? I know they've got that Texas win...

bluemax

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:
Ditto. 4 games/4 days, we got this.

Does USC need to win the tourney to get a berth presumably? I know they've got that Texas win...

I've read we need to win at least two games to make the NCAA tournament. I think having Arizona as our second opponent is pretty big. It makes it harder for us to advance but it boosts our rep if we win.

I think if we beat Zona and don't get blown out in the next game we have a decent case.

EJ Singler is the Tournament MVP right now, what the hell got into this kid?

Kevtones

bluemax said:
I've read we need to win at least two games to make the NCAA tournament. I think having Arizona as our second opponent is pretty big. It makes it harder for us to advance but it boosts our rep if we win.

I think if we beat Zona and don't get blown out in the next game we have a decent case.

EJ Singler is the Tournament MVP right now, what the hell got into this kid?

I think if Texas wins or performs well in the BXII tourney, you guys are in with a victory/competitive loss to Zona. You guys are seriously owed after the Mayo bullshit.

I love Altman though. Our roster is = 2010 WSU Football basically. If we have somehow win this thing, I pray we're a 16 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom