• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Kazzy

I had a quick look in the Good Smile store in Akihabara, this morning. Interestingly, they have actually put a "one item per customer" limit on all the Love Live! nendos (Link, also).

I would have taken a photo, but one of the shop assistants caught on to what I was doing, and I couldn't really be bothered waiting and getting a shot anyway.

spiritfox

558.jpg

arue

So with Summer Wonder Fest a week away, what nendoroids are you guys hoping/looking forward to seeing there?

Only looking out for Marth for now.
Marth and a painted version of Koujaku.

I also want to know the inevitable announcement of sword boys, more Orange Rouge nendos, and *hopefully* Persona nendos.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting on Marth, curious to see Adult Link, and in the Figma side of things, I want to see the darn Magic Knight Rayearth trio they teased >_< Having them as Nendos would also be awesome! :) Need more CLAMP and old series...

Theonik

Huh? I didn't know Raiden Pre-orders had opened nothing on the AmiAmi main page. Ordered.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I MISSED

Luigi87

So with Summer Wonder Fest a week away, what nendoroids are you guys hoping/looking forward to seeing there?

Only looking out for Marth for now.

Something that doesn't exist... yet!
Since there are nendo Mario and Luigi, let's skip right to the best princess and get a Nendo Rosalina announcement.

Then I can pair her with my Nendo Elsa.

Since there are nendo Mario and Luigi, let's skip right to the best princess and get a Nendo Rosalina announcement.

A Nendo Samus in her suit....it could be amazing. With small little chibi Metroids >.<

Blues1990

I think Captain Olimar would be wonderful as an nendoroid. Include the red, blue, & yellow Pikmin types, & it would be a wonderful toy to display.

Anony

anyone have experience with amiami and nendoroid broken joints

a bought a preowned manaka takane condition A/B
the hair joint broke when i tried to remove it to take out the plastic
then when i was putting it back into the plastic, the head joint just fell off, the joint broke in the same way (visually) as the hair join
i emailed them already with the pictures

am i boned, how is amiami's overseas customer service? (i have 10 nendoroids and this is the first time it's ever happened to me)

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
anyone have experience with amiami and nendoroid broken joints

a bought a preowned manaka takane condition A/B
the hair joint broke when i tried to remove it to take out the plastic
then when i was putting it back into the plastic, the head joint just fell off, the joint broke in the same way (visually) as the hair join
i emailed them already with the pictures

am i boned, how is amiami's overseas customer service? (i have 10 nendoroids and this is the first time it's ever happened to me)

Don't think amiami will help here, but GSC themselves might, but I don't know if they will help on pre-owned figures though.

----------------
Re-class nendo arrived yesterday, she looks fantastic, will open her up when I get a chance and take some pics...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Depends on the age. One of my nendo's neck join snapped (RIP Akari~n) but it was too old for GSC to send a replacement.

But email them anyway just in case, but be prepared to be told they can't help.

My Snow Miku 2015 was defective (one of the green leaves on her microphone fell off) but Goodsmile have already sent out a replacement, not sure what I'm getting exactly, I'm assuming the back head piece though.

SerTapTap

Got a storage thing for my parts (it's a bit big but I assume it'll fill up) and Black Rock Shooter today!

Tried to make the shoot look like it's down the barrel of her...gun thing. I'm not actually familiar with the series. She came with a little animation DVD though

SerTapTap

Started filling up my storage case, maybe I should have gotten something visible from the top. Then again I can put put labels on I guess. Fortunately it is JUST wide enough to fit nendo faces and the double-wide ones fit some of the crazier parts like alternate hair. Think I'll be good with this. Due to link's Hylian ears his face parts had to go in at an angle

I hate it when they colored the base. Just give me a flat, rounded, clear translucent base please!

I'm sure you can buy generic bases? I kinda like the styled ones the Black Rock Shooter girls come with, and the boat girls have blue ones because boat I guess.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I hate it when they colored the base. Just give me a flat, rounded, clear translucent base please!

I don't have many nendo's but most of mine have more unique bases, in fact I hate the plain boring one's:

From the Kancolle blues:
To the Panty and Stocking pinks:
To the Black Rock Shooter Checkerboard:
In fact I hate that Makoto's base isn't wooden to go the with banister in front of him:

Hell main reason I ordered Harvest Moon Miku (being a nonfan of Miku) was the backdrop that comes with her:

Imagine that back drop with her playing her flute in front of it, and that's why I bought it.

Course now that I bought a Miku I have to get the 2013 Snow Miku to go with the Harvest Moon one...

SerTapTap

In fact I hate that Makoto's base isn't wooden to go the with banister in front of him:

Oh noooo. I need to pick that one up at some point. Is there Hajime to go with him? Chiaki is my fav though I'm not sure we'd get a nendo

Where's my Harvest Moon farmer Nendo?

I'd buy the hell out of that, especially with a cow. Gotta be N64 style tho

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I recently got a few Nendos. Picked up a Panty Nendoroid used in Japan really cheap...I want to get Stocking but can't seem to find one for the same price. Seems to be way more popular.

Also had no idea that you could pre-order this stuff from Good Smile directly. I missed out on Angela Balzac but got a pre-order in at Ami Ami instead.

Did they make any more video game characters apart from Solid Snake, Mario, and Sonic?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Did they make any more video game characters apart from Solid Snake, Mario, and Sonic?

Assuming you mean the big names rather than from niche Japanese titles (otherwise I'd have to start listing all the KanColle ones lol)

Isabelle from New Leaf (Winter and Summer uniform versions)
Wind Waker Link
Luigi

There's also Red and Cynthia from Pokémon but those are harder to get since they were exclusives.

Chorazin

Assuming you mean the big names rather than from niche Japanese titles (otherwise I'd have to start listing all the KanColle ones lol)

Isabelle from New Leaf (Winter and Summer uniform versions)
Wind Waker Link
Luigi

There's also Red and Cynthia from Pokémon but those are harder to get since they were exclusives.

Teddie and Yukiko from Persona 4, Aigis from Persona 3, Naegi Motoko, Monokuma and Monomi from Danganronpa 1/2, and a bunch from different Monster Hunter games.

Quite a few from super Niche JRPGs, but I can't name any of those off the top of my head.

WonFes is this weekend. We'll probably see a bunch of them. They seem to be doing more and more videogame Nendos.

I'm glad they seem to have realized that Nendos of popular game characters who have starred in numerous popular games have a bit more mass appeal and will sell more worldwide than anime schoolgirl #231. (not that there's anything wrong with anime schoolgirls or those who buy those Nendos I just like the expanding diversity of the line)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I want that P4 Teddie Nendo. Let me guess...it's pretty much impossible to find now?

EDIT: Nope, Amazon has them!

SerTapTap

I love Kirby, I love Nendos, but I don't understand the Kirby nendo. The simple articulation, fairly consistent art style and swappable parts are a big part of the draw. I'm not sure what they can really do with Kirby. Do we have shots of his parts?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I love Kirby, I love Nendos, but I don't understand the Kirby nendo. The simple articulation, fairly consistent art style and swappable parts are a big part of the draw. I'm not sure what they can really do with Kirby. Do we have shots of his parts?

We've seen him wearing his sword hat.

Top Bottom