• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Most Wanted U |OT| Burned out, Upshift

Fellas, just buy the game, and DLC will come, simple as that. Wii U isn't in a situation where third parties can feel secure about making profit. That this went beyond a simple port and had actual effort going into new features and improved graphics, well ... THIS is the kind of third party game you should support with your money.

This. It's a well liked game regardless of any extras.

Fellas, just buy the game, and DLC will come, simple as that. Wii U isn't in a situation where third parties can feel secure about making profit. That this went beyond a simple port and had actual effort going into new features and improved graphics, well ... THIS is the kind of third party game you should support with your money.

this, but Rex Fury stole $10 from the money I was saving for this game on eShop

fernoca

Wanted to add that as far as I know, Injustice is getting DLC; was also confirmed on the latest Nintendo Direct. What it is not getting are the preorder extras...which will be sold in any case; no matter the platform.

Getting Need for Speed U, Monster Hunter Tri on Wii U and 3DS, Lego City Undercover...and just grabbed Darksiders II for $20 and Pokémon Rumble Blast and Rayman Origins for the 3DS. Of all weeks, Darksiders II had to go on sale this one. Lovely game actually, enjoying it more than the original one.

JoeM86

I love how the fact that they aren't sure about future DLC support means that they "haven't bothered" and have done a "shoddy port".

I remember when games were judged based on their release content.

I love how the fact that they aren't sure about future DLC support means that they "haven't bothered" and have done a "shoddy port".

I remember when games were judged based on their release content.
Back in my day the only DLC we got was horse armor and, by God, we liked it.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
While I don't approve such 'customer must earn their DLC' views as the one expressed here, I think the release package is worth the asked price, so I'm getting the game as it is. I don't feel any consumer grudge as in the Legends fiasco, since nothing was promised and not delivered.

While I don't approve such 'customer must earn their DLC' views as the one expressed here, I think the release package is worth the asked price, so I'm getting the game as it is. I don't feel any consumer grudge as in the Legends fiasco, since nothing was promised and not delivered.

pretty much this. i don't think I've ever considered DLC when weighing up whether or not I'm prepared to pay the asking price for the 'base' content. i've never skipped over a PC game because it wasn't likely to receive DLC (although things have been improving there).

SmokyDave

The Vita version didn't get any of the DLC even though it seems to have sold OK. Fortunately the base package is worth the money so I'm not complaining. You'd be daft to skip out in this game just because you might not get the DLC.

AniHawk

The Vita version didn't get any of the DLC even though it seems to have sold OK. Fortunately the base package is worth the money so I'm not complaining. You'd be daft to skip out in this game just because you might not get the DLC.

yeah i got the thing on ps3 and i dont give a shit about dlc. it's a lot of fun. and i don't say that a lot about racing games because the genre is terrible.

AniHawk

Assassin's Creed III sold abysmally, yet all the DLC is there...

i'm guessing they made the dlc pretty close with the development of the game expecting it to do a lot better. also, it's ubisoft, and they're historically good when it comes to providing content on all consoles.

Assassin's Creed III sold abysmally, yet all the DLC is there...

It should be noted though that all the DLC for ACIII has come weeks if not near months after the other versions. The first part of the Tyranny of King Washington came a week or two late, and just all of a sudden. The Wii U version never had a release date, and even when the other versions DLC came out the Wii U version's date was ???. Emailing Ubisoft about it got responses of ummmm it'll show up, we think, we're just not sure when.

Which is pretty annoying.

Effect

I don't doubt that effort is gone into the game. I'm just sick and tired of having to jump through hoops. I'm tired of the having to be put through "test' just because I prefer Nintendo hardware to be my primary gaming console. It's one of the reasons that lead to me getting a PS3 and a 360 when I did years ago. However I'm not going to be doing that this time around with my PC being as capable as it is. The very idea of this happening is what bothers me and like I suggested if this wasn't being sold at the price it's being sold at I wouldn't be to bothered by this. I actually do understand it but doesn't mean I like it.

I've said in the past that late ports should not be full price. That's asking for failure form the very start regardless of what is included in the package. There is always the other shoe to drop with a Nintendo hardware version. I'd much rather the developer not have said anything regarding future DLC instead of admitting it was dependent on how well the game sold. A game being put out months later, at $60, with no advertising or any push what so ever. In some cases ignorance is bless. The game will never reach the threshold that is likely being set for it. That I agree is on EA and any publisher that puts out a game late with no push at all behind it.

In the end my issue is the price. Price it lower and I'll buy. When the price drops I'll buy. If the Wii U version is ultimately not going to be treated the same in terms of support after release then don't sell it full price. No one asked for the extra features they put into the game. Off-TV play is all anyone has been watching from games if the controller isn't being used. That was on them.

Criterion is my favorite developer of racing games. They just released patch 1.3 for the 360 and PS3 and it really
Improved the lighting. Now I don't own a Wii U but Target has the $50 gift card deal. If the Wii U version runs in a
Solid 720p with the PC textures I might double dip. The 360 and PS3 versions run something like 8 pixels under
720p. For those who don't have the game it's really fun with some amazing graphics.

I don't doubt that effort is gone into the game. I'm just sick and tired of having to jump through hoops. I'm tired of the having to be put through "test' just because I prefer Nintendo hardware to be my primary gaming console. It's one of the reasons that lead to me getting a PS3 and a 360 when I did years ago. However I'm not going to be doing that this time around with my PC being as capable as it is. The very idea of this happening is what bothers me and like I suggested if this wasn't being sold at the price it's being sold at I wouldn't be to bothered by this. I actually do understand it but doesn't mean I like it.

