• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

CaLe

Penguin nerd said:
Just got this new little addition to the family :D

She's 2 months old. I'm having a super hard time coming up with a good name though. :|

W0LLY.jpg

Fluffy.

My wife gave me this little present yesterday morning.
Hayden was born on August 8th at 5:34am weighting in at 2.8Kgs & 48.5cm in length.

1icw0p.jpg

Sintoid

qo6p2q.jpg

Found this on a sale, 29 euros for Xbox360 version

2rfx8x5.jpg

Bought it last wednesday
Funny, in European PSN there were two versions of the same game, the Irem version is priced 29euros o_O mine 9€ :D

This just came early delivery man woke me. :(

aQimT.jpg

Dual wielding from this point out, Come at me lo(bro)cust!

Retro/Pendulum Wars Lancer is the new one.
Chainsaw Lancer is from Gears 2 launch, UK models are gold because of gun laws.

Ubersnug

StalkerUKCG said:
This just came early delivery man woke me. :(

aQimT.jpg

Dual wielding from this point out, Come at me lo(bro)cust!

Retro/Pendulum Wars Lancer is the new one.
Chainsaw Lancer is from Gears 2 launch, UK models are gold because of gun laws.

So Jelly!

Does the bayonet come off the retro?

ChryZ

DJmizuhara said:
My wife gave me this little present yesterday morning.
Hayden was born on August 8th at 5:34am weighting in at 2.8Kgs & 48.5cm in length.
Congrats, mate. What a kick-ass name!

Ubersnug said:
So Jelly!

Does the bayonet come off the retro?

Yeah it comes off. it was packaged with they bayonet separate and for a second i assumed it was broken but then i found it and it just slots in.

Only problem is i dont really have a place for it atm so its still laying on my bed

Yes as far as i know, i was looking at importing the normal coloured Chainsaw Lancer and a M41A Pulse Rifle Replica before and you must posses at least a airsoft gun license to own any realistic coloured gun in the uk. (thats a gun that is anything but less than 50% bright or uncommon colours)

Its a hinderance for people who really like weapon design like myself cause it limits what i can and cant buy. Thats why im looking into other options for video game based weapons.

Nerf repaints, pepakura, build kits, airsoft and pellet conversions ect.

On the way to a client meeting yesterday, I walked into a pawn shop to ask for directions. I spotted this in a $10 bargain bin in perfect condition. It's the English/Korean version which is going for over $180 on eBay:

ah-1.jpg

Gav47

CrankyKong said:
Is it illegal to import imitation guns that aren't gold?
Not gold specifically but all replica guns including airsoft guns have to be painted.

According to Section 36 of the VCRA (Violent Crim Reduction Act), which came into effect on 1 October 2007, RIF's (Realistic Imitation Firearms) may not be sold, imported or manufactured. Unrealistic imitation firearms (IF's) must be more than 50% bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright blue, bright green, bright pink or bright purple or have dimensions of no more than a height of 38 millimetres and a length of 70 millimetres (as defined in the Home Office regulations for the VCRA).

I presume the gold was deemed an acceptable colour to paint it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
OGB said:
rnOLc.jpg

A good day in the mail: Atomic Robo vol. 5, and Top Gear Series 16, Super and Paul on blu-ray, all from Amazon.

oh so it's finally got released on Blu-ray (it wasn't in any theater in my country for some unknown reasons)

So is Super as good as Kick-ass and Defendor? I like these kind of movies but on the other hand James Gunn movies are crap most of the time, so I am not sure if I should buy it or not.

Totobeni said:
So is Super as good as Kick-ass and Defendor? I like these kind of movies but on the other hand James Gunn movies are crap most of the time, so I am not sure if I should buy it or not.

I did not see Defendor, but I did see Kick-Ass, and while they're both in the "random dude becomes a superhero" genre, Kick-Ass is a bit more wish-fulfillment. Super is dark, messed up, and strangely at the end, very cathartic. I REALLY enjoyed Super quite a bit though, provided you can get around it's rough, ultra violent edges.

Sylver

Banned
7M00s.jpg

Catherine PS3, it arrived on August 1st, without taxes and even I still haven't been charged on my account then free.
Stand By Me BD

Since I've got the 3DS I've bought some DS videogames.

PhOhu.jpg

Dragon Ball Kai (I think it does't work on Euro 3DS but I my sis has got a hacked DSi)
Dragon Ball Z Super Sonic Warriors 2
x3o4K.jpg

Dragon Ball Origins
Dragon Ball Origins 2
bbHNf.jpg

Dragon Ball Goku Densetsu
Dragon Ball Attack of the Saiyans

Which DBZ figures/models are those. Im undecided if i like them. Id prefer which ever i got to have a least decent articulation but on the other hand i really just want some.

