• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

flattie

img20130419190150.jpg

I've got Tomb Raider on the go and Bioshock on standby for the 670. Silky smooth and looking great.

The 3DS arrived yesterday - I couldn't hold off anymore after the last ND. Loving Luigi's Mansion so much. Fire Emblem is on its way too. The resolution takes some getting used to when coming from my Nexus 4, but the old brain soon adjusts. Also picked up Tetris on the VC, which I haven't actually played in 20 years, but was shocked to find just how familiar it felt; menus, music and, of course, gameplay.

Kainazzo

R1Z5dfZ.jpg

-A Japanese 360. Probably shouldn't have bothered with the bundle, but I wanted the absolute newest revision.
-Valkyria Chronicles 3 art book (that I ordered August 30th last year)
-Princess Crown for the Saturn
-Twinkle Star Sprites for the MVS (finally found one!)

purg3

slept with Malkin
529589_10200453096462826_2125168010_n_zpsb17a2f4f.jpg

Finally broke down and bought a 3DS XL. SMT IV along with the new Zelda game pushed me over the edge. Picked up Fire Emblem, Super Mario Land 3D, and actually found a sealed copy of 999 to play before picking up Zero Escape. This should keep me busy for a while, and there's still a few other games I want to pick up. The joys of not buying a system when it launches...

Pandora's Tower, to complete the Operation Rainfall trifecta. Like I said in another thread, I never thought I'd see the day.

J5vhDqd.jpg

And of course, I had to have Soul Hackers. No idea when I'm going to have a chance to play it. Plus a couple cheap DS games to round out my 'way too large already' DS collection.

wXRIgEq.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Games (felt really dirty about buying DmC and therefore breaking my 1.5 year Capcom boycott, don't like Ninja Thoery, have no real desire to play it either but only bought it as part of 3 for $100 offer)

I've never seen a single Alien movie.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
You're in for a treat. Fuck me, I wish I could experience it all over again for the first time.

Looking forward to it. Would you recommend seeing Prometheus before or after the Alien movies? That's sitting in the backlog too.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Some pickups from the last week or so:

8663832529_b27995ab8b_c.jpg

8664927276_ffdd90613c_c.jpg

8663830227_701b70ca72_c.jpg

($1.50 after 50% off, lol)

8663836441_e193f56e69_c.jpg

8663834521_d2d8536775_c.jpg

SqVkcoR.jpg

Yeeessss! <3 Still annoyed that Madman didn't bother with a Blu-ray release here, but hey.

4HQkJbu.jpg

VXcVnrT.jpg

Also I totally forgot to include Luigi's Mansion 2 in that shot.

dc89

Not gonna lie, pretty jelly over here. Expectantly waiting for the postman to drop my copy off today, but will probably end up grumpy and having to wait til tomorrow. Where did you order from?

ShopTo. I know they're banned on GAF but they've added PayPal as a payment option now so I'm happy. Ordered on Tuesday, came on Wednesday.

Rich!

So, after a particularly nasty incident with a shoplifter last week (I got elbowed in the chest, and in retaliation I broke the guy's nose), I managed to persuade my area manager to give me a pay rise. So, money issues are all sorted out thank fuck.

As a nice present to myself, I thought I'd go and trade in a load of crap into my local CEX and buy a 3DS XL after I sold my last one when in need of cash. Went in, and had £105 credit after trading in various bits and pieces. Had my eye on a nice white 3DS XL. Mint condition and boxed, but discounted to £140 due to the installed Mario Kart 7 being deleted when they formatted it.

Anyway. I brought it. Took it home, and loaded up the purchase history on the eshop. hooray, Mario Kart 7 is on there! But wait a minute, what's this? Digital copies of Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land and a few random VC games too! So far I've only downloaded the two Mario games:

but fuck me, for once Nintendo's shitty tied-to-console policy has worked in my favour. A mint condition white XL, three retail games and some VC titles in exchange for a load of old tat and £35

yay

Azusa

Gisen Yagyu and FE:A. I have already tried to play FE and had several wipes on the first and the second battles on hard/classic mode. This game is fun.
YsCfxvr.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You sir are a lucky man, reminds me of the news about WiiU 2nd hand buyers being able to re-download previous bought retail games on their systems.

Danielsan

Finally bought a new desk. Absolutely love this thing.

vmTHO84.jpg

My old desk (back when I still lived at my mother's) for reference:

74qic.jpg

Also picked up a copy of Fire Emblem from the Eshop. It's awesome!

zRGEpA2.jpg

mxgt

Banned
Love Criterion, gotta catch 'em all! There's a lack of La Haine and Branded to Kill in your photo... already in your collection, perhaps? I'm looking forward to getting Bande à part next month.

Already have La Haine, great film.

Branded to Kill I'll have to put on the list to get.

tauroxd

Looking forward to it. Would you recommend seeing Prometheus before or after the Alien movies? That's sitting in the backlog too.

Watch them in order: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection and Prometheus :)

I'm happy to see many people are buying Fire Emblem, I hope Nintendo won't think twice to get the next one out of Japan.

Iacobellis

Finally bought a new desk. Absolutely love this thing.

vmTHO84.jpg

My old desk (back when I still lived at my mother's) for reference:

74qic.jpg

Also picked up a copy of Fire Emblem from the Eshop. It's awesome!

zRGEpA2.jpg

My God, that setup is sooooooooooooooo sleek. Build the computer yourself?

Etzer

Wow, so many 3DS XLs in this thread! So many colors I can't get...

Anyway, a lot of stuff arrived today:

GGSfWIOl.jpg

A new MGS Vita skin. The one on my Vita got damaged.

9CLxySEl.jpg

Some imports:

52Mm6CDl.jpg

Xlrmu68l.jpg

The one on the left came with these:

SMMasakl.jpg

Not gaming related, but this watch also arrived today:

Zo1SMq7l.jpg

Persona86

Banned
badass pick-up,my best movie of 2012,freaking full of win and awesome.

I don't even know why it failed in the theaters,I really hope blu-ray sales help us get a sequel.

My brother watched it and said it was good but not great. What happens in it is similar to the movie "The Raid: Redemption" but the Raid was better.

Have you seen the raid? It's great.

Might watch Judge Dredd and see what I think.

Top Bottom