• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Wanderer5

Some more pics (probably be it) of the Nendo Exhibit

20150702191212_zpsoeqaqd6r.jpg

20150702191515_zpsizm7iuhd.jpg

20150702192456_zpspqnyj4a7.jpg

20150704162543_zpsnym061p8.jpg

20150704163118_zpsacogum1j.jpg

20150704163209_zps3tczdcb1.jpg

20150704163649_zpsongzvro1.jpg

Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Zhong Qiu Ming Yue ver. by Good Smile Company (advance preorder information)
Additional official photos for Hatsune Miku Nendoroid figure by Good Smile Company, proposed in her Zhong Qiu Ming Yue ver. (Mid-Autumn Moon ver.) and announced in late June for HATSUNE MIKU EXPO in Shanghai, have been released today along with advance pre-order information.
gsc_mikumingyue-intro.jpg

With official pre-order start date for Japan and overseas still unknown, the figure is up for pre-order for China starting today, July 7th, 2015 and until July 14th, 2014, limited to 4000 orders and for ¥240 (CNY) at Anitoys. Release date for the figure is set to September 2015 (Anitoys listing).

At the moment, Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Zhong Qiu Ming Yue version is listed as limited/exclusive to Anitoys (advance pre-order) and exclusive to Good Smile Company, so the figure will be up for pre-order as usual at the company’s online store at a later date, still to be announced.
gsc_mikumingyue-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sculpt revealed for “Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen” Link Nendoroid by Good Smile Company
Recently revealed at Anime Expo 2015 was unpainted prototype of a figure by Good Smile Company announced back in February this year at Wonder Festival 2015 [Winter]. “Zelda no Densetsu: Majora no Kamen” (also known as “The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask”) Link Nendoroid gets its sculpt revealed at the event, and other details still to be revealed.
gsc_linknendoenimeexpo2014la.jpg

]The 4th Good Smile Cup Figure/Model Contest – Part 1: Built from Scratch
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

Today is Tanabata! Now that I think about it… last year at about this time I was just coming home to Japan after visiting JAPAN EXPO in France…!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at some of the entries in the

4th Good Smile Cup!
o0515034613358280026.jpg

What is the Good Smile Cup?

The Good Smile cup is a contest between the GSC employees as well as related companies, to see who can create something filled with love and originality! ★

The aim of the project is to simply create something you enjoy creating, and then to submit it for everyone to see! It’s not at all serious or anything, but a lot of fun and interesting entries can come up!

However! Note that nothing shown here will be made into an actual product!!

Everything here was just made personally, and none of the items – no matter how well made – are currently being made into products!!

o0515071213358282145.jpg

Anyway, the Good Smile Cup is divided into five sections this time! ♪

1) Kit Section – : Made or modified from a model kit.
2) Built from Scratch: Figures made starting with nothing!
3) Other: Anything that fits nowhere else!
4) Kahotan’s Tasty NomNom: Photo Contest
5) wooser’s Not Tasty MonMon

The wooser one is a little special… you need to transform the wooser included with Nendoroid Rin into something…. amazing! Take a look at some of the ideas over at the Good Smile Lab!

⇒ Good Smile Lab Blog: wooser’s Not Tasty MonMon (Japanese)

Today I’ll be looking at the entries in the ‘Built from Scratch‘ section! ♪
o0515032513358408780.jpg

Nendoroid Raiden: MGS2 Ver.
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I can’t keep up with the constant changes in temperature… how am I supposed to choose what to wear in the morning?! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Raiden: MGS2 Ver.!
o0515049313355195961.jpg

From METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY comes a Nendoroid of the main character of the Plant chapter, Raiden! His face almost too beautiful for a solider has been faithfully shrunk into Nendoroid size, looking cuter than ever before!

Optional parts include his hand gun and assault rifle, a cardboard box as well as a naked body allowing you to recreate various popular scenes from the game! A special expression drawn for the Nendoroid by Yoji Shinkawa, the game’s art director, is also included!

Just like the previously released Nendoroid Solid Snake, he has special articulation allowing him to bend forward, which allows you to pose him prone to recreate even more of your favorite scenes! Have Raiden infiltrate your collection, and enjoy the cuteness of the Nendoroid world merged with the amazing designs from the game!
RAAIIIDEN!!!

Following on from the previously released Nendoroid Solid Snake comes yet another character from the Metal Gear Solid series – the silent soldier with a rather impressive body, Raiden is joining the Nendoroids!

His confident eyes have been faithfully Nendorofied down to the eyebrows!

It’s not just his face that has been beautifully sculpted though! His impressive body is also definitely worth the look! ε=(。・д・。)
o0515039913355195960.jpg

Even over his suit you can see just how impressive that six pack is!

I also adore the shape of his left hand here!

