• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Einbroch

Banned
I'm glad they seem to have realized that Nendos of popular game characters who have starred in numerous popular games have a bit more mass appeal and will sell more worldwide than anime schoolgirl #231. (not that there's anything wrong with anime schoolgirls or those who buy those Nendos I just like the expanding diversity of the line)

Yup.

I love Nendos to death, but anime schoolgirl is so boring and overdone. Even niche characters like Rosalina and insert-random-jRPG-protag have more worldwide appeal than just some school girl from an anime.

Figures are worldwide. Granted, not a huge market like general kids toys, but still. Koto has known this for a while with their Bushijou line. Wish GSC would start pushing more western friendly franchises with their Nendos. They seem to be dipping their toes in the water. Go all in, baby.

tauke

Just paid for Cynthia nendos. Good Smile Company are indeed fast in automagically charging my Paypal the moment it is ready to be shipped from the warehouse lol.

One Cynthia for my friend who wanted it so badly and the other two... I need to check my PM to see who preordered it from me--

Einbroch

Banned
I love Kirby, I love Nendos, but I don't understand the Kirby nendo. The simple articulation, fairly consistent art style and swappable parts are a big part of the draw. I'm not sure what they can really do with Kirby. Do we have shots of his parts?

Still say they should just make him a giant magnet and include like 30 accessories. Like a cute Mr. Potato Head.

Theonik

Don't forget the GOAT
VR3DcYS.jpg

SerTapTap

Yup.

I love Nendos to death, but anime schoolgirl is so boring and overdone. Even niche characters like Rosalina and insert-random-jRPG-protag have more worldwide appeal than just some school girl from an anime.

Figures are worldwide. Granted, not a huge market like general kids toys, but still. Koto has known this for a while with their Bushijou line. Wish GSC would start pushing more western friendly franchises with their Nendos. They seem to be dipping their toes in the water. Go all in, baby.

Give me all the gaming nendos. Anime as a style is fine but I pretty much only buy anime-style game stuff not anime itself because I never watch stuff.

Still say they should just make him a giant magnet and include like 30 accessories. Like a cute Mr. Potato Head.

Exactly, give us all the ability hats. Though I'd also love a set of Kirby enemies to go with too. Little 0 nendo with exploding blood fountain eye parts

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The biggest nendo mystery. Why do we still not have full scale iDOLM@STER nendos?

We have petites and the Cinderella Girls are already getting them, but the original 765ers just got an illustration.

Luigi87

I don't have many nendo's but most of mine have more unique bases, in fact I hate the plain boring one's:
From the Kancolle blues:
To the Panty and Stocking pinks:
To the Black Rock Shooter Checkerboard:
In fact I hate that Makoto's base isn't wooden to go the with banister in front of him:
Hell main reason I ordered Harvest Moon Miku (being a nonfan of Miku) was the backdrop that comes with her:
Imagine that back drop with her playing her flute in front of it, and that's why I bought it.

Course now that I bought a Miku I have to get the 2013 Snow Miku to go with the Harvest Moon one...
Wow, most of mine have the standard square clear base, and I didn't know that the [Abyssal] Boat Girls had the blue water bases (still haven't opened mine... dunno when that's gonna actually happen, lol).

Theonik

She is adorable :eek:

WANT
Make sure to play Legend of Heroes on Steam, PSP or whatever platform you have that will play it!

The biggest nendo mystery. Why do we still not have full scale iDOLM@STER nendos?

We have petites and the Cinderella Girls are already getting them, but the original 765ers just got an illustration.
I think it's timing. When the original iM@S was the thing that was pushed Nendoroid production was much lower. Nowadays anything with any interest will get one. But the original iM@S is considered old and busted and they push the one that recently is in vogue instead.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Just paid for Cynthia nendos. Good Smile Company are indeed fast in automagically charging my Paypal the moment it is ready to be shipped from the warehouse lol.

Since mine is from Amazon.jp, I guess mine should be charging any day now.

Oh and as a reminder, N will be going up on Saturday too!

Well I was looking forward to getting the Rin Nendo this month. Looks like Yoshino will be the only Nendo shipping out later for me.

Einbroch

Banned
Christ almighty and that just your nendoroids.:p

What you think of Snow Miku 2015 btw?

