• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Most Wanted |OT| Return to Paradise

Syriel

How about jaggies?

It's console.

There were some jaggies, though mostly noticeable when still.

That said, the jaggies level was equal. Both were debug code, but should have been near final. Haven't gotten retail copies yet, though I'm not expecting anything different in this regard.

Basically, if you look for them, they're there, but otherwise it was kind of a non-issue. Graphics fanatics will nitpick. Racing fans won't care. For running on 7 year-old hardware, it's good.

Didn't play the PC version, but am assuming PC graphics will be of master race quality with appropriately monster GPU installed.

Sethos

Banned

Bit unrelated but it's funny these arcade racers always have some great sounds and the big, bulky 'simulators' tend to sound so ... shit.

But man it looks good and I just noticed through the Origin pre-order you get the Power Pack, that contains one of my recent contenders for my favourite vehicle list; The F-150 SVT Raptor.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great, but I still have to play NFS Undercover, Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise from the Origin "giveaway" 2 weeks ago. I'll probably get this somewhere down the line.

It's console.

There were some jaggies, though mostly noticeable when still.

That said, the jaggies level was equal. Both were debug code, but should have been near final. Haven't gotten retail copies yet, though I'm not expecting anything different in this regard.

Basically, if you look for them, they're there, but otherwise it was kind of a non-issue. Graphics fanatics will nitpick. Racing fans won't care. For running on 7 year-old hardware, it's good.

Didn't play the PC version, but am assuming PC graphics will be of master race quality with appropriately monster GPU installed.
Thanx. Forza horizon is console too. But i looks very clean compared to other console racers.

demolitio

Damn you guys. Now I want the game and I'm trying to figure out how to pull it off. Huge BP fan so I knew I'd bite eventually, but now I have to have it. Time to see what I can CL besides some organs.

The jump .gif on this page is what did it to me sadly.

jayb

Seriously looking into spending the paltry PSN funds on this.

me too. perfect game to have on the HDD. it just sucks NA doesn't have pre-loading/midnight releases on PSN. Also, buying digital on day 1 with no demo is a little bit risky to me since I can't sell it if I don't like it. I'll still probably do it though. this looks really good.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Been sold on this since I went to Eurogamer and seen the developer interview thingy live there.

Got the game pre-ordered on PC and I have added my details to the community section, feel free to add me on Origin anyone who is buying the game on PC.

I've seen some more footage now and I notice that the streets are a bit empty, which is quite sad because I like car evading.
I hope the pc version have more options for this, but I'm not expecting it.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't want this on Origin either that's why I'm getting the Vita version.

Ok in reality Origin had nothing to do with it since I wasn't initially going to buy this at all. But the Vita version looks great and that kind of effort deserves to be rewarded.

iNvid02

I don't want this on Origin either that's why I'm getting the Vita version.

Ok in reality Origin had nothing to do with it since I wasn't initially going to buy this at all. But the Vita version looks great and that kind of effort deserves to be rewarded.

you best be getting ac3:l on vita as well derrick

Yiorgos

Been sold on this since I went to Eurogamer and seen the developer interview thingy live there.

Got the game pre-ordered on PC and I have added my details to the community section, feel free to add me on Origin anyone who is buying the game on PC.

hey man can you point me to the thread to add my origin username and add some friends? cant seem to find it. thanks

SykoTech

a01k8z.gif

credit to whoever created this GIF.

Solidsnakex I believe.

Nice |OT|. A few complaints aside, I had a god amount of fun with Paradise. If this is as much like Paradise as that gameplay wakthrugh made it seem, then I'll have to check it out sometime.

Great thread! If any developer deserves our hard earned cash it's Criterion!
Can't wait for Tuesday.

For those who tried the game on console are they identical?
Hot Pursuit look exactly the same on 360 and PS3.

The Jason

watched an interview in which they said it should be identical.

Also I noticed on the OP car list there is no Mclaren F1 yet. Im guessing/hoping it will be in

I'm waiting for a decent pre-order deal for the PC version to push me over the edge, but I haven't found any yet. The GMG code doesn't apply to NFS:HP.

Gav47

Do we know how large the digital versions will be?

System requirements list 20GB but that seems crazy, I know the PC version is getting higher res textures but they won't take up an extra 12GB. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say around 10GB.

Picking this up for the Vita this Christmas, and will probably snag it on PC when it can be found in the $20 range. It looks pretty awesome so far, and should be a relatively fresh breath of air compared to the other racing games we've seen recently.

I've been paying close attention to impressions, and so far this is all I've found.

This Eurogamer preview mentions the 360 version having framerate issues. Unfortunately he doesn't mention the PS3 version, but I would assume that's because he observed none of those problems with it?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rion-game-but-is-it-need-for-speed-or-burnout

Boundaries are being reached technically, too. On Xbox 360 you can't help but notice when the expert visuals and the intensity of the action ask too much of the system, resulting in wobbles in the otherwise-solid 30 frames-per-second display. Hardly game-breaking on the basis of preview play to date, but very unusual for a Criterion game at this late stage.

Then we have this YouTube preview where the commentator directly states the PS3 version looked better than the 360 version, with sharper textures and colors.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=_WzW-yA_DM4&desktop_uri=/watch?v=_WzW-yA_DM4

alazz

Those videos have got me even more excited. Actually, I've never liked NFS games until I played Hot Pursuit, which is phenomenal.

Um, but, how close is the handling to Hot Pursuit: a good mix of arcade with a bit of sim? HP feels so nice, a near-perfect balance. I'd prefer it be closer to HP than Burnout Paradise, but either way I'm sure it's going to be great.

System requirements list 20GB but that seems crazy, I know the PC version is getting higher res textures but they won't take up an extra 12GB. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say around 10GB.

Yeah that seems pretty crazy. If that's the case I probably won't get a digital version.

Mush

I haven't paid any attention to this game at all but considering Paradise is one of my favourite games, if not my favourite game of this entire gen this seems like an instant purchase.

Stackboy

Does 51 events sound a little slim to anyone else? Or am I nitpicking.

Is there a soundtrack list anywhere?

So hyped to drive fast cars fast, burnout style.

Top Bottom