The hand looks like it fits into the gloves perfectly, but at the same time they are so cute and puffy looking! By the way, even though this product does not have ‘Edition’ in its name… it’s actually fully articulated! Much more mobile than most Nendoroids!! (。・ω・)ノ゙

The chest area features special articulation that allows you to take various action poses, or just pose him with his chest out to match his confident gaze! The connections for the arms are also ball joints allowing them to be placed at any angle to match your pose… or even pose him holding the included assault rifle like so! ♪
o0515038313355195786.jpg

△ This angle also shows the difference of the flow of his back and front hair!
It looks so smooth and flowing…! (/ω\)

His elbows, knees and even hips can be moved around allowing for all the fun and inventive poses that we saw with Nendoroid Solid Snake!
o0515057513355195785.jpg

Plus! This time around a very special expression part is being included!!

Illustrated by the game’s art director, Yoji Shinkawa himself!
o0515050613355195546.jpg

Oooooooooohhh!! (´□`。)

Those eyes!! They’re too amazing!!

The figure’s planner, Enon-shi went to Shinkawa-san and asked if he would be willing to draw an expression… or even just eyes for the Nendoroid!

This is what came back in response…!
o0450046113358165676.jpg

A big thank you to Shinkawa-san!!

But that’s not all… he also comes with a sword for some close combat as well!
o0515044613355195545.jpg

△ It’s so easy to take action poses with full articulation!

The sword is also designed to slip inside the scabbard on his back, allowing you to pose him like this instead! (●´ω`●)
o0515058713355195547.jpg

△ How can such a simple standing pose from the back look so epic…?

By the way, the scabbard parts attach to Raiden’s back where the stand normally connects, then the stand connects into the scabbard parts! Smart!
o0515040813355195544.jpg

This keeps the scabbard firmly in place to make sure it doesn’t get in the way of any of your poses! φ(.. )

Anyway, this means that three weapons are included! ☆
o0515042713355195340.jpg

・Hand Gun
・Assault Rifle
・Katana Sword

Simply pick the weapon that you think suits him best! ♪

However we’re still not done! There is still one other part I have to introduce!

Here we go!!
o0515042513355195339.jpg

A Naked Body!!

Special parts that allow you to recreate the scene where he was captured as a prisoner in the game! (/ω\)

This way you can enjoy his amazing body even closer than before!!
Preview: Nendoroid - Himouto! Umaru-chan: Umaru by Good Smile Company
Today's figure is fierce like a lion but as cute as a lamb. Everyone's new favorite imouto's betrayed her own laziness by making the jump the Nendoroid before her anime even comes out! Read on to find out how the rest of her personality made the transition to 3D!

Nendoroid - Himouto! Umaru-chan: Umaru [Good Smile Company]
01_s.jpg

"Onii-chan, do another conbini run for me!"
04_s.jpg
05_s.jpg

Teddy hoody on head and junk food in hand, Umaru proves that it's possible to be too relaxed in your own home!

*Production model cola will feature "ou" logo.
11_s.jpg

There's nothing quite like a late night cola to get your blood sugar going! And what better chaser than potato chips? Or pudding? Or just about any other junk food you can think of--Umaru-chan's got'em! Use this sparkly-eyed expression to show her appreciation of all things unhealthy.
15_s.jpg

She comes with four face parts in total--regular, smiling, sparkly-eyed and this spoiled brat expression. Of course she wouldn't be complete without this immovable sitting position, making her all set to enjoy indoor life at your place!
08_s.jpg

17d707a3-s.jpg

31da7891-s.jpg

http://figurenews.blog.jp/archives/44683795.html
CI8RprDVEAADmzd.jpg

1435935337258.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11454.html
FIGURE-012310_01.jpg

FIGURE-012310_04.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11425.html
Here you go.

There is a local comic shop that has this Nendo on the right.

20150702191212_zpsoeqaqd6r.jpg

Looks pretty bad but it was pretty cool seeing a really early Nendo.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
How likely is Cynthia to get a US release? Kicking myself for not buying

Hard to say. Red is more iconic and they have only made domestic Nendos/Figmas for only a few. I got it just in case it never does... I just hope I entered in the right forwarding info :x

SerTapTap

Hard to say. Red is more iconic and they have only made domestic Nendos/Figmas for only a few. I got it just in case it never does... I just hope I entered in the right forwarding info :x

I've never forwarded (unless Buyee counts) and didn't really want to mess with it. Managed to get Red and he's a bit more important to me but I'd like Cynthia too.

Was at AX and got bitten by the Nendoroid bug for the first time and ended up buying 8 of them (a few of them sub $40) with number 9 coming through amazon (some bastard bought Houki at a higher price on the last day...).

I do have a question. Do they sell the stands seperately? The brace that came with the Nanasaki Ai figure i bought is loose and the screws are stripped.

