• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Please scratch out Mason Plumlee on your POTY ballots and write Ryan Kelly instead. Plumlee needs to go sulk in a corner and listen to linkin park. What a weak minded senior. Fuck you too Seth, couldn't even make one of those FTs.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan Kelly sure is a mediocre player who would ride the bench anywhere else.

ToxicAdam

Haha ... ESPN tongue bathing Duke now, no mention that they barely scratched by at home with an outlier of a performance of one of their players,

Don't sell the win short. Miami has been playing incredible this year, top 5, beat Duke by 27 at their place. Yes, Kelly carried Duke. But this is a good win, no matter where it's played.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Haha ... ESPN tongue bathing Duke now, no mention that they barely scratched by at home with an outlier of a performance of one of their players,

1. Not an outlier
2. We hit our FTs and we win by 8-10 easily. Or if they miss one of those desperation 3s.

Let's also not forget, Miami is #5...they're a damn good team.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
truly is maaaaaad lol. yall won. enjoy it.

I'm in Natural mode. Mason's play the last couple of big games has really disappointed me. When you tell people that you came back for your Senior year, to be "THE MAN" as he said, that means executing in big games like this, or UVA or UMD, not disappearing. Curry just had a bad game and there is always one or two he completely disappears, but he's not 100% and has done pretty well.

But yeah, I mad. Its sad that I will feel actual relief to get to the second weekend of the tourney, cause right now, I'm not very sure.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm in Natural mode. Mason's play the last couple of big games has really disappointed me. When you tell people that you came back for your Senior year, to be "THE MAN" as he said, that means executing in big games like this, or UVA or UMD, not disappearing. Curry just had a bad game and there is always one or two he completely disappears, but he's not 100% and has done pretty well.

But yeah, I mad. Its sad that I will feel actual relief to get to the second weekend of the tourney, cause right now, I'm not very sure.

I don't see how anyone who can shoot worth a shit can be mad.

There's seriously nothing more frustrating than a team that just can't shoot, trust me. It's like doing 99% of the game right, but not getting any credit because you can't hit what's open.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Eh, I dunno. Ryan Kelly is a big time player, but 36 points in his first game back? His previous season high was 22 against Wake Forest...I don't really think that's the sort of game Duke can depend on going forward.

But you can balance it by bad outlier performances by Curry and Sulaimon, neither of whom could throw it in the ocean tonight.

Fjordson

But you can balance it by bad outlier performances by Curry and Sulaimon, neither of whom could throw it in the ocean tonight.
Ah, very good point. Didn't think about that.

Also some flukey things at the end of the game, like Cook stepping on the sideline for that one turnover.

Fjordson

Yeah, Curry looked lost out there. Cook had some big shots in the last 10 minutes, though. He was looking sluggish at times trying to stay with Larkin, but I give him credit. As a non-Duke fan he can be somewhat annoying, but I can't say he ever takes a possession off. Always seems to play hard.

I hope Miami does some serious damage in the NCAAs this year. They've got a squad. They're experienced. They're older than some pro teams. Seriously, guys... wreak havoc.

Yeah, Curry looked lost out there. Cook had some big shots in the last 10 minutes, though. He was looking sluggish at times trying to stay with Larkin, but I give him credit. As a non-Duke fan he can be somewhat annoying, but I can't say he ever takes a possession off. Always seems to play hard.

The one thing Cook has to grow out of is dwelling on a play for longer than necessary. He can get too high, and he can hang his head too low. All it takes is one split second of not being focused and you get burned. I don't know how many times he has literally hung his head after making a mistake, and that mistake compiles.

I'm curious to see what seeds Duke and Miami get. Does the winner of the ACC tourney get the 1 seed?

Duke's got more quality non league wins - Minnesota, VCU, Louisville (sans Dieng) and tOSU.
Plus conference wins at home over NC St, UNC and now Miami (Fl).
And they can say they're undefeated with Kelly.

Miami's got the win over MSU and a loss to Arizona + Indiana St.
League wise they've got the better resume obviously since they're going to have the outright reg season crown.

It'll be interesting to see how the committee seeds these two teams. I think the ACC is a bit down this year, but both Duke and Miami have quality resumes. I certainly think either one should get a better seed than Gonzaga, though it looks like the Zags might get that 1 seed.

I'm curious to see what seeds Duke and Miami get. Do they both get 1s? Does the winner of the ACC tourney get the only 1 seed?

I think it is highly dependent of how other teams also finish their seasons. It's conceivable both could be 1s. It's also conceivable neither could be, assuming both fall short of the ACC tournament title.

My feeling is that if Duke wins out (2 more regular season games, plus the tournament), they will be a 1. Same is true for Miami. Except I think Miami could also be a 1 if they lose in either the ACC semifinal or final, depending upon other teams in other leagues, whereas Duke doesn't have that same wiggle room.

TheNatural

My Member!
So KSU wins at the end?

Is there any reason why anyone thinks Kansas and Kansas State are worth a shit, other than Kansas beating up on Kansas State, and Kansas State beating up on the rest of the shit teams in the Big 12?

Ha, Lunardi updated his projection after the Duke/Miami game. Has neither as a 1.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/77902/bracket-update-hoyas-replace-canes

As down as the WCC is this year (St. Mary's is the only other decent club), I dont think Gonzaga should be awarded a number one seed. They've got non league wins over Kansas St and Oklahoma St, loss to Illinois and a loss at Butler, when Butler didnt have their best player (Rotnei Clarke).
League wise the only wins Id consider quality are over St. Mary's.

I give them credit for playing a tough, worthy non league schedule.....and it's not their fault their conference is down this year..but I still wouldn't give them a 1 over any of the other contenders.

Looks like they'll end up getting one though. Id make Gonzaga a 2 out West.

Top Bottom