Snow Miku 2015 is a massive disappointment. I thought when they revealed her she'd be okay, not great, but not bad, but she's just...lame. Her base is bare, her face is incredibly vanilla, and her outfit is boring. I'm really not a fan of her. Definitely my least favorite Snow Miku and probably my second least favorite Miku out of all of them (Sorry Sakura Miku). Even 2011 is better, in my opinion.

2016 looks to be better.

Wanderer5

Snow Miku 2015 is a massive disappointment. I thought when they revealed her she'd be okay, not great, but not bad, but she's just...lame. Her base is bare, her face is incredibly vanilla, and her outfit is boring. I'm really not a fan of her. Definitely my least favorite Snow Miku and probably my second least favorite Miku out of all of them (Sorry Sakura Miku). Even 2011 is better, in my opinion.

2016 looks to be better.

Aw, sorry to hear she was that disappointing for you.

Personally I still just not a big fan of the pigtails, and trying to attached her to the stand at times heh. I definitely looking forward to next year's snow miku through.

Edit: Gah no, I shoved off anymore shipgirls and I going to keep it that way no matter how awesome these abyssal ones look!:x

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
For the new removable headjoint it was Nendo #300. But there were revisions before that. I kinda hate it still because there is no perfect part BC with those.
Even then it didn't seem to take off instantly so some post 300 nendos are still of the old style.

“DRAMAtical Murder” Koujaku Nendoroid by ORANGE ROUGE unpainted prototype revealed
Official photo of unpainted prototype for “DRAMAtical Murder” Koujaku Nendoroid by ORANGE ROUGE has been recently revealed. New information confirms that the figure will be on display at Wonder Festival 2015 [Summer] next weekend (on July 26th, 2015).
orangerouge_koujakunendo.jpg

orangerouge_nendo-5.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
“Odin Sphere” Velvet, Cornelius 1/8 by Alter painted prototype revealed
Until now only seen unpainted, “Odin Sphere” Velvet 1/8 scale figure by Alter, coming with Cornelius as well, is revealed painted today. The figure is sculpted by Fukumoto Noritaka and based on an illustration by George Kamitani. Price and release date are still to be announced.
alter_velvetpainted.jpg

“Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Hibiki Cu-Poche by Kotobukiya on preorder
Kotobukiya officially opens pre-orders today for their “Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~” Hibiki Cu-Poche. The poseable figure is sculpted by BTA and Ming-Chi Chiu and comes with optional parts like a removable hat, anchor and shield, as well as three different expressions. Listed for a price of ¥4800, the figure is scheduled for release in December 2015.
koto_hibikicup-2.jpg

figma Rin Shibuya: Jersey ver. & figma Uzuki Shimamura: Jersey ver.
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I live a life of virtually zero exercise! When I think of sweating I think of going to concerts more than anything else! Anyway, following on from yesterday, today I’ll be looking at the remaining WonFes items!
o0515041913367172773.jpg

------
Today I’ll be taking a look at…

figma Rin Shibuya: Jersey ver. &
figma Uzuki Shimamura: Jersey ver.★
o0515044913368587859.jpg

Oooooooooooohh!! (´□`。)

Dressed in their outfits from lessons!!

The New Generation girl’s Rin Shibuya and Uzuki Shimamura are back as figmas wearing their training jerseys! Let’s take a look at them one-by-one!

figma Rin Shibuya: Jersey ver.
o0515070513368587862.jpg

From the anime series ‘THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS’ comes a figma of Rin Shibuya wearing a running jersey!

· Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
· She comes with both a serious expression brimming with self-confidence as well as a slightly flustered, unsure expression.
· Optional parts include arm parts to display her hands in her pockets and drop-shaped stickers to display her sweating.
· An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
Along with the smiling expression above, she also comes with this unsure expression!
o0515049213368588171.jpg

…I’m sure this brings back memories for fans!

Next up…

figma Uzuki Shimamura: Jersey ver.
o0515071213368633506.jpg

From the anime series THE IDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS comes a figma of Uzuki Shimamura wearing a running jersey!

· Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
· She comes with both a gentle smiling expression as well as a clumsy expression for when she does something silly.
· Optional parts include a towel to place around her neck, an energy drink and drop-shaped stickers to display her sweating.
· An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
Her alternate expression is this clumsy expression! Just look how adorable it is!!
o0515064013368587998.jpg

The towel to place around her neck is sculpted to actually look fluffy as if it were really made from towelling! (●´ω`●)

This is how the blister packs are arranged!
o0515039913368587860.jpg

△The included accessories are rather simple, but the fact that they
are wearing tracksuit pants allows for all sorts of easy poses!

