• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Sethos

Banned
But can I still crash mode (even though that was kinda crap in comparison to Takedown) bounce down roads?

I mean Paradise's races were fine and all but if that's the only claim to fame with none of the Burnout standouts like Road Rage and crash mode, well... it isn't really a Burnout to me, IMO.

No because it isn't Burnout but it's a close match built on the exact same great foundation.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No because it isn't Burnout but it's a close match built on the exact same great foundation.

So there's no Road Rage? :( Guess that's easy sell for me to pass then, since Road Rage was a ton of fun for me. Doing races over and over and over and having to herd cats for challenges in Paradise's online mode, not so much.

iNvid02

Please don't, then we get some contrived bullshit then people want to reply to, effectively turning the thread into another DD war.

Let's just talk Most Wanted.

fine my bad

but if you think have some solid reasons steve we can take this to the origin thread

Great OP! Forza Horizon and this...

jeremiahjohnson.gif

Johnas

This is the closest we'll ever get to a BOP sequel, which is why I picked this title, with approval from some other GAFers in one of the NFSMW threads :)

Wow, I have paid no attention to this game, but watching one of the vids you linked makes it look very much like Paradise City. Fond memories of that OT, you and Mar_ were helpful dudes.

Burnout Paradise is amazing, I think I'll buy this.

place i ordered from has the speed and strike pack preorder bs, sl65 amg and caterham superlight will be mine!

not to turn this thread into an origin debate but name some seriously
I'm not going to derail this thread in it's first page. I've put my qualms with origin into text many times across many threads, and if you're genuinely curious about what they are it's probably not that hard to Google them and find it.

On topic. Disappointing about the stunts. Licensed cars are probably the thing I care about least in a driving game so that's not a good trade for me.

crispyben

Eh, close enough for enough. Plus it's got this going on:

a01k8z.gif
I stole this for the OP, did you create it? I know I saw it in one of the previous threads.

But can I still crash mode (even though that was kinda crap in comparison to Takedown) bounce down roads?

I mean Paradise's races were fine and all but if that's the only claim to fame with none of the Burnout standouts like Road Rage and crash mode, well... it isn't really a Burnout to me, IMO.
No, and it is a Need for Speed game, which was informed by the lessons learned with BOP. Criterion said they'd definitely go back to Burnout, that's when you'll get your Crash Mode and Road Rage. In the meantime, you can still enjoy this. Or not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If the game gets a demo on PSP2/PS3, I'll try it. Because I enjoyed Paradise a lot despite a lot of the hardcore Burnout fans being down on it (of course, I'm the reverse and think it's better than anything after Takedown, including Revenge that I think was a low point for the series), but Hot Pursuit had kinda floaty handling and didn't really feel like a Burnout to me. So I'm not really hyped for this based on last outing, even if it has some of the stuff that Paradise did.

Not hating, just saying.

Cramoss

This isn't a burnout game. It's a NFS title.

antitrop

Dude. I love Steam as much as the next guy but Origin itself is fine. I've had no problems with it.
It's just another annoyance, it's not really that bad. I don't like having my gaming library split up between a million games on Steam and then like 3 decent EA games on Origin.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's okay guys. I get pissed every time a game isn't up on GOG and feel the need to post about it in every thread about that game.

It's just another annoyance, it's not really that bad. I don't like having my gaming library split up between a million games on Steam and then like 3 decent EA games on Origin.

But you can create Steam entries for Origin games anyways. You can launch through Steam and everything. I do it with FIFA 13 all the time.

Raven77

In the multiplayer, is there a mode where I can drive around like a bish-nugget with others online and just hit ramps and be silly gooses???

Lord knows...I hope so.

If the game gets a demo on PSP2/PS3, I'll try it. Because I enjoyed Paradise a lot despite a lot of the hardcore Burnout fans being down on it (of course, I'm the reverse and think it's better than anything after Takedown, including Revenge that I think was a low point for the series), but Hot Pursuit had kinda floaty handling and didn't really feel like a Burnout to me. So I'm not really hyped for this based on last outing, even if it has some of the stuff that Paradise did.

Not hating, just saying.

I'm a hardcore Burnout fan and I loved every single thing about Burnout Paradise. Might be my favorite game this gen.

OmegaZero

Love the gifs.

In the multiplayer, is there a mode where I can drive around like a bish-nugget with others online and just hit ramps and be silly gooses???

Lord knows...I hope so.

Supposedly, you can do exactly that until you guys want to do a mission or race. Then you either use Easy Drive or drive to the Meet Up location.

crispyben

Lord knows...I hope so.
I believe FreeDrive, Criterion's brand of free-roam, is in. There are challenges related to it anyway. They've learned a lot from studying BOP's telemetry, so they must have seen how long people spent goofing around without any challenge or race active.

1 week, ive been pumped for this game since early summer!!

any of you that plan on playing the shit out of this game feel free to add me, im on Xbox, not sure how many people on my friends list will actually get this. NFSMW and Black Ops will be my 2 most played games for the next few months

CHROMExSKULL

1 week, ive been pumped for this game since early summer!!

any of you that plan on playing the shit out of this game feel free to add me, im on Xbox, not sure how many people on my friends list will actually get this. NFSMW and Black Ops will be my 2 most played games for the next few months

CHROMExSKULL

Submit a form, please.

Sweet OT, can't wait.

Where's the cheapest place to get this digitally on PC?
Green Man Gaming with their 20% off voucher should be £32.

apesh1t

Banned
Anyone remember the cut scens from the first Most wanted? Man those were the best. I have this one pre ordered, gonna be tite.

red731

And I wanted to save some money....
AC3 will have to wait even tho series were day one forever.

I will preorder tomorrow for ps3. Ace OT, btw.

Foshy

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Where the grass is greener and the girls are prettier

Awesome OP, though! Can't wait. Are the trophies shared between Vita and PS3? I'm definitely getting the Vita version, I might double dip though.

Nah, man, I saw it in the BritGAF thread. No idea who made it. Sorry!
Some of my best times in Paradise were drunken co-op sessions with random brits, doing challenges and fucking around.

That kind of multiplayer is what I look for in this, and why I may pick it up for the 360.

Horizon will be more about Rivals mode times against my friends list.

Carl

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Where the grass is greener and the girls are prettier

Awesome OP, though! Can't wait. Are the trophies shared between Vita and PS3? I'm definitely getting the Vita version, I might double dip though.

Nothing is shared between Vita and PS3 except for Speed Points

Because EA

iNvid02

i really hope i can choose a new autolog profile picture..

lost my save file for hot pursuit on pc so just downloaded a complete one from the web, this guy had his angry face as his picture and its been stuck on my account ever since lol

kuroshiki

Because Origin is a spyware.

True story. Google it.

I stop buying EA games because of that.

So what kind of info is worth spying from you? I'm just curious. I would flip over and sue EA if they are looking for my email password or keylogging my computer, but if they want to see what kind of game I play, I don't really give a damn.

Top Bottom