• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Thats your opinion. And your opinion about ANYTHING Nintendo is VERY well known..........

Cant wait to get my hands on it next friday! Im really getting a huge Burnout vibe from this and thats a good thing!

I understand the troll but I agree after the cool trailers this game had on other platforms they make Wii U look stupid in this

If they wanted to do the Father and Son thing they could have done it so much better

farnham

Banned
I understand the troll but I agree after the cool trailers this game had on other platforms they make Wii U look stupid in this

If they wanted to do the Father and Son thing they could have done it so much better

you can always make better trailers but the message they wanted to get across is that this version is suited for "father and son (thats what they are calling the game internally)".

you can always make better trailers but the message they wanted to get across is that this version is suited for "father and son (thats what they are calling the game internally)".

they are calling the co-driver feature father and son internally yes still bugs me that the only trailer for the Wii U is only this but I understand the Core Gamer already owns this game the only market left is "Family Friendly" Nintendo

https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-most-wanted-on-wii-u

Since January 2013 Need for Speed: Most Wanted has been available to play and enjoy on the Wii U platform

LoL OK. (Edit: the fact that the page was updated on 2/27/2013 doesn't help either)

Anyways, some clean/direct shots of gamepad interface (click for larger size)

Interesting they're "promoting" Off-TV play as "Spectator Mode".

Share the action with your Friends
In Spectator mode you can remove the HUD from your TV display and keep it active on your Wii U Game Pad. This will also allow your friends to watch the gameplay on the TV screen without any HUD overlay that would normally be present. If you find that your TV is in use, but you would still like to play the game, you can continue experiencing the racing action by playing the game directly through the Wii U Game Pad.

farnham

Banned
they are calling the co-driver feature father and son internally yes still bugs me that the only trailer for the Wii U is only this but I understand the Core Gamer already owns this game the only market left is "Family Friendly" Nintendo

well they are kinda right. also hardcore gamers can have fathers or kids right?

I'm going to have a tough time with this feature on the gamepad because my glasses cannot see anything close taking it off I cant see the TV lol

off tv well help though

Hoo-doo

Banned
Why would one pay for another platform just to get the game cheaper?

I can't really imagine anyone owning just a Wii-U in this day and age, that's why.
Especially when those people are seemingly interested in third-party racers to the extent to pay double the price for admission.

Sure there are "hardcore gamers" out there that live in a Nintendo-only bubble but I believe those are a tiny minority.

I can't really imagine anyone owning just a Wii-U in this day and age, that's why.
Especially when those people are seemingly interested in third-party racers to the extent to pay double the price for admission.

Sure there are "hardcore gamers" out there that live in a Nintendo-only bubble but I believe those are a tiny minority.

outside of places like this, multiple console ownership is likely pretty rare and if anyone does have the kind of money to own multiple consoles then surely overpaying for a definitive version is also affordable

this is a very limited perspective about this hobby

seriously we need to stay on topic fucking tired of price complaints just to troll Wii U threads

Was the build being previewed by press (a month ago) the final one?

The reason I'm asking is because none of the gamepad UI shots I posted above seem to be in-line with what we've been seeing in previews.

untitled27cblo.png
untitled38bz4l.png

Edit: On second look, the link I posted earlier (source of right map) also mentions:
  • Switch the difficulty between Easy, Normal and Hard Cops
  • Choose between 3 different levels of traffic density: none, light, and normal.

They've only talked about Enabling/Disabling Cops and Traffic right? Not incremental difficulty/density settings.

kizmah

Just bought the game. Will try later. I own a PS3 as well but I kinda felt sorry for my Wii U. And I wanted the best looking version (going by the previews).

PetrCobra

I'm a Nintendo + PC guy. Surely nobody's going to argue that PS360 versions are somehow better than the PC one, right? Also, games tend to be much cheaper on PC than the consoles. With that in mind, and considering the flaws of the Wii U version, I still kinda prefer what that version looks like, with the off-TV play and the co-driver mode.

d1rtn4p

I'm a Nintendo + PC guy. Surely nobody's going to argue that PS360 versions are somehow better than the PC one, right? Also, games tend to be much cheaper on PC than the consoles. With that in mind, and considering the flaws of the Wii U version, I still kinda prefer what that version looks like, with the off-TV play and the co-driver mode.

Ditto

JoeM86

To what flaws do you refer? Other than 6 player online instead of 8, everything seems identical except the graphics which are better than the PS360 ones

Kyzon

Good or bad, I'll be picking this up for the GF. She'll have this and I'll be able to vegetate on Monster Hunter!

Win win

B-Dex

From a business perspective it makes sense. From a consumer perspective it reeks of arrogance. Buy the game so we can give you the privilege of buying more from us.

Minimal cost involved in porting the DLC. Not to mention the game is 5+months old already and can be had for 50% off or more on other platforms.

From a business perspective it makes sense. From a consumer perspective it reeks of arrogance. Buy the game so we can give you the privilege of buying more from us.

Minimal cost involved in porting the DLC. Not to mention the game is 5+months old already and can be had for 50% off or more on other platforms.

This. They could have at least included one of the DLCs ( extra cars don't count) then it makes it easier to swallow the full price and paying for more DLC

I tell you what with the ad. kid face or not... featuring the wii wheel makes consumers think this is for the wii.