Shiburin also comes with special arm parts that allow you to pose her with her hands in her pockets!! (`・ω・´)ゞ

Display them in a lesson together!☆
o0515049413368587997.jpg

△ You can see that both their lovely hair styles,
as well as the back of their jerseys have been beautifully sculpted!

Uh-oh… Σ(・ω・ノ)ノ!
It looks like they’ve been practising too hard and are completely exhausted now…!
o0515034813368587861.jpg

△ You can peek up her jersey at her back too!

It looks like Shiburin needs to lie down for a bit…!
o0515040113368588361.jpg

Hm? What’s that on her cheek… and arm?!

Drop-shaped Stickers!☆
o0515039713368588359.jpg

These can be used to display the girls sweating after a hard day of training! (/ω\)

But what Shiburin really needs now…

“Rin-chan! Here! ♪”
o0515049013368588362.jpg

figma Uzuki Shimamura: Jersey ver. comes with this optional part!

An Energy Drink!! ♡
o0515041213368588455.jpg

Nendoroid Umi Sonoda: Training Outfit Ver.

The heat has gotten to me really badly now… I almost can’t stop eating ice cream to keep cool! If this keeps up I get the feeling my weight is going to regret it!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Umi Sonoda:
Training Outfit Ver.☆
o0515048913367856178.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘LoveLive!’ comes a Nendoroid of Umi Sonoda wearing her training outfit! She comes with both an embarrassed expression to show that she can be rather shy, as well as a serious expression to show her diligent side! A diet plan as well as a practice menu are also included for her to ensure the other μ’s members are keeping up with their training too!

She also comes with parts that allow you to pose her shooting a ‘Love Arrow’, perfect to pose together with the embarrassed expression! A special ‘holding hands’ hand part is also included for use with the ‘Ima wa Bokura no Naka de’ LoveLive! Nendoroid series. The other μ’s members are also going to be joining the Nendoroid series in their training outfits, so be sure to look out for them too!
Ooooooooooohhh!! (σ・∀・)σ

The beautiful girl with a dignified air about her! Nendoroid Umi-chan is back again in another outfit!! She normally has a serious, strict personality… which is what makes the rather worried and embarrassed expression so amazing! Just look how adorable she looks!!

She is the second in this second set of LoveLive! Nendoroids, following on from Honoka-chan!♡
o0500050013348779168.jpg

#1: Nendoroid Honoka Kosaka: Training Outfit Ver.

Umi-chan’s training outfit is rather different to Honoka’s! She is wearing a hoodie and three-quarter length pants for a much more sporty style! (*´Д`)=з

If we spin her around to the back, you can even see that the hood of the hoodie has been faithfully sculpted onto the design!
o0515043113367854548.jpg

There aren’t very many sporty girls in the Nendoroid series! It’s quite a refreshing sight!★

They do look rather easy to move around in, which is exactly what I would expect Umi-chan to wear! The fact that you can see her ankles sticking out still give the outfit a rather feminine charm at the same time! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ

The embarrassed pose I started off with is lovely, but another pose that suits this expression nicely is this one!
o0515050313367923964.jpg

Love Arrow, Shoot!

The hesitant look on her face is what makes the expression so cute! ♥︎
Don’t worry Umi-chan! Your arrow has pierced my heart!!

Of course, you can also use the expressions from the original ‘Bokura wa Ima no Naka De‘ Nendoroid!
o0515050813366778930.jpg

By the way, this pose makes use of the same arm parts as the above ‘Love Arrow’ pose! Just changing the angle of the arms can make for a rather different pose! ♪

You can also make use of the blowing kiss expression included with Nendoroid Umi Sonoda for a much more confident looking Love Arrow!! ♥︎
o0515056013366778931.jpg

Having both of the Nendoroid definitely allows for a lot more options to enjoy!I’m sure Umi fans will come up with many more lovely ideas too!!

However let’s get back to today’s Nendoroid! She actually comes with another expression!

A serious expression! <&#9675;><&#9675;>
o0515045213366775169.jpg

This expression captures Umi-chan&#8217;s strong will as she shows her stricter side with the other &#956;&#8217;s members! The huge difference between this expression and the previous embarrassed expression is quite a jump!! (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;)
She also comes with a practice menu and attachment parts to stand it up!
o0515045613366775171.jpg

The details&#8230;!!

