• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

I think it was that she's not allowed to be sold outside of Japan by official retailers of GSC, so you can't buy her or Anna off AmiAmi.

You can see that she's unavailable on the english site of AmiAmi but you can preorder her off the Japanese site of Amiami.

Wow, really? GSC Disney in full dick mode. I ordered Anna fine through Hobbysearch. Would have ordered Elsa too had I not just bought her the other day.

Theonik

It should be noted that HLJ still has them but a bit more expensive. I got one from BIJ now. We'll see how it works out. First order from them.

Has anyone ever ordered from the N.E.G.I. store? Did a impulse pre-order for a Nendo (494, the Re-Class) and was wondering if they actually come through? It was a GSC/SomeEvent exclusive.

Just wondering if I should just try to find one when I'm in Japan for Arc Revo in a couple of weeks. The aftermarket prices are starting to get a little crazy for her, though.

Davedevil

Neo Member
Didn't know gaf loved Nendos, wanted to share some of my pics.

ykZzeIP.jpg

GWtMA0y.jpg

YaA76gd.jpg

hitmon

For US collectors, do you have a preference between HobbySearch or Big In Japan? I thought I read Big In Japan charges you right away even if for preorders, is that true?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
For US collectors, do you have a preference between HobbySearch or Big In Japan? I thought I read Big In Japan charges you right away even if for preorders, is that true?

There is a way to have BiJ pay later with Paypal (not credit card) but I haven't tried it yet. Haven't bought from HS though.

LiK

No preference, whoever is cheaper. BiJ allows you to pay later with PayPal. They only make you pay right away for certain figures. It's usually the very limited ones.

AHRIIIIIIIIIII CUTIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I'm so jelly. I'll trade you GSC Kino for her. XD

I got my Elsa Nendo from BBTS today. That was fast. I only ordered her a few days ago. And apparently "substandard" doesn't mean anything too bad. The box has a small crease with a tear in the upper left front corner. Not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

Man, I didn't realise how Nendos are bought until now. The whole preorder allocation thing and limited runs and whatnot. Seems like you can only buy a small handful of them at any one time. I'm going to have some desk space that needs to be filled and wanted to start doing so with some Nendos.

Want the Umaru and Chitoge ones, as well as some older stuff which I guess I can never get now?

Also, what's the deal with buying through Crunchyroll? Are they terribly awful? Only place I could actually get an Umaru Nendo if I decide to bite.

Also...

AHRIIIIIIIIIII CUTIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Aren't these like absurdly expensive now? I'd love one, but... man.

Einbroch

Banned
Man, I didn't realise how Nendos are bought until now. The whole preorder allocation thing and limited runs and whatnot. Seems like you can only buy a small handful of them at any one time. I'm going to have some desk space that needs to be filled and wanted to start doing so with some Nendos.

Want the Umaru and Chitoge ones, as well as some older stuff which I guess I can never get now?

Also, what's the deal with buying through Crunchyroll? Are they terribly awful? Only place I could actually get an Umaru Nendo if I decide to bite.

Also...

Aren't these like absurdly expensive now? I'd love one, but... man.

HI COSTY-KUN WELCOME

Nothing wrong with Crunchyroll. The only drawback is they generally get stock 1-3 months after Japanese stores get the item, so you'll get them late. Other than that, nothing wrong. Also you can email them and cancel your preorder should you decide to.

Einbroch

Banned
hey man, if it's worth it to you then it's worth it. I am super jealous.

--------------------------

to ask again though, what are (if any) the downsides of going through the Crunchyroll store? Prices seem reasonable. Customs maybe?

hi. pls help. I have no idea what I'm doing ;__;

I edited my post. I was just so excited.

last thing, before I place this order with AmiAmi how expensive is EMS usually for people? I know it varies by location for people but an idea would be nice since it doesn't tell you before you actually buy it :/

Einbroch

Banned
last thing, before I place this order with AmiAmi how expensive is EMS usually for people? I know it varies by location for people but an idea would be nice since it doesn't tell you before you actually buy it :/
For a single Nendo? 1.4k or about there. If you go SAL, it's like 900, but I don't know your post office's customs practice so EMS might be cheaper.

For a single Nendo? 1.4k or about there. If you go SAL, it's like 900, but I don't know your post office's customs practice so EMS might be cheaper.

If EMS allows me to avoid customs then I'll go with that.

My Giant Bomb tshirt I got with my membership cost me €16 in customs cost

alright I bought two Nendos I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY

tauke

Wanderer5

I want Red but there's no way I'd pay $180 for a Nendo. GSC needs to stop being a dick and just re-released him again.

Much like the Frozen nendos, it might be in Red's case, Gamefreak rather than GSC. Them licensing stuff. And I pretty sure it more towards Gamefreak than Nintendo who hasn't really pull this with the other Nintendo nendos from the looks of it.

Also yay we're finally in the community section!:p

Top Bottom