• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

crispyben

ICallItFutile said:
I'm unsure from reading this thread: if I really enjoyed Burnout Paradise, should I be interested in this game?
I've never played any NFS title before, but I'm in because of BOP, take that as you will... Reposting for the new page:

So, did anybody figure out what the deal is with the various pre-order cars? EA stated that the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (Racers) and Ford Shelby GT500 (Racers) are only available in the Limited Edition and will not be available at any other time". We also know that for those who miss the opportunity to pick up the Limited Edition, the Audi TT RS Coupé (Racers), Chevrolet Camaro SS (Racers), Porsche Cayman S (Cops) and Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Cops) can be unlocked by leveling up in the game.

But what about the Racers versions of the Porsche Cayman S, Dodge Viper SRT10, Porsche Panamera Turbo and Nissan 370Z? These are pre-order bonuses for PS3 and Xbox 360 at GAME in France, but if they're just early unlocks like the 4 above from the LE, I'd rather pay 15€ less on Amazon.fr. And they seem to be Xbox 360 Dr. Pepper exclusives in the US, which doesn't help... Help, anyone? Maybe someone who's played the game already?

Maybe this link could help make sense of this, if it's not wrong...

AdamMPSP

NEOPARADIGM said:
What? Gamestop parties are a blast. Always a ton of hot chicks.

OH SNAP, I didn't know this was getting a midnight release at Gamestop! I gotta get there so I can get my f*cks on. Man, those Gamestop groupies always be so FOOOINE. You ain't gotta pre-order this package, ladies. Let me get up on your dual-screens. No trade-ins.

I LOVE Amazon. My NFS Hot Pursuit just got sent on its way to my PS3. The email alerting me of this also mentioned I'm getting the $20 credit AND a free copy of NFS Shift for pre-ordering back in August. :D

See you guys in Seacrest County!

UFRA

Phloxy said:
Just says shipping soon. Nothing more than that yet.

What shipping speed do you have?

My COD:BO copy didn't ship until late at night on the 8th. I had release-date-delivery and it arrived just fine on the 9th. I wouldn't worry about it...

dwebo

flake said:
Just got this from the NFS website:

"Below are the racing wheels and controllers that NFS World officially supports:

No Logitech Driving Force GT :(
Wait why are you looking at NFS World compatibility and assuming it'll be the same for Hot Pursuit (or did I miss something)? In any case, the DFGT was always billed as a PS3 wheel first and foremost, and NFS World is a PC game. By the same token, it's almost impossible for Hot Pursuit on PS3 to support wheels and not support the DFGT.

flake

dwebo said:
Wait why are you looking at NFS World compatibility and assuming it'll be the same for Hot Pursuit (or did I miss something)? In any case, the DFGT was always billed as a PS3 wheel first and foremost, and NFS World is a PC game. By the same token, it's almost impossible for Hot Pursuit on PS3 to support wheels and not support the DFGT.

haha, yer my bad...thought that post was relating to NFS Hot Pursuit

Pandemic

Any impressions yet?

I'll be picking this up in 2 days (when the game is released in Australia).

Hopefully they'll be kind to break the street date and release it tomorrow.

Westonian

striKeVillain! said:
Really want to pick this up but I'll just wait for next week. Guaranteed to be seriously discounted for BF.
$35 at Best Buy and several other retailers. I'm buying it tomorrow and will go back next Friday to get a price adjustment. Avoid risking it being sold out and having to stand in stupid lines in the freezing cold when I could be sleeping in.

Peterthumpa

So, any chances that the Autolog feature will be present in the PC version?
Maybe using Steam or Live friend lists?

One can only dream...

UFRA

Damnit, those of you who have the game already need to fill us in!!

You've had more than enough time to establish an opinion on whether the game is improved over the demo or not!! :p

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Guileless said:
Now I want Criterion to resurrect Tokyo Extreme Racer.
Criterion, EA and Namco should team up and do a Wangan Midnight game using the Hot Pursuit engine. I'd buy the hell out of that.

Got my shipping notice from Amazon, I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

Loving all the rave reviews, I know this is going to be one of my most-played games of the year.

felipepl said:
So, any chances that the Autolog feature will be present in the PC version?
Maybe using Steam or Live friend lists?

One can only dream...
off to get my PC copy. i'm sure it only Autologs with your EA friends or something like that though.