I can&#8217;t wait to display all the girls in their training outfits being lectured by Umi-chan&#8230; (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;) Plus she also comes with another optional part that matches up with the serious expression!
o0515058513366775170.jpg

A diet plan!! (/&#969;&#65340;)

This pose is perfect to display together with the expression that was included with Nendoroid Honoka Kosaka: Training Outfit Ver.!
o0515047113366774959.jpg

&#9651; Honoka not looking forward to a diet!
Nendoroid Northern Princess
&#65340; &#8220;Sink!!&#8221;&#65295;
o0515071013372318211.jpg

Today I&#8217;m going to be taking a look at&#8230;

Nendoroid Northern Princess!
o0515038913372317906.jpg

From the popular browser game &#8216;Kantai Collection -KanColle-&#8217; comes a Nendoroid of the Abyssal warship, &#8216;Northern Princess&#8217;! The enemy ship looks as adorable as ever, but don&#8217;t be fooled by her appearance &#8211; she is equipped with all sorts of highly dangerous weaponry which has all been faithfully recreated in Nendoroid size! the batteries on her main turret can even be moved by rotating the runway on the side!

Optional parts include two of the rather peculiar aircraft that fly by her side, as well as the &#8216;Zero&#8217; plane that she hold in her hands. Additionally, she also comes with parts that allow you recreate certain parts of her special Christmas version that was seen during the Christmas event in December 2014.

Three expression parts are also included &#8211; her standard expression, a shouting expression and a cute expression with upturned eyes. Various different parts and expressions to create the Northern Princess you want by your side!
&#8220;Go&#8230; back&#8230;!&#8221;
The adorable Abyssal ship &#8216;Hoppo-chan&#8217; also known as the Northern Princess or by her Japanese name &#8216;Hokuhou Seiki&#8217; is joining the Nendoroids! &#9825;

Everything about her design from the beautiful white hair, the little horns on top of it, her bare feet, cute white mittens and one piece dress have all been minimized into cute Nendoroid size!! You can also see from the photo above she also comes with all sorts of ship parts!! &#12541;(&#65359;´&#8704;&#65344;&#65359;)&#65417;

She also comes with three expression parts!!

First up is this shouting expression!
o0515034313372317639.jpg

&#9651;Note the open mouth and cross looking mouth!! Scary and cute all at once!

Next up we this glaring expression&#8230;

An expression that makes you think of one of her famous lines!

&#8220;I said&#8230; don&#8217;t&#8230; come any&#8230; closer&#8230;&#8221;
o0515040813372317907.jpg

She may be adorable, but don&#8217;t underestimate her!

There have been many admirals who have suffered the wrath of her fire power&#8230; (´&#9633;&#65344;&#65377;) As I already mentioned earlier, she also comes with all sorts of ship parts! I&#8217;ll take a closer look at them in a bit!

The third and final expression is a slightly mischievous looking expression with upturned eyes! &#9829;&#65038;
o0515047913372317908.jpg

This expression suits her mysterious side so very well!! It&#8217;s so adorable!! Each of the expressions really brings out a different side of Hoppo-chan allowing you to enjoy various different sides to her! &#9825;

Hmm? The ship parts seem a little different now?!

Let&#8217;s take a closer look at how they work! The previous KanColle Nendoroids are all known to have very mobile ship parts&#8230; and Abyssal ships are no exception!! (&#65344;&#12539;&#969;&#12539;´)&#12446;

Let&#8217;s take a look from the back! &#9834;
o0515041913372317375.jpg

o0515039313372317640.jpg

Each of the arrows in the above photos represents a Nendoroid joint and the areas surrounded by dots can also be moved!

She can be posed in all sorts of ways just like her KanMusu counterparts!

Any just in case you were wondering, these photos are only to show off the ship parts! Don&#8217;t go looking underneath her billowing one piece which has been faithfully sculpted!

Anyway!

The runway on the side of her turret also features another little gimmick! If you rotate the runway the turret moves like so!
1437565641Cy4gbz4LchA6pUh1437565596.gif

The turrets are firing away at enemies!! Plus as always, all the ship parts can also be removed if you want to display a much less threatening Hoppo-chan!
o0515040813372317909.jpg

&#9651;The ship parts by themselves are rather&#8230; interesting!!
The mouth area can be opened and closed and the effect parts can be removed!

