• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

got my mobo and GPU today :D yeahh boii

ali6uq.jpg

Just need to buy a cpu and a case and im ready to build :D

0li41l.jpg

$170 for 3DS so yay for 20 free games. Also all the Zelda stuff was given to me for free when I purchased OoT3D from Gamestop. Woot for Zelda coin purse?

lR8rBl.jpg

NeoGAF represent.

pzaWWl.jpg

New bookbag for work. Old one had all kinds of holes in it.

d337Il.jpg

Dog isn't new, but she just wanted to be in the picture :)

O9oZvl.jpg

And lots of boxes purchased recently for shipping most of my things across the country.

Not sure where to post this, but I just purchased god of war 3 and uncharted 2 for ps3 and it got me to realizing I have missed a lot of killer games for ps3. Any ideas what games I should play? I've played almost none of the ps3 exclusive games.

Again off topic I applogize.

kikori

Neo Member
Short backstory: I've pretty much avoided fighting games my entire life, mainly because I've been terrible at them and never had the patience to do anything more than just get frustrated. A couple weeks ago, I was visiting a friend (and fellow GAFfer) and he sat me down in front of SSFIV with an arcade stick for an afternoon. Suffice it to say that within a couple days I had made a couple purchases which arrived this week:

zUkCw.jpg

I won't claim that I was anything other than terrible, but man, that game got its hooks in me.

picked this up this 47 minutes ago
252033_2265820922306_1152022642_2722649_6815240_n.jpg

Love it so far but those bastards at Gamestop didn't give me my pre-order DLC code, dont let them cheat you Overheat

MaizeRage25 said:
Already posted in the Camera Equipment thread, but I upgraded my camera:

6029916093_b59fbdd765_z.jpg

Now off to learn about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc.
congrats i have 7D too :) but i love this more than anything

OverHeat

« generous god »
Naked Prime said:
[IG]http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/252033_2265820922306_1152022642_2722649_6815240_n.jpg[/IMG]

Love it so far but those bastards at Gamestop didn't give me my pre-order DLC code, dont let them cheat you Overheat

Congrats !

Naked Prime said:
252033_2265820922306_1152022642_2722649_6815240_n.jpg

It's got some goop on it, you sure they didn't take it out of the case to play and then sell it to you "new"?

Atolm

Devin Olsen said:
Not sure where to post this, but I just purchased god of war 3 and uncharted 2 for ps3 and it got me to realizing I have missed a lot of killer games for ps3. Any ideas what games I should play? I've played almost none of the ps3 exclusive games.

I dunno what games you like, but at least almost all the games from Sony internal studios have very good production values, try inFAMOUS, Killzone 2&3, Little Big Planet 2, Demon's Souls.

rukland

OverHeat said:
Preorder this
wcbh20.jpg

Release date december 2011

Amazing pre-order as the proud owner of a couple of those, they are hands down the best pickups ever. Trying some days but so rewarding always.

Acrylic7

Good thing I made that lady check the price the system. $75 is a steal. This will hold me off since Sony wont release the beast in the US this year.

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

And some art stuff. I hate Strathmore. I'm a Canson person, but they dont sell Bristol in the Artist series, jerks.

DSC00527.jpg

Wow, I've been thinking about getting a Go but don't really want to pay over $100. $75 is an awesome price.

Cool to see people getting Shadow Wars with their 3DS, it's a cool game. It's probably too late at this point but it'd be great if it ended up slowly selling enough through word of mouth to warrant a sequel.

mblitek

Devin Olsen said:

Blasphemy! Well at least you picked two of the best! Definitely pick up Uncharted 1 and Resistance 1. Resistance 2 is also really good to me. Also, Killzone2 is amazing & KZ3 is really good.

Creativity wise you'll want to pickup LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2 and ModNation Racers.

What else...hmmm. Pretty much any PS3 exclusive is a good buy with excellent production values except Haze. Stay away from that.

Cheers

Acrylic7

Weenerz said:
$70 for a PSP Go, are they all that cheap or does it depend on the store? Target.com isn't selling them.

If you can find one, then they should be $70. Problem is that they stooped making them so finding one on Target.com wont work, they aren't even in the system.

They lady at the register had to call 3 people down because the SKU wasnt even in the system. The manager found the problem and it was $70 because it was on clearance and reduced price.
I'm pretty sure the only reason I got that one was because they found it lost in the back or something and had to put it on the shelf.

Good luck finding one in store. and if you do find one make sure to check the price at the register. The tags on the box's at Target are always lies. If you see one in any store make sure to get a price check. People rarely do proper price updates on their stuff.

kikori said:
Short backstory: I've pretty much avoided fighting games my entire life, mainly because I've been terrible at them and never had the patience to do anything more than just get frustrated. A couple weeks ago, I was visiting a friend (and fellow GAFfer) and he sat me down in front of SSFIV with an arcade stick for an afternoon. Suffice it to say that within a couple days I had made a couple purchases which arrived this week:

zUkCw.jpg

I won't claim that I was anything other than terrible, but man, that game got its hooks in me.
Awesome pickup. Enjoy it!

amarito69

Thanks!
Good games are expensive for sure but the hardware is so cool!

About,the Duo, i bought it already modded.I was looking for one for a while.

Top Bottom