I've said in the past that late ports should not be full price. That's asking for failure form the very start regardless of what is included in the package. There is always the other shoe to drop with a Nintendo hardware version. I'd much rather the developer not have said anything regarding future DLC instead of admitting it was dependent on how well the game sold. A game being put out months later, at $60, with no advertising or any push what so ever. In some cases ignorance is bless. The game will never reach the threshold that is likely being set for it. That I agree is on EA and any publisher that puts out a game late with no push at all behind it.

In the end my issue is the price. Price it lower and I'll buy. When the price drops I'll buy. If the Wii U version is ultimately not going to be treated the same in terms of support after release then don't sell it full price. No one asked for the extra features they put into the game. Off-TV play is all anyone has been watching from games if the controller isn't being used. That was on them.

no one was asking for the extra features? well most people seem to think they're pretty cool

Effect

no one was asking for the extra features? well most people seem to think they're pretty cool

I do as well but no one was asking for those features. No one was asked for their input in what extras they wanted. People just wanted a version that played on the Wii U. Personally anything focusing on local multiplayer is worthless to me because I have no one I can play regularly with.

blu

Judging by the ME3 port, NFSMWU would have been full-price, extra features or not. So one can think of the extra features as a bonus just because Criterion are cool. Also, don't discard the usefulness of those features or the extra customers those might bring.

PetrCobra

To what flaws do you refer? Other than 6 player online instead of 8, everything seems identical except the graphics which are better than the PS360 ones

I'm comparing it to the PC version of course. There's no reason to consider PS360 versions for me, even if I had / planned to buy a PS3 or 360, simply because the versions are identical feature-wise and PC has better performance, better graphics and more players online.

Wii U version is 30 fps, PC version is 60 fps. Plus the geometry is probably better on PC (which isn't such a big deal). These, and 6 players online instead of 12, are the flaws I was referring to. And yeah, as I said, I still prefer the promise of the Wii U version because of the new mode and off-TV play.

I'm with TheNatural on this.

WiiU owners are getting the best console version of the game bar the online limit.

Enjoy it. Might not happen much later on.

It'd be pretty fucking dumb to skip out on the game just because of the lack of DLC especially if you were already interested. The core game (from what I played on PC) is packed with content already and it's not a story-heavy game so there's nothing crucial in the DLC. I know I'll still be buying it.

Fact is the Wii U is selling like shit and EA doesn't see it worthwhile to port over the DLC. If enough people buy the game, who knows, that might just change.

TAS

Can't wait to get it tomorrow. I never played it for the PS3 so this will be a fresh experience for me. :D

It'd be pretty fucking dumb to skip out on the game just because of the lack of DLC especially if you were already interested. The core game (from what I played on PC) is packed with content already and it's not a story-heavy game so there's nothing crucial in the DLC. I know I'll still be buying it.

Fact is the Wii U is selling like shit and EA doesn't see it worthwhile to port over the DLC. If enough people buy the game, who knows, that might just change.

This - people complain about third party devs not making the effort and when they do still find a way not to support them. If you want quality third party titles on the system you owe it to yourself to pick this up.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

The Dorito Pope speaks; we must obey. If enough people pick this game up to justify it, DLC will come.

blu

hope the download does better ah who am I kidding fuuu eshop DD
I hear eShop is being hosted on Iwata's own iPhone, so we can expect some boost now that he can upgrade to the new octo-core galaxy s4. *fingers crossed*

kizmah

The servers are up and running. Got in but noone to play online with yet. Enjoyed some more of the single player. Having fun! It runs great and looks quite amazing.

blu

The servers are up and running. Got in but noone to play online with yet. Enjoyed some more of the single player. Having fun! It runs great and looks quite amazing.
How would your score the game?

The_Lump

Banned
I'm with TheNatural on this.

WiiU owners are getting the best console version of the game bar the online limit.

Enjoy it. Might not happen much later on.

Yup. You know what? Other consoles aren't getting a prettier version, new features and free existing dlc.....So stop bitching, people!

kizmah

How would your score the game?

Impossible to say. I have only played like an hour and a half and haven't even tried any online races. But it's fun and seems to be a great port (probably the best version out of the box). I am loving the use of the gamepad. Instant switching to off-tv play or just changing time of day or your vehicle on the fly really streamlines the experience, and makes you appreciate the shiny graphics even more :) Going from day to night really highlights the amazing lighting in this game.

ozfunghi

I'm considering this to be my first "retail" game i buy in the e-shop. Normally, i wouldn't consider it, because retail games in stores usually cost less (up to 10 - 15 bucks even), and you have a physical copy, a booklet etc... But this being a game as close to Burnout as we're going to get in quite a while, would be ideal to have accessible at all times, without having to swap discs. I can imagine this being a game i go back to a lot even a couple of years from now, for short bursts, when taking a break from whatever i'm playing at the time.

I'm considering this to be my first "retail" game i buy in the e-shop. Normally, i wouldn't consider it, because retail games in stores usually cost less (up to 10 - 15 bucks even), and you have a physical copy, a booklet etc... But this being a game as close to Burnout as we're going to get in quite a while, would be ideal to have accessible at all times, without having to swap discs. I can imagine this being a game i go back to a lot even a couple of years from now, for short bursts, when taking a break from whatever i'm playing at the time.

This is a really good point. I think I may just do the same.

Top Bottom