• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

red731

Not tomorrow.... preordered just now
KuGsj.gif

Okay. I can't wait.

jayb

can anyone dig up a full list of every FreeDrive Challenge? just curious to how they compare to BP. the one example in the ea faq mentions "All Players jump off the Factory Roof at the same time", so it sounds promising. I just want to see a full list, if that's even possible to get before the game releases.

dreamfall

This time of the year is so crazy!

Great OT, pre-ordered this on Origin long ago! I hope it's absolutely FANTASTIC/ Paradise with Licensed cars... Criterion has never let me down!

Coen

This would've been the perfect game to keep my WiiU occupied around launch, but alas it's been pretty silent on that front. I'll get if for Vita now, just to hold me over.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Large open city, plenty of things to find and collect/take off the list, and reasons to just drive around and explore? I love it. Hopefully the online multiplayer lasts just as long for people playing.

So glad to have more options for open world racers since I really can't get into closed track racers for more than a couple of weeks, but I'm still playing Burnout Paradise after all this time.

dkeane

Nothing is shared between Vita and PS3 except for Speed Points

Because EA
Pretty sure the trophies aren't shared because they're slightly different.
The vita version only has 4 person online multiplayer so it changes the achievements.

btkadams

Large open city, plenty of things to find and collect/take off the list, and reasons to just drive around and explore? I love it. Hopefully the online multiplayer lasts just as long for people playing.

So glad to have more options for open world racers since I really can't get into closed track racers for more than a couple of weeks, but I'm still playing Burnout Paradise after all this time.

it's interesting how people differ on this. i enjoy the idea of open world racing games, but for some reason i love closed-track racers so much more. i got tired of burnout paradise (despite it being a great game), but i still go back and play wipeout hd and nfs hot pursuit.

cannot wait for this game! i've had the ps3 version preordered for forever. i'm still undecided on whether or not i will download or buy the retail version for vita.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
PC recommended specs are a quad core CPU and GTX560/6950 GPU. Is it likely to be demanding or will it work ok on a GTX660m (laptop)? I wish they had a demo for PC.

And if I buy the DVD from GMG (cheaper than download oddly), will it need the DVD to play, or is it just like a steam works game and it'll register with origin?

I'm still holding out some hope that we get a Digital Foundry analysis before the release date, because I'm concerned about the console performance, and I don't want to have to choose blindly. :/

PC recommended specs are a quad core CPU and GTX560/6950 GPU. Is it likely to be demanding or will it work ok on a GTX660m (laptop)? I wish they had a demo for PC.

And if I buy the DVD from GMG (cheaper than download oddly), will it need the DVD to play, or is it just like a steam works game and it'll register with origin?

If it's like Mass Effect 3 then you'll just download it off the disc and register it with Origin, I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There will surely be one awful song on here.

BP had Girlfriend
Hot Pursuit had that one 30 Seconds To Mars song
I'm betting some Bruno Mars for this

Syriel

Any difference between getting 360 or PS3 version?

Played this at a two day preview event.

Day 1 I played on PS3.
Day 2 I played on 360.

Honestly, aside from button icons on the screen, I couldn't tell the difference.

Both looked and played the same to my eyes.

zugzug

Guys will I like this game if I actually liked the original Need for Speed Underground, NFS:U2, and the original Need for Speed: Most wanted?

I never played Burnout Paradise ever.

Top Bottom