Sylver

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Which DBZ figures/models are those. Im undecided if i like them. Id prefer which ever i got to have a least decent articulation but on the other hand i really just want some.
I think they aren't from any special collection, I've seen some alike models on ebay. I bought it one~two years ago in a french stock clearance store, They're statues from Japan '95-'98 expo.
Edit: If you want some photos I can make them and upload it, no problem.

vitacola

Sylver said:
Dragon Ball Kai (I think it does't work on Euro 3DS but I my sis has got a hacked DSi)
The "DS-mode" of the 3DS is still regionfree. There will be no problem with imported DS games.
(P.S.: There are no "hacked DSi" :p)

Sylver

Banned
vitacola said:
The "DS-mode" of the 3DS is still regionfree. There will be no problem with imported DS games.
(P.S.: There are no "hacked DSi" :p)
With a hacked DSi I mean its firmware and yes it was cracked time ago. I didn't tried Kai by now (later today I'm gonna do it XD) but who sold me said that it is region looked, no idea. XD.

Sylver said:
I think they aren't from any special collection, I've seen some alike models on ebay. I bought it one~two years ago in a french stock clearance store, They're statues from Japan '95-'98 expo.
Edit: If you want some photos I can make them and upload it, no problem.

Yes pics please !

Lerozz

Murkas said:
Is that a Naruga outfit from Monster Hunter? It looks a lot like it but I've never seen a female character wearing it so I can't tell. Looks awesome I want it!

Pietepiet said:
This is fantastic. Where'd you get it?

Naruga Hunter outfit, correct. :)

Shops like Hobbyfan and E2046 (got mine from there) have it. It is a garage kit though, so assembling and painting required. But you can also buy the prepainted version which is partially assembled (like I did), some minor glueing to do still but that is a 5 minute job. A tad more expensive obviously (~130 euros @ E2046, shipment to EU) but it was worth it in my eyes. Looks stunning.

Naruga Hunter @ E2046

Naruga Hunter @ Hobbyfan

Sylver

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Their great, iv just been looking around and i think im going to start buying the HSCF range
if I had to buy some Dragon Ball figures now, I would buy the new Dragon Ball Capsule Neo Cell, Kai version. They're on Vol. 2 (so it's easy to get the backlog). It's the new version of Z one with better colours.
If you don't now them, they're figures which represent the most charismatic scenes of Dragon Ball/Z/GT (8 cm, more or less, each one).
E2WPq.jpg

omgkitty

Sylver said:
if I had to buy some Dragon Ball figures now, I would buy the new Dragon Ball Capsule Neo Cell, Kai version. They're on Vol. 2 (so it's easy to get the backlog). It's the new version of Z one with better colours.
If you don't now them, they're figures which represent the most charismatic scenes of Dragon Ball/Z/GT (8 cm, more or less, each one).
E2WPq.jpg

Wow! At first glance they look cheap, but the colors on them are magnificent.

eXistor

Totobeni said:
What? Slither is a genre classic and Tromeo & Juliet is one of the best Troma films there is. To each his own I guess.

Got this last week, forgot to post. If you don't know the game, it's Earth Defense Force 1 by its European name.

259euza.jpg

Fjordson

AOWZJ.jpg

Needed something to play for the rest of summer and something to read after A Dance With Dragons. Already put in 30 hours on New Vegas. Amazing game. Already bought the Honest Hearts and Old World Blues DLC's as well.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The_Darkest_Red said:
My wife convinced me to get a dog, I convinced her to name him Julius Belmont. A fair trade, if I do say so myself.
What is a dog? A miserable little pile of cuteness!

Onionkid

Recently picked up an NES + SMB1 for ten dollars at a local goodwill, so thought it'd be fun to start an NES games collection again. Found some common ones at a local gameshop on the cheap. (B2G1 deal made em even cheaper!)

Qy8Ahl.jpg

vitacola

omgkitty said:
I just picked up Contact for $5 the other day. The European box art is tons better than the US/Japan version.
Yeah, it looks better and it's almost as cheap :D

Pietepiet said:
Nice. Flower, Sun & Rain is incredible. Might be my favourite Grasshopper game.
I'm pretty exited about the game. Can't wait for the 3DS any longer ;)

dubc35

Onionkid said:
Recently picked up an NES + SMB1 for ten dollars at a local goodwill, so thought it'd be fun to start an NES games collection again. Found some common ones at a local gameshop on the cheap. (B2G1 deal made em even cheaper!)

http://i.imgur.com/Qy8Ahl.jpg
Nice! ....but now I have that metal on metal grind followed by "Blades of Steel" from the splash screen stuck in my head

Onionkid said:

Qy8Ahl.jpg
Got Rygar in my Playchoice-10, I really like the sound effects in that game, like the rhythm of sounds when you attack an enemy.

Think I will go pop that back in there...

Top Bottom