+

omfg. he's interacting with dad via a MAP? He's a map reader?! Sure that's worth buying the game for. BONUS!!!
Whose paying you to crap in Wii U threads? jesus christ give it a rest dude. Relax.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

lol are you for real? I guess you can count my apple products as a gaming device then I'd see your point.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I don't understand the pricing complaints. It's a new game on the WiiU, skillfully made, with a featureset making good use of the system. And the included DLC is not free on the other platforms, AFAIK. I could have had the game for cheaper (and earlier) on the ps3, but I prefer the WiiU version. I regularly dial-in from dozens to hundreds of hours in my racers. That value proposition if perfectly fine with me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can I just have the map and access to the quick drive etc on the gamepad, without the extra buttons that turn things on/off?

this is EA screwing Wii U again like ME3 the dev would be on it if they got paid to do it wish Nintendo would step in pay for it

but I will be blasting this on Miiverse

I wish buying 2 copies would solve this but if it was just screwing Nintendo the DLC would have been on Vita too

so I now doubt I will ever see that Airport expansion I don't trust EA to do it if it is down to sales

this is EA screwing Wii U again like ME3 the dev would be on it if they got paid to do it wish Nintendo would step in

but I will be blasting this on Miiverse

I wish buying 2 copies would solve this but if it was just screwing Nintendo the DLC would have been on Vita too

so I now doubt I will ever see that Airport expansion I don't trust EA to do it if it is down to sales

i guess the one and only thing to cling on to is that doing the dlc for the wii u version would be (significantly?) less work than it would've been for the vita version so any sales threshold they may have for doing the dlc should be lower

yes i know i'm clutching at straws

i guess the one and only thing to cling on to is that doing the dlc for the wii u version would be (significantly?) less work than it would've been for the vita version so any sales threshold they may have for doing the dlc should be lower

yes i know i'm clutching at straws

I wish I knew the number but it all depends of this first week of sales when that NPD comes next month and no sales spike for NFS all hope is lost that team moves on to the next game and that promise of NFS on Wii U day 1 next time might slip

it is not looking good with all those people wanting this at a bargain price

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
this is a very limited perspective about this hobby

seriously we need to stay on top fucking tired of price complaints just to troll Wii U threads

For a forum about games with people passionate about games we surely have a LOT of complaints about the games prices. Just imagine an Apple fans forum with so many complaints about the price of the Apple products. #firstworldproblems

I wish I knew the number but it all depends of this first week of sales when that NPD comes next month and no sales spike for NFS all hope is lost that team moves on to the next game and that promise of NFS on Wii U day 1 next time might slip

it is not looking good with all those people wanting this at a bargain price

its not gonna set any records but the number of people on here at least saying they're getting it day one is better than i'd expect for a late port

its not gonna set any records but the number of people on here at least saying they're getting it day one is better than i'd expect for a late port

I want to buy this game, but EA...

I am seriously super depressed right now this is a game I want on November 18th 5 month later the same day as Monster Hunter day after LCU EA sent it to die

that DLC as a bargain chip makes me hate EA even more but EA has its dirty claws in many great IPs NFS is huge for me spent a lot of cash in NFS World that MMO they have

lol this will help

to get sales up this game would need Wii U exclusive DLC a major one not less DLC but this is EA announce 3 great DLC packs weeks before the Wii U version that will not get the DLC ever

Exclusive DLC is the only move if they wanted it to sell this is where Nintendo could have stepped in and fund the exclusive DLC

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Exclusive DLC is the only move if they wanted it to sell
I'd buy multiple copies of the game if Criterion released exclusive DLC where I could race against a pack of Riccitiello clones. Oh, the carnage..

This. They could have at least included one of the DLCs ( extra cars don't count) then it makes it easier to swallow the full price and paying for more DLC
You are getting the first DLC pack (Ultimate Speed) with the Wii U version of the game. It's been fully integrated in that version. It's not just "extra cars".

kizmah

Booted up the game and it imidiately started downloading an update. I guess it was the included dlc cause it was rather substantial. Then again I thought that was "included".

Anyway, I just played a short round. The game is quite a looker, that's for sure. Plays great and I like the ability to switch between cars and night/day on the fly. Off-tv is instant upon pressing minus. I was unable to test online since the servers are still unavaliable.

I'm really looking forward to picking up this game. This will be the first NFS I've ever bought. I'm just dying to play something on the Wii U :/.
Im expecting Wiiu hardware sales back to 50k
I'd be surprised if they're below 100k. They were up to 80k in Feb, right? That was after three months with no new games. Now the Wii U finally gets games and a good deal at Target. I couldn't see sales going down.

Booted up the game and it imidiately started downloading an update. I guess it was the included dlc cause it was rather substantial. Then again I thought that was "included".

Anyway, I just played a short round. The game is quite a looker, that's for sure. Plays great and I like the ability to switch between cars and night/day on the fly. Off-tv is instant upon pressing minus. I was unable to test online since the servers are still unavaliable.

so jelly

It should be included on the disc as far as I know, I wonder what that could be?

In any case, enjoy yourself. :)

Xun

It'll be nice to see a proper comparison between the Wii U version of the game and the others, so perhaps Digital Foundry will do just that?

Top Bottom