• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

cp7uOT9.jpg

Just picked this up at Target yesterday. Played about three hours so far and I'm really enjoying it.

Got these recently:

It took me about 4 years to find a copy of Samurai Shodown Anthology on the PlayStation 2, and I finally found it at a GameStop by where my brother works...one that I stopped by a bunch of times. They haven't had their PlayStation 2 games on display for a long time, but they did have them in a drawer. I had done a search on the GameStop site for it, and that was the only store listed as having it. I'm so glad I did that, as now the search for it is finally over. :)

I had also gotten Time Crisis 3 and Time Crisis: Crisis Zone two months ago by doing the same thing. Hah.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My mouse has been on the fritz for a little while; but I finally got fed up today and made an "emergency" run to Best Buy. This is my first time not going with Logitech in a long time. Never really liked Razer mice, and everybody else seems to be making miniature Transformers, lol. This has high reviews so we'll see how it goes...

8670822238_872c32fb26_c.jpg

WEGGLES

They are just much more fragile IMO. Eventually after long use and stress they WILL wear out so much that they will break/fall off. If that happens while, let's say, when you're climbing it can be potentially very dangerous. This won't happen so easily with metal ones.
For me shoe cases are optional, but I don't think twice about getting metal pedals.

I just prefer metal petals with shoe cages. I thought the plastic stock pedals were slippery. I think I paid like $25 for a nice pair. It's a minor thing, and it might not even bother you.

Interesting. Something to consider later on. This right now is mostly for around town, so I'm not too concerned about it.

Maybe after the summer I'll get metal pedals, it is only $25.

Chocobro

Astro A*Stars my cousin gave me, HORI PSVita screen protector from BestBuy that I bought for a few bucks, and my cousin helped me get Fire Emblem:Awakening when he was at PAX East. Didn't buy much this month, trying to save for a 3DS XL later this year.
yQlHbzi.jpg

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Been on a Thrift store buying frenzy the last few months. Got this all on Saturday:

I was kinda surprised to see a Final Fantasy title at a goodwill and black labeled at that. At 8 bucks it's a bit pricey, but still cheaper than most ebay copies and in pristine condition as well. Bust a move 4 was a fair deal and I bought the other 2 because they were 1/2 off.

These are PC versions of these games. I installed Nightfire andwas surprised that it was still being supported after 11 years. I didn't have GTA 3 before so I'm glad to get it for $1.
There were actually a LOT of PC games at that Value Village, maybe 20 or more and some were complete in box, but I didn't care for most.

These arrived from an Ebay purchase last weekend, about $42 for the lot. I never played through the original RCR, just a little bit, so I'm glad I finally have the remake.

xJavonta

Banned
My mouse has been on the fritz for a little while; but I finally got fed up today and made an "emergency" run to Best Buy. This is my first time not going with Logitech in a long time. Never really liked Razer mice, and everybody else seems to be making miniature Transformers, lol. This has high reviews so we'll see how it goes...

Is that the PlayStation TV? You're using it as a monitor? How is it?

alfuraiji

Neo Member
My first PS3 :) and i hate i hate my self for not buying it before

but thanx to Vita and PS+ for convincing me to get one :)

ibq87YveDpKbgh.jpg

Ni No Kuni & Tomb Raider

ibp6NUUoC0Q4PD.jpg

ibcKb3s3bIAcdf.jpg

A few weeks ago, my old boss got in touch about his stash of various gaming bits and pieces that, under orders from his better half, had to go. The ultimatum was thus: either someone takes it away, or it all goes in the bin. Not knowing what I was going round to collect, all I knew was that I can't knowingly see games/systems needlessly thrown out while someone can still derive enjoyment from them. I finally got around to cataloguing the lot this morning, so here it is!

The stash. What lies within...

This is the work of his stepkid, who was actually writing on game boxes while I stood there talking to my old colleague. Still, nice touch calling his stepdad a 'StinkStation'.

NES:
- Dr Mario
- Duck Hunt
- Iron Sword: Wizards and Warriors II
- The Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
- Tetris
- Track & Field II
- The Legend of Zelda

SNES:
- International Sensible Soccer (limited edition)
- Kevin Keegan's Player Manager (x2)
- Killer Instinct
- Kick Off 3 - European Challenge
- Mortal Kombat II
- Mr. Nutz
- Striker (x2)
- Starwing
- Street Fighter II
- Super Bomberman 2
- Super International Cricket
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Super Metroid
- Super Tennis
- Theme Park
- Zombies

N64:
- Banjo Kazooie
- Carmageddon 64
- Chameleon Twist
- Diddy Kong Racing
- F-Zero X (x2)
- FIFA 99 (x2)
- Goldeneye
- Hybrid Heaven
- International Superstar Soccer 64
- International Superstar Soccer 98
- Jet Force Gemini
- LEGO Racers
- Mission Impossible
- Perfect Dark
- World Cup 98
- Wrestlemania 2000
- WWF No Mercy

Systems:
- NES (x2)
- Boxed Zapper
- SNES
- Mega Drive II with Sonic the Hedgehog
- Game Gear with Columns and G-LOC (sadly dead)
- N64 (x2) with 4 controllers and various expansions

RkOwnage

Today's my upgrade day, and of course they don't have this one. Verizon blows some real shit.

Verizon usually gets their "own" model of something. My friend who's an asst. Manager told me they probably won't get the One because they have the DNA. It'a always VZW who holds out on the big phone that everyone else gets. Annoying.

The_Monk

Last month I posted some snacks a friend got me from a Chinese Store. Then, a fellow GAFfer told that there were other flavors so I went to get some more. Here they are:

yB6Hl1fl.jpg

- More Coffee flavor (Love it)
- Coconut Cream (Good!)
- Wasabi flavor (OMG, just... don't!)

Got another Book-end from Ikea, I now have two B's

iwkfL9dl.jpg

Also got a small furniture from Ikea to keep my space clean and minimalistic, the work is in progress right now. Also got 4 "feet" for it so it could be a little taller.

B1bG1gDl.jpg

Oh and Games? Yes, Games (from a friend) :

3fLbynel.jpg

0Jqx5EAl.jpg

maverick40

A few weeks ago, my old boss got in touch about his stash of various gaming bits and pieces that, under orders from his better half, had to go. The ultimatum was thus: either someone takes it away, or it all goes in the bin. Not knowing what I was going round to collect, all I knew was that I can't knowingly see games/systems needlessly thrown out while someone can still derive enjoyment from them. I finally got around to cataloguing the lot this morning, so here it is!

Dat bitch wife. Great haul.

Netto-kun

Well, this is quite the month.

Picked up a cheap CPP for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Graphic card and chocolate from Hong Kong.

White 3DS LL and Bravely Default: Flying Fairy from last week. Too bad that I can't play my EU 3DS games on this one. The 3DS XL crystal case arrived today.

Fire Emblem: Awakening (FINALLY!) and the DLC pack.

And lastly, a brand new phone! I've been using this one for 5 years, so the Galaxy Note II is quite a change.

LadyRiven

Combination of March and April loot since I forgot to post in the last thread.

3b4Lefb.jpg

XL5jiPI.jpg

From one of my twitter friends... I had to take a picture of the Tako-Luka he drew on the envelope!

m03C2l8.jpg

March games.

EelPI43.jpg

Imported both of these cause DAMN this show was good.

TwXYWYR.jpg

Gotta review this one for my blog...

tRzgxIv.jpg

THE big March purchase.

k4CWbTj.jpg

Snow Miku 2013 tote bag from Animate

pRmlKPh.jpg

Misc. Vocaloid stuff from Animate

NxwUZxl.jpg

knMIRTA.jpg

Box set of 20 heroine figures. I reviewed it on my blog.

18ZQff3.jpg

DOmAiqk.jpg

L1V1Bf3.jpg

Just the COAs, because I haven't framed the prints yet. ;p

Some comics...

This was off amazon for cheap (like $1.75 but shipping was twice that lol):
31b7473405daf29dc7b615dd8531fd6f_zpsc74144ec.jpg

And these because Francavilla is amazing (was also chided because I haven't been reading this sooner lol):
6c50c75e7a08163aab73bea29f263c38_zps96568b5f.jpg

Omiee

Finally bought a new desk. Absolutely love this thing.

vmTHO84.jpg

My old desk (back when I still lived at my mother's) for reference:

74qic.jpg

Also picked up a copy of Fire Emblem from the Eshop. It's awesome!

zRGEpA2.jpg

Sorry if someone already asked, but what desk is that?

if that keyboard is the g6v2 then we have the exact same set up. Fucking love the mouse, too

Top Bottom