You can also see some the damaged appearance of the runway has been included on the design! (*´&#1044;&#65344;)=&#1079;

Here is Hoppo-chan all alone!! &#9834;
o0515044413372317642.jpg

She&#8217;s playing with her little aeroplane!! &#9734;

She&#8217;s just&#8230; SO CUTE!!

The small appearance is part of what makes her look so cute, but also note that her hair has some incredible volume&#8230; perhaps more than any of the previous Nendoroid Kanmusu!
o0515050513372318208.jpg

The way her hair expands outward&#8230;

If you take a look at her from directly above you&#8217;ll get a good feeling for the space it takes up!
o0515043713372317376.jpg

You can&#8217;t even see her body any more!!

While the skirt gives the Nendoroid a rather dynamic feeling, the hair is no exception! It really seems to be moving about, and no matter what angle you choose to look from it simply looks fantastic! (&#9679;´&#969;&#65344;&#9679;)

Holding her in my hand like in the photo before this one actually makes me feel strangely relaxed inside&#8230;

Plus there are still more optional parts to come&#8230;! &#9825;
o0507077213372317132.jpg

She comes with a hat and present part!!

This allows you to recreate part of the limited edition Christmas Hoppo-chan that was seen during Christmas 2014! The hat attaches onto the left horn part!! (&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;)

Ship parts with a Christmas Tree are also included! &#12387;&#12541;(*&#12539;&#969;&#12539;)&#20154;(&#12539;&#969;&#12539;*)&#12494;
o0515055513372318317.jpg

&#9651; The Christmas tree is interchangeable with the standard part!

Nendoroid Hoppo-chan is scheduled to be released in December 2015, which makes these parts rather appropriate&#8230; she would make a great Christmas present for any Admirals out there!&#9733;
o0515037813372317641.jpg

&#9651; She would make a lovely Christmas decoration too!

Now&#8230; another thing many of you might be wondering while looking at these photos is&#8230;how is is that some photos how Hoppo-chan&#8217;s mouth, and others hide it??
o0515034313372317130.gif

The collar part of her outfit has a thick and thin side to it, meaning you can switch the part around to show more or less of the face! Many of my photos are taken at an angle so some of them might be hard to tell which side of the collar I am using though&#8230; sorry! (/&#969;&#65340;)

Simply put though, by turning this part around, you can choose between hiding and showing Hoppo-chan&#8217;s mouth! &#9734;

Combined with all the expressions and parts, this allows for so many different posing options!! Be sure to add the cute Hoppo-chan to your collection and give her the love she deserves&#8230; I&#8217;m sure she won&#8217;t sink your fleet!

Nendoroid Northern Princess!
o0515040513372318210.jpg

She&#8217;ll be up for preorder from the 24th July 2015!

As usual, orders from the GOODSMILE ONLINE SHOP will also include a special Nendoroid Base and box sleeve as a bonus!! &#9834;
o0515048513372317377.jpg

An English summary about the Good Smile Company & Max Factory Summer Wonder Festival 2015 Booth!
eng_header.jpg

What is 'Wonderful Hobby Life for You!! 22'?
english_wonfes20.jpg

'WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU' refers to the joint booth of Good Smile Company and Max Factory at Wonder Festival. The booth at the upcoming Summer Wonder Festival 2015 will be the 22nd time the team has taken part at an event. The photo shown here is from one of the previous events.

The booth will contain displays all the latest figures on display, a stage filled with performances throughout the day, as well as a sales area featuring limited edition products that will not be on sale at standard stores! If you can't make it to the event we will also be live broadcasting the event on NicoNico Douga, and the limited edition products will be available for international order for a short time after the event.

Event Summary
Event Name Wonder Festival 2015 (Summer)
Date & Time 26th July 2015: 10:00 ~ 17:00
Location Makuhari Messe Halls 1-8
Entrance Fee ¥2,000 (Children Under 12 Free)
Booth Name WONDERFUL HOBBY LIFE FOR YOU!! 22
Map http://www.m-messe.co.jp/en/access/index.html
Event URL http://wf.kaiyodo.net/ (Japanese)
N20150709homu_001.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/83326/
cmp01_00.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/85198/
N20150715CC_001A.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/84475/
db5c2dc7a4695417e00c169ca99df49a.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/83802/
PH01.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/85537/