• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap0212

Caramello said:
gahhhhhhh WHY!???!?!?!?

I was enjoying the thread up until that point :/
The pics were gone a while before you posted?!?
sceptic.gif

mehdi_san

It's Peace Walker week!!! Everyone should be hyped because this game has all what it needs to be the GOTY2010!!!

First, the Uniqlo tshirts that I got this morning:
jhzper.jpg

2ikur9j.jpg

Then the soundtrack:
2czvfid.jpg

jhwvm0.jpg

2dm8knd.jpg

Coming up tomorrow should be the Mountain Dew cans with the characters from the game :D :D

SAY PEACE!!!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
mehdi_san said:
It's Peace Walker week!!! Everyone should be hyped because this game has all what it needs to be the GOTY2010!!!

jhzper.jpg

2ikur9j.jpg

Then the soundtrack:
2czvfid.jpg

jhwvm0.jpg

2dm8knd.jpg

Coming up tomorrow should be the Mountain Dew cans with the characters from the game :D :D

SAY PEACE!!!

:OOO Awesome. Really want that soundtrack.

ymmv

Banned
eXistor said:

Woah! The Whispered World! I had no idea the game had already released. I loved the screenshots I saw from the game a long time ago, but somehow I thought the game was still in development. Message to myself: investigate!

NorwegianBlood

Neo Member
First time posting here. I got some nice tax money coming this year (finally) and went shopping. One Ipad for me and the other for my wife, she loves electronic gadgets.. She is crazy about this Ipad.

244cgop.jpg

Looking forward to watching Babylon 5 again. Been 12 years since last time.

Gotta say thanks to SnowWolf here in the forums for helping me out with the US itunes store (I live in Norway).

Jim Stark

Neo Member
Picked this up at a friend's suggestion, he said it's a solid keyboard for beginners (I hope he's right)

1zqd1uc.jpg

Yamaha YPT-220

My cell phone camera sucks

Happy Birthday MarkMan!

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Where did you find that color? Looks so awesome.

Some high street shop in Liverpool. It's called Resurrection I think. They always do random days with 20% and I've had my eye on them for a while. The timing felt right! I can't stop wearing them.

On a side note, picked this up today.

IMAG0226.jpg

NorwegianBlood

Neo Member
liquidlogan said:
That must have been a really awesome tax cheque you got back :lol

Which iPad model did you guys go with?

We went with 2x16GB. I have a 32GB Ipod touch and barely use 7gb of it. And after discovering AirVideo there really is no point for us to have more.

I love this thing. Reading tons of Conan comic books now :D

mehdi_san said:

jhzper.jpg

2ikur9j.jpg

SAY PEACE!!!

Already have my soundtrack (and the maxi single lol), so now I need to contact someone for the UNIQLO shirts...

My wallet does not need this much of a beating...but I must have those shirts!

Gyrian

If the Peace Walker soundtrack comes in a solid yellow jewel case, then what's in the front?
Very stylish, as Konami's soundtrack usually are. :]

Spookie

MarshMellow96 said:
Some high street shop in Liverpool. It's called Resurrection I think. They always do random days with 20% and I've had my eye on them for a while. The timing felt right! I can't stop wearing them.

Yeah they have a 10% off at all times for students as well.

The final April pick-ups.
20jjlev.jpg

-An USB Logitech keyboard for Monster Hunter Tri
-NGS headphones and mic for PC gaming
-LCD cleaning (I really need to clean my tv screen :lol )
-Kick-Ass comic. Awesome! Waiting for the movie to come here in June. The only bad thing, its too short.
-Scott Pilgrim Vs the Universe (Vol 5) Cliffhangers ahoy!
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiyam novel. Awesome read, love reading what Kyon thinks every moment. Best normal boy manga character ever.
-Monster Hunter Tri, so fucking awesome game. Its my first MH an I love it. Incredible online too.

And finally two Warner Bros cups that a friend and me bought at Warner Bros Park in Madrid. Full of chocolate with cream at the top (mine is the big Batman one :lol ), and watching Seinfeld. What a perfect afternoon.
296hn5l.jpg

Gong

adversesolutions said:
You sir have single-handedly recovered the thread.

And with style.

Thanks, someone had to after... "that"

Ketsui is all kinds of wonderful, spent most of the afternoon and I`m utterly smitten with it :D

Lourio

MarshMellow96 said:
Other side of the world if you're in Montreal I'm afraid :lol

I got them in Liverpool a couple of days ago.. I'm sure you could find them online if you had a look!

I have but no one has my size! I'm always finding sizes way too small or way too big. Does the store you got them from have a website?

DeepFriedMuppet

Neo Member
astro.jpg

Astro A40 Mixamp. (I've already got some nice Senheiser 595s so didn't bother with the headset - I don't really want to talk to anyone online anyway). It took a while to get used to, but now there's no way I'd play MW2 without it hooked up.

blurays.jpg

Birthday Blu-Rays.

books.jpg

Birthday books. I've already got the big hardback of The Making of Star Wars but it's pretty awkward to actually sit down and read, so I asked for the paperback and am totally devouring it.

games.jpg

LTTP! Beat Mass Effect on a week off work and thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely moving onto the sequel next.

dvds.jpg

Filling the gaps in my Universal horror knowledge. Son of Frankenstein might be even better than Bride.

crystal.jpg

I pretty much swore off toys a couple of years ago, but it's the Chamberlain! Mmmmmmmhh - You should get the onomatopoeia of that if you've seen the film :)

Gyrian

Auron_Kale said:

Ah, I see. Slipcase + Spine. I need to pick this up, I've got a Kojima-swag problem. :s
I miss the MGS Premium Packs; 4 didn't get one in the same style as 3 and under, and I'd argue that PW isn't, either.

snap0212

DeepFriedMuppet said:
Astro A40 Mixamp. (I've already got some nice Senheiser 595s so didn't bother with the headset - I don't really want to talk to anyone online anyway). It took a while to get used to, but now there's no way I'd play MW2 without it hooked up.
Is it really worth spending the extra money? I'm thinkiing about buying an amp too...

DeepFriedMuppet

Neo Member
snap0212 said:
Is it really worth spending the extra money? I'm thinkiing about buying an amp too...

For me I feel like it was.

I can't really afford, and certainly don't have the room for a proper surround sound setup, so £100 for the stand alone mixamp seemed like a good alternative. Before, I was just plugging my headphones into the TV and getting a bunch of interference so getting rid of that alone was a benefit.

As far as gaming goes, it definitely took a few hours to get used to playing with the surround sound on, but I know for a fact that I can now pick out the sound of someone behind or to the side of me in a multiplayer game of Modern Warfare 2.

Like I said, I only got the mixamp and not the headset so I can't speak to the quality of that, but after a couple of weeks use of the amp, I'm still really pleased with it.

Anth0ny

Either I'm losing my god damn mind, or someone actually posted a picture of shit on the last page.

Anyways, my pick ups:

20h0e2e.jpg

My first FF and the first time I've owned a Terminator film on physical media (only watched it at friend's houses until now...saw a good deal for the T2 Blu Ray and ate that shit up). If that's not LTTP, I don't know what is.

i4rbwx.png

I like One Piece.

OMG Aero

20z333k.jpg

I decided to get Persona 3 and two more Scott Pilgrim books this month, since I finished Persona 4 and the first book and liked them so much.
sy9lpi.png

I also got Espgaluda 2 and Plants Vs Zombies for my iPod.

That Peace Walker soundtrack looks completely different than the one I saw in Akiba last week. Kinda upset I had to leave before all the last minute MGS hype, but Golden Week and all.

Valkyr Junkie said:
That Peace Walker soundtrack looks completely different than the one I saw in Akiba last week. Kinda upset I had to leave before all the last minute MGS hype, but Golden Week and all.

Really? Interesting.

I posted pictures of it when I got it, but here's what my copy looks like once again:

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

The liner notes that were posted by mehdi_san is exactly what mine looks like. The actual cover of the cd case is blank - since it's just yellow.

Auron_Kale said:
Really? Interesting.

I posted pictures of it when I got it, but here's what my copy looks like once again:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1746.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1747.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1748.jpg[IMG]

The liner notes that were posted by mehdi_san is exactly what mine looks like. The actual cover of the cd case is blank - since it's just yellow.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, the ones I saw appeared to just be regular jewel cases with that woman on the cover. It was one of the main shops in Akihabara, so I don't think they were bootlegs. I guess I'm glad I didn't get one then in case they were early sample/single copies.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Hmmmm, the ones I saw appeared to just be regular jewel cases with that woman on the cover. It was one of the main shops in Akihabara, so I don't think they were bootlegs. I guess I'm glad I didn't get one then in case they were early sample/single copies.

Was it this?
(front)
IMG_1742.jpg

(remove the front slipcover to see this)
IMG_1745.jpg

(back)
IMG_1743.jpg

If so, this is the maxi single for "Heaven's Divide" and not the PW OST

ngower

My buddy's heading off to Iraq next week so he bought the tickets and I'm driving/gas/parking. We're going to Frightened Rabbit in NYC this Wednesday, heading down from NH. :D

Auron_Kale said:
Was it this?
(front)
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1742.jpg[IMG]

(remove the front slipcover to see this)
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1745.jpg[IMG]

(back)
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/IMG_1743.jpg[IMG]

If so, this is the maxi single for "Heaven's Divide" and not the PW OST[/QUOTE]

Bingo, that's what it was. No wonder it was priced so low :lol

MarshMellow96 said:

On a side note, picked this up today.

IMAG0226.jpg
that shirt is fucking sick.
fix.jpg

working on another fixie

Sdawg36

This month's pickups, tried not to spend too much since I wasn't planning on buying anything this month, but coupons on games are too tempting.
Cheap EA games I've been wanting to play (I know, late to the Orange Box party, but better late than never)
4526166205_f092ef8ca2.jpg

Not as cheap EA store game, but it's an expansion to Dragon Age, that magical time warp that apparently took 50+ hours of my life.
4526800130_0db2a69de5.jpg

And now, my favorite pick up of the month, now limited only by my laziness to go out and buy a frame:
4526798424_080bf821e8.jpg

4526167397_9dceb8641a.jpg

Pictures don't do it justice, looks awesome in person, going to look even nicer with my Shepard statue from the Bioware auctions when it gets in:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom