• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehawk

Banned
sca2511 said:
basically, plug your internet into it and then plug the other dongle into another wall plus device and viola, internet from your wall via electricity through your house. no need for wireless shit now!
I got really excited, and then noticed that it costs $200... :(

sca2511

whitehawk said:
I got really excited, and then noticed that it costs $200... :(
well there is ebay, i think last i checked it was $50 for 25Mbps like this. There are many other choices. Hope is not lost!

Broadbandito said:
does that actually work out alright?
Personally I haven't tried it, but I was about to, since my PS3 and switch are across the room from each other. i HATE seeing this ridiculously long cable run across the wall, so it was a viable option for me. Here is an example diagram and information.
plc_networking1.jpg

Today I put on my robe and wizard hat and went to into town, where I bumped into this great 2 for £30 in HMV:

bed4dz.jpg

At first I was going to buy AC: for awnsers and 2100 points in the deal but then I found Grid, I have wanted for game for ages and kicked myself months ago for not buying it when it was in a £20 deal, so for me both of these for £15 each is well worth it.

I also ordered a pc for £452, GTX 260, 4GB ram and a core 2 duo 2.8ghz, ample power for my needs as my 360 and ipod touch are my main gaming device.

Gagaman

Did a trade with someone on another forum for this baby that just arrived today from Portugal..

2ziommf.jpg

jj4bc8.jpg

vgs7bn.jpg

It's Marvel baby! 5 inch screen Marvel!

nf4m4i.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
That Treamcast has me thinking: has there ever been an attempt from a somewhat relevant manufacturer (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, SEGA, NEC, Atari...) to make the gaming equivalent of laptops? I don't think we've ever had something halfway between a handheld system and a home system.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kilrogg said:
That Treamcast has me thinking: has there ever been an attempt from a somewhat relevant manufacturer (Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, SEGA, NEC, Atari...) to make the gaming equivalent of laptops? I don't think we've ever had something halfway between a handheld system and a home system.
Nomad was a portable Mega Drive.

Gagaman

Kilrogg said:
The PSone was kind of like that if you bought the screen for it. Small and light, that console was, actually kinda miss it (though I never had the screen for it).

The Treamcast isn't licensed but isn't a clone like one of those Famicom ones, as it uses original Dreamcast parts inside it.

As for what I traded it for: a collection of old Dreamcast magazines, I think about 35 in total.

Kilrogg said:
xbox360_lappy_1.jpg

Zyzyxxz said:
holy hell, is that a 3" down pipe?

What car you planning on using? For some reason I'm thinking a 240SX (S13/14)

Oh the downpipe is not in the picture but it is 3". All that's in the picture is the exhaust and it's all titanium. You guessed right though, I'm planning to build a S14. I haven't decided if I'm going to import one from Japan (15 year rule in Canada) or buy one locally.

It's a bit of a up hill climb for me because locally, most of the cars I've gone and seen need a LOT of work or look like ass and they want a lot more then it's worth (just because they did the SR swap).

Manp

sooo gaf... this week i went batshit crazy on blu-ray movies:

qnlfsl.jpg

Die Hard 4 (childhood rape continue)
No Country for Old Men (wtf?)
Hancock
Hellboy
Hellboy 2
Bourne Ultimate Collection

:)

Manp

_dementia said:
It isn't terrible. I just wish it wasn't called Die Hard.

also, Mac guy sucks.

it's quite entertaining actually. but yes, basically it's just no longer the Die Hard i used to love.
they should really stop using computer virus as the excuse for every damn movie script these days btw.

:)

Nice dralla, I've been sinking time into my TE and think it's honestly the best retail stick available (as long as the PCB doesn't die on you).

A little lunchtime pickup.

apr2009pickup01.jpg

My Cloud Black Triple w/ FFVIIAC:C and XIII Demo
Oboro Muramasa
#1 Double Double combo for my co-worker
#1 Double Double Animal Style /w well done fries for me

Yay iPhone pics! :lol

rc213

donkey show said:

http://www.daviddino.com/apr2009pickup01.jpg/IMG]

Oboro Muramasa

Yay iPhone pics! :lol[/QUOTE]

GIMME THAT DOUBLE DOUBLE ANIMAL STYLE!!! :O

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
donkey show said:
Oboro Muramasa

Is that any good? I've been thinking about it.

edgefusion

donkey show said:

Oboro Muramasa

Please post pictures of the PS3!

25728fc.jpg

gold gameboy light and super mario land - $45 - ebay
TWEWY - $20 (sealed!) - Amazon
Final Fantasy Legend II complete in box - $10 - ebay
Rhythm Heaven - $25 - Amazon
everything else - Goozex

tomorrow I get excitebots, and then I'm done for a while.

I also got a stand for my Virtual Boy for $20 on ebay.

fz832a.jpg

the gameboy light pretty much sucks, honestly. the ghosting is horrendous. games are barely playable.

Still cool, though.

donkey show said:

apr2009pickup01.jpg

Oboro Muramasa

Do you live in Japan?

Can you take pictures of the PS3 if you have a chance?

Dacvak said:
Is that any good? I've been thinking about it.

Dunno yet. I have yet to pop it in considering I just got home.

edgefusion said:
Please post pictures of the PS3!

Repost from the XIII Trial thread...

ff7triple01.jpg

ff7triple02.jpg

And for the family portrait...

ff7triple03.jpg

The color is a lot nicer in person that I thought it would be. :D

painey said:
and that double double burger looks like someone shat it into the bun!

That's what makes it sooooooooooooo good. :lol

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
The color is a lot nicer in person that I thought it would be. :D

That looks pretty fantastic! Same finish as the MGS console it seems, just different color. How much did you pay and where did you buy? Clearly you are from the west coast.

cresto

sca2511 said:
basically, plug your internet into it and then plug the other dongle into another wall plus device and viola, internet from your wall via electricity through your house. no need for wireless shit now!
that sounds amazingly cool, but does that mean you need 2 for one on each socket?

_dementia said:
Do you buy all these videogames just to lure children into your house?
pedo22.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
That looks pretty fantastic! Same finish as the MGS console it seems, just different color. How much did you pay and where did you buy? Clearly you are from the west coast.

Japanvideogames.com (which is down the street from my work) sells it for $700.

Yes Boss!

donkey show said:
Japanvideogames.com (which is down the street from my work) sells it for $700.

Oh wow, I'm up in Los Angeles three times a week at CSULA which is shockingly close to Temple City. I'll have to check out the store sometime. Definitely tempted to go in and pick up Muramasa.

JEKKI

gotta couple of shirts

20i9r7k.jpg

2uqng2x.jpg

and the lady at the drive thru gave me this:

2z51ypz.jpg

lol! that should last me like over 2 weeks!

jaydogg691

PICK-UPs!!!

FFXIII Demo featuring Advent Children Complete.
DSC05292.jpg

Resistance and some PSP love.
DSC05284.jpg

Rhythm Heaven and Echos of Time.
DSC05286.jpg

PJ Eden Encore.
DSC05295.jpg

And I thought April was going to be a slow month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom