• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit |OT| Do you have the Need for Speed?

123rl

lol! It's pathetic how the Wii is still getting shovelware ports in 2010. I'm getting the 360 version this week anyway. Anyone know what I need to do in the UK to get the preorder cars? Play.com have the Dodge SRT10 and the Porsche Cayman but I thought there was four preorder cars altogether?

crispyben

123rl said:
lol! It's pathetic how the Wii is still getting shovelware ports in 2010. I'm getting the 360 version this week anyway. Anyone know what I need to do in the UK to get the preorder cars? Play.com have the Dodge SRT10 and the Porsche Cayman but I thought there was four preorder cars altogether?
Here's what I posted yesterday...

So, did anybody figure out what the deal is with the various pre-order cars? EA stated that the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (Racers) and Ford Shelby GT500 (Racers) are only available in the Limited Edition and will not be available at any other time". We also know that for those who miss the opportunity to pick up the Limited Edition, the Audi TT RS Coupé (Racers), Chevrolet Camaro SS (Racers), Porsche Cayman S (Cops) and Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Cops) can be unlocked by leveling up in the game.

But what about the Racers versions of the Porsche Cayman S, Dodge Viper SRT10, Porsche Panamera Turbo and Nissan 370Z? These are pre-order bonuses for PS3 and Xbox 360 at GAME in France, but if they're just early unlocks like the 4 above from the LE, I'd rather pay 15€ less on Amazon.fr. And they seem to be Xbox 360 Dr. Pepper exclusives in the US, which doesn't help... Help, anyone? Maybe someone who's played the game already?

Maybe this link could help make sense of this, if it's not wrong...

UFRA

Wow, the Wii version gives me a feeling of nostalgia...I feel like playing San Francisco Rush or Rush 2 on N64 right now. :lol

UFRA

Yes. Locally my GameStop had a midnight launch.

People in my city are playing the game as I speak. Meanwhile, I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Gacha-pin

yey:D
24g60oz.jpg

Received my copy (PS3) today. Could free up 30 minutes to play the game. I played 2 cops and 2 drivers stages. Earned the distinction awards in all stages.

Here my short recap:
+ racing feels better then in the demo, lag is reduced
+ presentation is great
+ i am looking forward to play more
+ take screenshots anywhere and anytime (R3 button)
+ autolog suggests friends (will be added trough psn)
+ already played with a lambo cop car (my 2nd scenario)
+ you are unlocking new cars quite fast

- restarting an event is not seamless (short loading time)
- short "cinematic" introductions to the races can't be fully skipped

as side note:
+ rewards you with bounty (in game credits) for playing the demo
+ rewards you with bounty (in game credits) for need for speed shift
+ i already gathered around 10 trophies... in 30 minutes playtime

peacemountain said:
Received my copy (PS3) today. Could free up 30 minutes to play the game. I played 2 cops and 2 drivers stages. Earned the distinction awards in all stages.

Here my short recap:
+ racing feels better then in the demo, lag is reduced
+ presentation is great
+ i am looking forward to play more
+ autolog suggests friends (will be added trough psn)
+ already played with a lambo cop car (my 2nd scenario)
+ you are unlocking new cars quite fast

- restarting an event is not seamless (short loading time)
- short "cinematic" introductions to the races can't be fully skipped

as side note:
+ rewards you with bounty (in game credits) for playing the demo
+ rewards you with bounty (in game credits) for need for speed shift
+ i already gathered around 10 trophies... in 30 minutes playtime

Were you just playing the storyline/single player? I am not even sure if there is a story line.

How apt is the IGN review to the game so far?

sweetvar26 said:
Were you just playing the storyline/single player? I am not even sure if there is a story line.
How apt is the IGN review to the game so far?

I just played the "career", took some screenshots and posted them on the wall. What i have seen there is no real story line. You progress trough multiple events, rank up and get new cars. The level up sound remindes me of NfS Shift. But i just played 2 racer and 2 cop events. Haven't seen the IGN review. So no feedback about that.

peacemountain said:
I just played the "career", took some screenshots and posted them on the wall. What i have seen there is no real story line. You progress trough multiple events, rank up and get new cars. The level up sound remindes me of NfS Shift. But i just played 2 racer and 2 cop events. Haven't seen the IGN review. So no feedback about that.

Ok, thanks for the impressions anyway.

Gacha-pin

peacemountain said:

It's a good feature since scenery in the game is beautiful like the classic NFS but I'm a bit disappointed you can't export your photo to XMB. I think you can do that in BOP.

And online server hasn't been up yet... :(

glaurung

What's the bonus for having a NFS Shift stuff on your HDD?

I might also replay some Pro Street and Underground on my PS3. God Underground is still so broken and horrible.

Omiee

Anybody want gameplay from the pc version..? i can record some and upload it.

but i have a question though, how can i set AA in the game..?

Omiee said:
Anybody want gameplay from the pc version..? i can record some and upload it.

but i have a question though, how can i set AA in the game..?

I just got the PC game but If the game has no AA options I might not open it. REally need to know if it has been optimized for pc.

Omiee

Kabuki Waq said:
I just got the PC game but If the game has no AA options I might not open it. REally need to know if it has been optimized for pc.

no options for AA that i can see

Slaylock

For those who have played both, is the retail game more interesting than the demo? I didn't particularly enjoy the handling of the demo and the gameplay didn't seem very exciting, but the solid reviews (as well as the $20 Amazon credit) convinced me to buy the game.

What they did wrong was having Exient try to make it a Nitro 2, but Nitro was by EA Montreal.

In the first vid when the car keeps going pink, I keep imagining Danny Phantom saying "I'm going Jigglypuff!". :lol

Omiee

Nabs said:
Yikes. Try forcing it through your drivers?

I'd like to see it.

and it looks like it won't be on Steam. -1 sale.

i tried forcing it through nvidia control panel but its not looking real good.
the graphic options on the pc version are realy limited to resolution and high or low textures.
and if you want motion blur

Omiee said:
i tried forcing it through nvidia control panel but its not looking real good.
the graphic options on the pc version are realy limited to resolution and high or low textures.
and if you want motion blur

wtf is this how BO paradise rolled out on pc?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I'd like to see more of the Wii version especially other environments. I'm not too wild about the graphics so far, but I could look past them if the game is fun. The sound is atrocious though. Did they use the same sound effect for everything the car hits? I'm not interested in the Criterion version either, but is it too much to ask for a game similar to NFS:HP2? How can they screw it up this bad over and over again.

Top Bottom