Pandemic

At first, I was thinking playing as a cop would be a lot more exciting, but now with recent gameplay, it looks like playing as a racer is much more enjoyable. :lol

dwebo

DigitalSoul said:
I plan on getting the PC version. Can you add in your own music from the game menu or is that just on the consoles?
... Even if there isn't, just turn audio menu sliders for music to 0, have music player open in background?

see5harp

For whatever reason Blockbuster had this out and I snagged it along with the online code. I'll hold onto this for a while. Doesn't really need to be stated by holy shit 30 Seconds To Mars is a HORRIBLE band.

dwebo

see5harp said:
For whatever reason Blockbuster had this out and I snagged it along with the online code. I'll hold onto this for a while. Doesn't really need to be stated by holy shit 30 Seconds To Mars is a HORRIBLE band.
Wait, what's the code for?

see5harp

dwebo said:
Wait, what's the code for?

EA Games. Not just sports games anymore. They'll give you a free 2 day trial for online, but after that you need the code that comes with new games to play online.

Put 2 hours into it.

+ Graphics and sound are solid.
+ Most cars handle really well.
+ Online stuff (facebook style wall) seems cool.
+ Races with cop cars chasing you are an absolute blast.

- Some of the cars handle like shit.
- The licensed music is awful.
- Cutscenes (there are a lot, explaining shit) are unskippable.
- Time trials are boring.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
At Gamestop picking it up. Freaking 60 people here! Forgot all about Ass. Creed coming out tonight too. But the manager says 40 are here for NFS.

i-Lo

This and GT5... rapin' mah wallet.

Anyways, was hoping to see the reviews from GS and Giant Bomb. Guess it'll be tomorrow.

dwebo

see5harp said:
EA Games. Not just sports games anymore. They'll give you a free 2 day trial for online, but after that you need the code that comes with new games to play online.
Hmm, for some reason I thought that was only for sports games. :-/

Good thing I was only renting this for the single player. Take that, EA!

see5harp

One thing I will say from about an hour in...the framerate seems good for a great looking game, but in compared to Burnout Paradise, it's a little sluggish. A lot of the cars feel like they are in slow motion when you've got A.I. racing past you on the corners. When you are racing solo in a super car it does feel pretty damn fast though.

EDIT: the licensed soundtrack isn't all horrible...I've heard Does It Offend You Yeah, M.I.A., Deadmau5, Lemonade, and a few other decent bands. I just don't like the mainstream rock hits.

DiscoJer

mikekennyb said:
Yeah, wow, thought you were exaggerating, but that's not a very good review...

Wow, did he just read the back of the box or something? Reads like a review of that.

You actually see that a lot on Amazon, people want to pad their review count so they just review books based on the blurbs. Maybe that's where they got this reviewer from...

see5harp

The booklet is a piece of shit. This is apparently a "limited edition" and the freaking map is printed on the back of the cover art (for reals lol). The booklet is black and white and I think it's printed on paper that is probably a micrometer thicker than a fucking bible.

any pc gamers need to add me 'plagiarise' with an S not a Z because apparently i already registered that once with an e-mail address I can't get remotely near.

UFRA

see5harp said:
The booklet is a piece of shit. This is apparently a "limited edition" and the freaking map is printed on the back of the cover art (for reals lol). The booklet is black and white and I think it's printed on paper that is probably a micrometer thicker than a fucking bible.

That's one thing I notice with EA or Activision games. The game manuals are always like 5 pages long and useless.

It's interesting how the smaller developers always put in more love as far as the manuals go.

UFRA said:
That's one thing I notice with EA or Activision games. The game manuals are always like 5 pages long and useless.

It's interesting how the smaller developers always put in more love as far as the manuals go.
who needs a manual? just read the 1Up.com review.

lolz.

AdamMPSP

It's funny, because in the comments of the review, people are complaining about the lack of information, and the reviewer actually comes back and comments about how he didn't include things that would be in the manual. Really, reviewer dude? 0_o

MiniDitka

Just put a little time into the Wii version and my initial impression is its re skinned nitro with crappy controls. I'll post some vid in a bit.

Edit: Think I'm done with this pile of crap!

Edit 2: This is quite possibly the worst car racing game I've played.

see5harp

UFRA said:

Activision is probably worse. That MW2 booklet was thinner than a elementary school book report.

Just played a good two hours of both career and online. The car crashes are fucking epic as hell and it gets pretty fast. Some career levels are a bore where your just racing to the scene of a captured car, but besides that mission structure it was pretty fantastic. Online is amazingly fun, 4v4 cop vs speeders is really action packed with shit going on all the time, and some maps are LONG and make me wonder how the hell I can live through the whole thing. Graphics are really good, framerate never dipped one no matter the carnage, and the sun setting into the night is really kickass. Good buy :). Add me guys! Xbox Live - pC InfectedZero

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
To anyone who already has the PC version....can you PLEASE verify whether or not it supports any steering wheels, and if so, does it deliver any FFB or rumble effects.

Please I need to know.

Top Bottom