• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Toxa

92145.jpg

92146.jpg

92147.jpg

My secondary BD player, I chose that one because it was cheap and especially it's Toshiba the main supporter of HD-DVD ... so good xD

oatmeal

Banned
Don't have a pic handy, but I just got Wave Race Blue Storm on Goozex.

Really excited about it. I loved it back in the day.

I think I liked the GameCube library more than any other system...

Maddness

Sylver said:
Dragon Ball Statue Pics

Man those statues seem so hit or miss. Mostly Goku. I love statues and would love to get some Dragon Ball ones, but I just can't take the plunge because of the quality.

I also want to start getting One Piece statues, but I have no idea where to even start. God I love that show.

Lourio

Maddness said:
Man those statues seem so hit or miss. Mostly Goku. I love statues and would love to get some Dragon Ball ones, but I just can't take the plunge because of the quality.

I also want to start getting One Piece statues, but I have no idea where to even start. God I love that show.

Check this thread over on the OT side. There's a couple of guys collecting One Piece statues; maybe they can point you in the right direction.

SUPARSTARX

Wallet just took a dent. Paid $200ish.

I've never had such a high quality of a toy in my hands. I have a Superman (Christopher Reeves) and I think there are preorders going up soon for the Batman Begins Bruce Wayne in prototype suit going up later this month.

201041711420796.jpg

IMG_20110809_172917.jpg

Ebay's gonna get hit hard!

The x120e was a little to small so I upgraded to the Lenovo Edge e220s. 12.5" screen Core i5, barely 3 lbs. Love it. Nice to be back on a Lenovo keyboard.

100_0471.jpg

100_0473.jpg

100_0474.jpg

100_0475.jpg

filipe

Picked up Desktop Dungeons. Wanted to buy the $75 version but it's sold out. Shouldn't have waited so long, but still, I bought the $20 version, give them a little extra money for all the time I've spent just playing the free version. I already see that this game is going to be my personal GOTY. I've played a lot of games this year, but this is the best by far.

S7j5W.jpg

vitacola

CoachKevin said:
The x120e was a little to small so I upgraded to the Lenovo Edge e220s. 12.5" screen Core i5, barely 3 lbs. Love it. Nice to be back on a Lenovo keyboard.
:(
Would you mind gifting me the x120e? :D

Takao

Banned
This came in via Canada Post:

IRKjb.jpg

Medarot DS: Kuwagata Version, and Kotobukiya KBT-10 M Gun Knows (dat Engrish) model kit.

Here's Gun Nose built:

pV11y.jpg

xFvi4.jpg

He's sssoooo cool, and Medarot DS is actually a tonne of fun if I can't understand a word (though I got to spell my name completely - so it's already better than Pokemon). Shame on you Natsume!

Sylver said:
Since I've got the 3DS I've bought some DS videogames.

PhOhu.jpg

Dragon Ball Kai (I think it does't work on Euro 3DS but I my sis has got a hacked DSi)
Dragon Ball Z Super Sonic Warriors 2
http://i.imgur.com/x3o4K.jpg[IMG]
Dragon Ball Origins
Dragon Ball Origins 2
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bbHNf.jpg[IMG]
Dragon Ball Goku Densetsu
Dragon Ball Attack of the Saiyans[/QUOTE]

Nice haul! Once you get around to the Origins games, talk about them [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436670]here[/url] since I don't want to be alone ... :(

I'll make a thread for Ultimate Butouden once I get my copy in a few days/ week. I might even make a thread promoting Attack of the Saiyans since no one on GAF played that game.

Excuse the shiftiness of this picture. I had to sure HDR mode to make sure I could get the computer and the screen all in the same shot.

gUit9.jpg

I need to find a better way to rig this up though. I'm thinking of setting the 360 on the floor next to the desk on a wood block so it's not right up against the carpet.

AbsoluteZero said:
Excuse the shiftiness of this picture. I had to sure HDR mode to make sure I could get the computer and the screen all in the same shot.

gUit9.jpg

I need to find a better way to rig this up though. I'm thinking of setting the 360 on the floor next to the desk on a wood block so it's not right up against the carpet.

What kind of shelf do you use to store games?