Was at AX and got bitten by the Nendoroid bug for the first time and ended up buying 8 of them (a few of them sub $40) with number 9 coming through amazon (some bastard bought Houki at a higher price on the last day...).

I do have a question. Do they sell the stands seperately? The brace that came with the Nanasaki Ai figure i bought is loose and the screws are stripped.

You are already dead.

I don't think they sell the stands seperately.

Neo Dark

Well this is a post long overdue since it's been like 2 months since Elsa got released? Ended up being busy and kept pushing it off. Anyways... here's pictures of my first Nendoroid.

And here are pictures of my second Nendoroid which I picked up last weekend at Anime Expo

Kind of wish they made a version of Suigintou using her first anime appearance design. They really need to continue that series

cajunator

Banned
Well this is a post long overdue since it's been like 2 months since Elsa got released? Ended up being busy and kept pushing it off. Anyways... here's pictures of my first Nendoroid.

And here are pictures of my second Nendoroid which I picked up last weekend at Anime Expo

Kind of wish they made a version of Suigintou using her first anime appearance design. They really need to continue that series

You have chosen well.
Please continue your descent.

Luigi87

Just got a shipment order for my Nendo Battleship Re-Class
... Forgot I ordered that one, lol

... Even my Wo-Class is still boxed.

And I just pre-ordered Raiden.

Theonik

So I've been seeing a lot of people getting Fight Club Mako from I believe AX. Is she exclusive? If so why was I not informed.

Just got a shipment order for my Nendo Battleship Re-Class
... Forgot I ordered that one, lol

... Even my Wo-Class is still boxed.

And I just pre-ordered Raiden.

Hmm nothing for my order being shipped yet still says "on hold". Hopefully get the email later. Opted for 2 of them to get the free shipping.

stryke

Just discovered this thread, and wow, I bought some Nendoroids last year during my trip to Japan but since I'm not really an avid collector of anything, it just didn't cross my mind that it could be fake. Maybe for some reason I subconciously thought I would not have to worry too much about that in Japan.

After a quick check I'm relieved they're genuine though, and I am somewhat interested in buying some more if any catch my eye, so lesson learnt!!

SerTapTap

Is it somewhat common for Nendos to not have a directly connecting support arm? I got one of some Black Rock Shooter character and she doesn't have a socket in the back, she's got this concrete pile that holds her up by fitting behind her hair. Kinda odd.

What do people use to store their parts? I just left the extras in the boxes for now but I'd mess with them more if I had a neat sorted thingy that fit all the parts. Was going to put Len in Sonico's bikini body for a tweet but I'm too lazy

Theonik

Nendoroids have gone through a few designs for stands over the life. My Rico (Dog Days) uses a magnet in the head.

Einbroch

Banned
Is it somewhat common for Nendos to not have a directly connecting support arm? I got one of some Black Rock Shooter character and she doesn't have a socket in the back, she's got this concrete pile that holds her up by fitting behind her hair. Kinda odd.

What do people use to store their parts? I just left the extras in the boxes for now but I'd mess with them more if I had a neat sorted thingy that fit all the parts. Was going to put Len in Sonico's bikini body for a tweet but I'm too lazy

Yeah, some don't have holes for the arms. It was more common in older ones, but for example Elsa doesn't have one either.

I use a cheap nuts and bolts organizer from Wal-Mart. Was like $3.

SerTapTap

Yeah, some don't have holes for the arms. It was more common in older ones, but for example Elsa doesn't have one either.

I use a cheap nuts and bolts organizer from Wal-Mart. Was like $3.

Hm, was hoping for something larger I could label

Nendoroids have gone through a few designs for stands over the life. My Rico (Dog Days) uses a magnet in the head.

Oh maybe THAT'S what that thing is...it has a big blunt thing on the end of an arm but I thought it was just to prop it up, maybe it is a magnet.

SerTapTap

*see Kirby*

...ah, shit. *gets the wallet*

Do we know what parts the Kirby nendo will get? I love Kirby but I'm not sure I see how he'd work as a Nendo. The <$20 10 kirby minifigs seem like a better idea, I bought two sets of those.

Wanderer5

I fell off my chair lol. Crap might not be able to resist this one lol.

So I've been seeing a lot of people getting Fight Club Mako from I believe AX. Is she exclusive? If so why was I not informed.

She going to be one of the summer wonder fest exclusives later this month. She be up on the GSC store for a week.

N yesssss! I love this burst of Pokemon Nendos.
Who would they do next? I struggle to think of characters popular and singular enough from the games to justify a Nendo besides maybe Brock or Misty due to their anime star status.

Pre-orders open the 25 of this month!

Wanderer5

I hope he gets a US release, cause not sure if I want to get into the hassle of ordering via proxy and such. Guess we see if Cynthia gets one in the next couple months.

Top Bottom