• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Shadow780

About damn time

45Vqdl.jpg

QcxAq.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
OG Game Boy is cool but it looks like some jerk wrote his name on it with a sharpie :/

omgkitty

KoruptData said:
Googled Miyamotos autograph and it looks legit.

What's really crazy is I have only seen a few things signed by Miyamoto, but I know exactly what it looks like haha Maybe it's the giant googly eyes he always signs.

omgkitty said:
What's really crazy is I have only seen a few things signed by Miyamoto, but I know exactly what it looks like haha Maybe it's the giant googly eyes he always signs.
It still has it, but it looks like he had to squish it down a bit to make room for the Mario face. Totally jealous, by the way.

omgkitty

AftAsher said:
LOL

Of course it's real, i have pics of that day!

He's a really nice guy :)

That's an awesome t-shirt. I like the pin on his jacket too. Actually I like the jacket as well. HAHA Miyamoto is so cool

Picked up Season 1 of YuYu Hakusho during Funimation's sale on Amazon:

QohrC.png

and the Romance Dawn reproduction that I've been waiting what seems like forever for:
(Wii remote for scale)

hqfvf.png

Page 1:

mDogW.png

They even reproduced the bleed through on the back of the color pages:

VJMsE.png

Close up:

jty6U.png

VGChampion said:
and the Romance Dawn reproduction that I've been waiting what seems like forever for:
(Wii remote for scale)
Oh wow, I'm crazy jealous!
I had no idea about this sort of item coming out, but that is really, really nice.

element

moop2000 said:
That is awesome to get off your back. I just finished paying off my car and I'm so glad to be rid of that burden.
It was double bad too. It was what was left from an engagement ring and I'm single. At least I have the ring.

Owzers

GEDC0015.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm not going to get a lot of figures, i'm aiming for just a few ones i really like to be on top my comic book case. Adam Hughes art inspired Catwoman is a great addition Xo.

GEDC0019.jpg
[/IMG]

And if you have a comic shelf you need comics, right? Casanova "Gula", I,Zombie vol 1 and Roger Langridge's Muppet Show vol 1.

GEDC0016.jpg
[/IMG]

Good apartment pet, it's cute but it begs for treats like crazy. ( the empty bowl isn't her regular food bowl, it's for treats/her to play with)

GEDC0018.jpg
[/IMG]

Obligatory Catherine shot, i'm pretty bad at the puzzles. Laptop is HP's new pavilion g4 llano A4 chip model. It's really cheap feeling, 14'', 4-6hrs of battery life, doesn't get too hot. I like it, though the 15.6'' hp A6 with a dedicated graphics card at best buy for $449 is making me jealous...i'd rather have 14'' though Xo

element said:
It was double bad too. It was what was left from an engagement ring and I'm single. At least I have the ring.

Ouch. Just out of curiosity, is it bad form to use that ring again if you decide to get married again to someone else?

This one was just completed as well...

Short story: Got Vic to sign and then this past Saturday, got Travis to sign. Saturday was also when I had Laura Bailey sign my copy of Catherine.

P1010290.jpg

kikori

Neo Member
moop2000 said:
Ouch. Just out of curiosity, is it bad form to use that ring again if you decide to get married again to someone else?
Yeah, they carry a lot weight figuratively speaking, and I don't think anybody would really want a ring of that significance that wasn't actually intended for them from the outset.

luiztfc

I guess this is my biggest pickup in recent times (aside from my car):

1 - D7000 w/ 18-105mm kit

DSC_1556.png

Such a beast for indoor shooting! I got a fast prime lens and all I have to do is occasionally bump up the ISO. However, I sold the 18-105 and bought a 35mm 1.8G and a 18-55mm ED II non VR version (I haven't received it yet).

2 - 35mm 1.8G DX

DSC_1558.png

Excellent lens, having a blast with it.

DigiMish

FloppyDelux said:
How awesome is this art book?

Pretty god damn awesome. 400 pages of not only concept art, pictures, etc. - but lots and lots of descriptions about everything - what they were thinking when they designed things, why it worked and didn't, and the of course the history of the game.

element

kikori said:
Yeah, they carry a lot weight figuratively speaking, and I don't think anybody would really want a ring of that significance that wasn't actually intended for them from the outset.
yeah. it is bad form. it sucks because their value is super inflated.

Anth0ny

VGChampion said:
(Wii remote for scale)

hqfvf.png

Page 1:

mDogW.png

They even reproduced the bleed through on the back of the color pages:

VJMsE.png

Close up:

jty6U.png

wat

Where can I get one. I need it. Now.

robot

Eco Fighters CPS2 Arcade Board!

Had no idea this game existed until seeing it for sale last week. Really fun shmup - horizontal view with a swinging arm/blaster mechanic. Really heavy "Clean the World" theme, apparently the concept was chosen from a fan submission contest Capcom held in the 90's. Has a Twinbee vibe, controls remind me of Forgotten Worlds.

0c0e0cb0.jpg

EVAWINGZERO

Neo Member
Wen't a little nuts this past weekend. Wandered into a random Gamestop and found some cheap DDR Games I didn't have. Also found a complete Gameboy Advance Gamecube Deal for 10$ complete with the disc (I have been wanting one for a while so total score). They also had one copy of the super Rad edition of Catherine left so I snagged it. Finally found Warpath in a Toys R Us near Tampa and I had to get a Butters to go with my Awesom-o Figure.
Loots.jpg

Can't wait to try out Catherine...

Top Bottom