Chopper

Pandanaut said:
So on a whim because I've seen so many of you guys post the Kidrobot figures, my girlfriend decided to get one off of Amazon. Well...

http://i.imgur.com/GKJRA.jpg
Conglaturation man. That's awesome luck. Is there any chance you could post an image of the ratio chart on the box? They're surprisingly tricky to find via Google...!

amarito69

I have been recently on the retro gaming side with few AES neogeo games and also a pc engine duo modded rgb for using with a xrgb2.

oiZCHl.jpg

BG4ZSl.jpg

HmxtOl.jpg

amarito69 said:
I have been recently on the retro gaming side with few AES neogeo games and also a pc engine duo modded rgb for using with a xrgb2.

oiZCHl.jpg

BG4ZSl.jpg

HmxtOl.jpg
nice stuff. im a big retro guy myself. picking up an AES was a big thing for me...but damn the good games are amazingly expensive....

Acrylic7

I have seen tons of "the making of" movie books. I only buy them if they have tons of concept art.
The Jurassic Park book is full of Special effects stuff and mostly sculptures. Its still cool though.

W2Yyo.jpg

The latest Amazon arrivals. Ridge Racer is decent so far and I'm really looking forward to The IT Crowd. It's weird buying physical books now (love my Kindle), but there's no DD version of the Transformers book.

fgdO3.jpg

SuiY5.jpg

The new Manchester United away shirt for the coming season. Usually I get the home shirt but I really dug this design.

4qphK.jpg

Some stuff I got for my birthday. Love the Serenity cover, apparently there's a whole series of Blus with the comic style packaging but I already have all the other movies in the set I want.

CTUp5.jpg

More gifts. Really curious to see the Dresden Files TV series since I'm in the middle of the books ATM.

xfnqm.jpg

It wouldn't be a birthday in my family without gag gifts. The Sackboy is okay even though I don't have a PS3. I don't know what I'm going to do with the shirt, that one came out of left field.

theDeeDubs

My backlog wept. I went to Hastings because I had a jrpg itch and wanted to give FF13 another chance. I went there mainly to avoid the platinum hits packaging that I assumed I would get from Amazon. I somehow left with all these used games. Plus some movie and anime love from Amazon.

DSC_0471.jpg

sn0zc0r3

Neo Member
amarito69 said:

HmxtOl.jpg

Did you get your Duo modded or did you buy it pre-modded? I'm looking to get my Duo-RX modded one of these days and I need to find a reliable person to do it.

-Red_Mage- said:
My backlog wept. I went to Hastings because I had a jrpg itch and wanted to give FF13 another chance. I went there mainly to avoid the platinum hits packaging that I assumed I would get from Amazon. I somehow left with all these used games. Plus some movie and anime love from Amazon.

DSC_0471.jpg
Where do you get those clear DVD cases? I wouldn't mind replacing my entire Xbox collection with those. Way more appealing to the eye.

theDeeDubs

_dementia said:
Where do you get those clear DVD cases? I wouldn't mind replacing my entire Xbox collection with those. Way more appealing to the eye.

Shop4Tech. I get the 4-disc ones to allow for multiple disc releases. I have my entire Xbox collection in them and love how they look.

Sylver

Banned
Takao said:
Nice haul! Once you get around to the Origins games, talk about them here since I don't want to be alone ... :(

I'll make a thread for Ultimate Butouden once I get my copy in a few days/ week. I might even make a thread promoting Attack of the Saiyans since no one on GAF played that game.

Oh sure, I'm enjoying Kai -It's an awesome and very very funny, I can't understand why Bamco doesn't localize it to Europe :(- when I finisihed it I'm going to start Origins games then attack of the Sainyans.

On Topic:
gqkey.jpg

Pre-Ordered Blood-Rayne
Warhammer 40K Kill Team
Pre-Ordered Street Fighter III Online
Persona PSP.

TxdoHawk

TetraxShards said:
I don't know what I'm going to do with the shirt, that one came out of left field.
You're going to put it on and #win!

AbsoluteZero said:
This is awesome, it's a shame you need to drop a chunk of change on a goofy adaptor to do this with an iMac, though. I hear the new models with Thunderbolt are going to need all new adapters the way they work to do this, too. :| Apple should be making this as simple as one displaylink-to-HDMI cable and touting it as a feature for crowded college dorms, etc.

Acrylic7 said:
I'm patiently waiting for the flood of 3ds software.
Oh, snap!

filipe said:
Picked up Desktop Dungeons.
Thank you for unintentionally letting me know this is now out. I sank a loooooot of time into the first release way back when.

Pandanaut said:
So on a whim because I've seen so many of you guys post the Kidrobot figures, my girlfriend decided to get one off of Amazon. Well...
That is some awesome luck right there!

Top Bottom