• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm should I be worried? My Cynthia was supposed to be delivered to the BiJ building Sat Japan time and it's now Sun NA time with no updated except that it dispatched from Amazon :/

Replicant

Well Mako get. Wish I waited for Harvest Moon Miku until now to save on shipping, but you never know when these things sell out :/

Think I'm done for Nendos for the year
probably not.

You can't do that anyway. You're not allowed to mix GSC store item (Harvest Miku) and Wonderful Hobby item (Mako). So you'll be charged 2 different shipping cost regardless.

Alice from KinMoza
CKzhmgqWwAQIj1S.jpg

She came out so perfect. I cannot wait to buy her. This pic and the Hotaru Nendo news made the show for me :3

ReBirFh

I'm totally buying Majora's Mask Link. I wonder what kind of acessory he will come with, masked faces (not all masks unfortunately)? a Bottle? a Ruppee? the weapon set from Ocarina of time?

BlitzKeeg

Posting in this thread for the first time since my Wind Waker link finally arrived a day ago!
XNS7dBP.jpg

I'm really happy with how it looks!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That price is a nope.gif for me. I don't want to spend more than she was at launch especially since the only reason I want her now is to go with the Anna nendoroid which I'm actually fond of.

That's actually a good price, considering the con prices had her at the $70-80 range and up :/;

Well. At least they're better than Amiibo.

Then there's people like me who do both...

Why are you guys saying "sword boys"? Is it because it's a relatively new thing that male action characters are joining the rooster?

I gave my ex one of the first ones - L from Death Note sitting on a red chair. It was a bit flimsy in the assembly if I recall. Scared that the small parts would snap. Has the quality of these changed since the early ones?

arue

Why are you guys saying "sword boys"? Is it because it's a relatively new thing that male action characters are joining the rooster?
It's because these boys are basically anthropomorphic (?) swords. Their names are based on real life Japanese swords from history.

Same thing why Kancolle girls are called ship girls because they're literally anthro warships from WWII.

Crumbtiny

I just received my Solid Snake Nendoroid this weekend, figured I'd get the WW Link (which is on the way) and be done with them. I don't watch much anime (if there's a Vash the Stampede, Woflwood, or Spike figure in the pipeline I'd be all over them) so few of the other figures held much interest for me.

Then I saw the Mega Man, new Link, and Kirby figures. Crap, if they keep pumping out new game related (or comic) figures I'm going to be in trouble.

I got sucked into Amiibo for a bit, but I think these are way better. Mighty Muggs were my jam for a long time, so fun to hunt down in stores, but then they had to go and stop making them.

So here I am, on the verge of a new figure addiction.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Is it still possible to get Red from Pokémon?

I also want to get Shirona (Cynthia) & N! ....

Red is only on the secondary market now. Cynthia is probably still available at Pokemon Centers in Japan (unless selling out in a few days) and N is up right now on Amazon.jp with the use of a forwarding service.

It's because these boys are basically anthropomorphic (?) swords. Their names are based on real life Japanese swords from history.

Same thing why Kancolle girls are called ship girls because they're literally anthro warships from WWII.

They're famous historical swords made into human characters from a game called Touken Ranbu, just like ship girls are warships made into humans.

That is amazingly creative, holy shit. I'm genuinely blown away haha!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
That is amazingly creative, holy shit. I'm genuinely blown away haha!

I was unaware of that too. I thought it was just because they were holding swords :x And that the "ship girls" fought on ships or something. Personally, I enjoy anthropomorphic companies more (Neptune...)

Luigi87

I go to bed, hear my email sound pop on my phone, ignore it thinking it'd probably be spam.

Wake up a few hours later, check it, see it was actually BiJ requesting payment to forward Cynthia. Woops.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I go to bed, hear my email sound pop on my phone, ignore it thinking it'd probably be spam.

Wake up a few hours later, check it, see it was actually BiJ requesting payment to forward Cynthia. Woops.

Got mine too! Saw that it got delivered at some point, check my email and there it is :) Standard 800Y-ish for shipping and it's all good :) I'm sure they will ship it out shortly, too. Now I'm not so worried with N's transaction when he comes out in several months.

lupinko

Red is only on the secondary market now. Cynthia is probably still available at Pokemon Centers in Japan (unless selling out in a few days) and N is up right now on Amazon.jp with the use of a forwarding service.

You can only buy these Nendos via prepurchases IIRC. They are not advertised when they go on "sale". More like available for pickup or shipping. They're only up for purchase during the prepurchase period like the N sign I posted above.

tauke

Finally Good Smile emailed me the tracking number! Still at Japan though.

I'll be ordering three N nendo and if anyone interested, I'm offering up two slots for it.
Actually I hope to scalp others on Ebay but I'm not that kind of person--

I have no idea what that silver twin tail cutie is from Ein but I might have to buy her too....she looks so adorable.

I have a weakness for silver hair >.<

Top Bottom