• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA Men's College Basketball 2012-2013 Season |OT|

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
ACC refs are just letting the home teams this year get away with whatever and the visiting games get called for the slightest stare, this goes for our home games too.

DominoKid

UVA is the worst in the conference for it because their crowd is fucking stupid. They vehemently boo everything anti-UVA even if its a good call. Stupid ass refs go for it and let it influence them.

Duke just gets Duke calls. You already know the brand of jobbing you're gonna get in HIS.
You can see the UVA crowd influencing the refs to just call some dumb shit for them.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I feel lucky to be down by 5, but given how the other top teams have played and how tough UVA has been at home, I don't see a win tonight. If it gets them motivated for Saturday then I'm honestly okay with that.

DominoKid

paging Plumlee #2. complete non-factor on both sides and now he's starting to pout.

(edit: wow #1 w/ a bullet on the wall of shame. truly youre #2 lol)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Mason is such a pussy sometimes, he has no fucks to give. In some ways, I'll be glad he's gone next year. This is like Cherokee Parks circa 95

TheNatural

My Member!
34-26 in the second half. Really?

This year has been brutal. Time to go back to the old three point line and cut the shot clock to 30 seconds.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
This team is about as shitty as last year, its like Austin Rivers never left. I think I'm honestly enjoying Duke football more.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just don't understand the lack of defense. Its been two years in a row. Even typically shitty Duke teams like 2007 played good defense. Not this one. Yikes. Oh well. I can deal with getting hosed on the road, but its the general lack of effort that astounds me.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
If we actually tried all game, we wouldn't need a miracle minute. this team.....

EDIT: congrats UVA, try not to blow your next game vs Wake or GT or whoever and you might be in the tourney.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
28 court rushes in our 34 past road losses. Most of any team.

DominoKid

even i'm starting to get tired of storming the court this season.
hope the elite teams next year are actually elite so all these high rank losses stop happening.

bluemax

Banned
At least your AD has enough sense of accountability to fire your coach mid season. That program has been stagnant for years, granted you had sanctions to deal with. Probably Lil Romeo's fault

OJ Mayo's fault. But dumping our coach has helped a ton.

Too bad our AD won't do the same for football!

TheNatural

My Member!
Well that's game. I guess that's what happens when you play in a shitty fucking conference all year, they're not coordinated enough to make a simple play or two to go ahead. But hey, hand them a 1 seed for it.

I've got nothing against Gonzaga, but they look extremely beatable. BYU is mediocre at best. If I was a 2/3 seed, I would love to be out in the West region with the Zags as the number one seed.

TheNatural

My Member!
I've got nothing against Gonzaga, but they look extremely beatable. BYU is mediocre at best. If I was a 2/3 seed, I would love to be out in the West region with the Zags as the number one seed.

Yeah I think they're going to go down too. BYU is crap, but they're the third best team in that league. People are sure putting a hell of a lot of stock into beating Kansas State and Oklahoma State out of conference, and St Mary's in conference. Not exactly murderer's row.

PS - All that at the end and Few still needed the bitch made foul up 3 bailout to keep it from getting tied. Really hate that shit.

Yeah I think they're going to go down too. BYU is crap, but they're the third best team in that league. People are sure putting a hell of a lot of stock into beating Kansas State and Oklahoma State out of conference, and St Mary's in conference. Not exactly murderer's row.

Yep, and Butler beat them without Rotnei Clarke, their best player. Gonzaga is going to be at a disadvantage playing so many lackluster teams the past 2 months. No way they are as battle tested for the tournament.

Their big guys are legit offensively, but their offense couldn't execute against BYU's zone really at all the last 10 minutes.

Gonzaga and Miami both look like candidates to go out early. At least Miami can play defense but they look vulnerable given the Clemson and Wake Forest performances. Plus no March Madness experience.

Fjordson

Zags hold on! Should be #1 now.

Man, Olynyk is such a dope post player. Physical as hell, but also has a great jumpsr. Hope he gets some national recognition as an all-American at least at the end of the year. I'd take him over a lot of the other overrated big men everyone talks about this season.

jakncoke

Banned
Honestly I would not be surprised if Indiana somehow still keeps the #1 seed. They shouldn't after being embarrassed by Minnesota but if they demolish Iowa that may be enough to keep them at the top spot.

If that happens, cubsfan will storm the fuck in here when the polls out chest pushed screaming told you fucking guys Gonzaga would never be #1

alstein

Yep, and Butler beat them without Rotnei Clarke, their best player. Gonzaga is going to be at a disadvantage playing so many lackluster teams the past 2 months. No way they are as battle tested for the tournament.

Their big guys are legit offensively, but their offense couldn't execute against BYU's zone really at all the last 10 minutes.

Gonzaga and Miami both look like candidates to go out early. At least Miami can play defense but they look vulnerable given the Clemson and Wake Forest performances. Plus no March Madness experience.

I'll be licking my chops if my team is an 8/9 seed against Gonzaga. May be first to 90 wins, but I know all the 1 seeds are very beatable, except for Kansas. Kansas scares me.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
its a bit amusing to hear K (who acted an absolute ass last night) whine and bitch about some unruly students. they looked pretty damn safe to me.

Aren't you a UNC fan? Roy bitched about the same thing last year and pulled his starters from a game early to protect them from the court rush (and of course got crucified for it since he left his walk-ons hanging, but that's another story...)

Security needs to be better to protect not only the opposing players and staff, but also the students themselves. What if things hadn't gone so smoothly for that kid in a wheelchair at NC State? One day some kid is going to get trampled, or a drunk fan is going to heckle a visiting player and start a brawl. It's only a matter of time now that court-rushing has become so common.

Top Bottom