• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BY2K said:
Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Secret of Mana alone must have cost you two arms and a leg.

I got Earthbound for $30 last 2006. :p

Got round to buying this yesterday. Really enjoying it so far.

DSC00310-1.jpg

Loxley

Heading to Philadelphia to visit my sister in a couple weeks, figured it was a good time pick up a new messenger bag since my old one is starting to get a little fugly, and was basically more "fashion over function" in terms of design.

This thing is great, easily the best one I've owned yet; definitely worth the higher price tag
($97.99)
and plenty of pockets. Should be great for long walking trips around Philly and NYC.

Loxley said:
Heading to Philadelphia to visit my sister in a couple weeks, figured it was a good time pick up a new messenger bag since my old one is starting to get a little fugly, and was basically more "fashion over function" in terms of design.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4213/dsc00193yz.jpg[IMG][/URL]

This thing is great, easily the best one I've owned yet; definitely worth the higher price tag [spoiler]($97.99)[/spoiler] and plenty of pockets. Should be great for long walking trips around Philly and NYC.[/QUOTE]
Can you show a shot of the interior?

Kalnos

Banned
BY2K said:
Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Secret of Mana alone must have cost you two arms and a leg.

None of them are particularly rare but Earthbound is the only one where the price gets a little much.

I still have quite a few games to buy that're expensive (Harvest Moon, Dracula X, Megaman X3..Megaman 7).

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
these just came in the mail a couple days ago still got 3 more coming in wonderboy in monster world, xmen, spiderman for genesis
photo.jpg

milkham

Showing my support for weird japanese games by adding to my ever growing backlog
6015512147_6a6dee826c_z.jpg

6015513341_070bac9423_z.jpg

In the end it wasn't an ipod, iphone or ipad that made me bite the bullet, it was the hard drive in my 4 year old hackintosh dying and my utter failure at rebuilding it with the latest os
6019734428_5f3d1e7596_z.jpg

Quick

Banned
My first post in this thread!

WbYU6.jpg
9TVJS.jpg

o8eJG.jpg

kert7.jpg

57MdY.jpg

1715Y.jpg

Arrested Development, 3:10 to Yuma, Apollo 13, Ceremony and The Maltese Falcon are my August pick-ups. All 3 AD seasons cost me $12.99 each at Future Shop. Awesome deal, I think.

The rest are July pick-ups.

Not pictured: OS X Lion and clothes.

Beth Cyra

Quick said:

Arrested Development, 3:10 to Yuma, Apollo 13, Ceremony and The Maltese Falcon are my August pick-ups. All 3 AD seasons cost me $12.99 each at Future Shop. Awesome deal, I think.

God I love that Wing Gundam, so much better then the original. Still very fond of Zero EW, but Wing EW certainly gives it a run to me.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
284459_10100233780563840_16907981_47685422_5854727_n.jpg

Picked this up for a friend the other day. Only popped it in to make sure it worked on a US 3DS for like 5 minutes and I still have the music stuck in my head.

Quick said:

What? They made a MG of Wing Zero Ver. Ka? Crazy, I never knew that. Granted, I've been out of the scene for a long time.

Beth Cyra

Foxtastical said:
What? They made a MG of Wing Zero Ver. Ka? Crazy, I never knew that. Granted, I've been out of the scene for a long time.
That's the second, well really it's just pretty much a repackage of Ver. Ka box and their now selling it as the EW Ver to go along with ther Ver. KA/EW suits to go with the Manga Remake/Telling of Wing TV.

speedline

Banned
Rygar 8 Bit said:
these just came in the mail a couple days ago still got 3 more coming in wonderboy in monster world, xmen, spiderman for genesis
photo.jpg

OMG Tag Team Wrestling was my first NES game besides the SM/DH pack-in. I played it for months straight until christmas that year. awesome.

Just got this new little addition to the family :D

She's 2 months old. I'm having a super hard time coming up with a good name though. :|

W0LLY.jpg

Quick

Banned
Foxtastical said:

To be completely honest, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I only decided to buy Gundams recently (and learned about the different grades), after having not done so in years. Even back then, I just bought the cheap ones available from Gundam Wing or G Gundam. Those ones were sadly lost.

For anyone interested in buying Gundams and have a healthy selection to choose from in Toronto, Anime Xtreme has a shitload of them (literally a wall of them). I bought 3/4 of those ones at Silver Snail, though.

wilflare

Penguin nerd said:
Just got this new little addition to the family :D

She's 2 months old. I'm having a super hard time coming up with a good name though. :|

W0LLY.jpg

how about Sparkle?
her eyes are beautiful :D

Synless

Loxley said:

This thing is great, easily the best one I've owned yet; definitely worth the higher price tag
($97.99)
and plenty of pockets. Should be great for long walking trips around Philly and NYC.
What bag is this? I can't find that color on the website.

Asparagus

Loxley said:

($97.99)
Damn, that is a really nice looking bag. I'm thinking of buying a new one myself, might have to pick one up assuming I can find one in the UK...

element said:
I didn't buy anything, but I just paid off $2000 in debt. So nice to get that off my back.

That is awesome to get off your back. I just finished paying off my car and I'm so glad to be rid of that burden.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
galactus_eat_world said:
http://a.yfrog.com/img738/7597/apiny.jpg[IMG]

Just need a famicom now.[/QUOTE]
Those must've cost a pretty penny! I've been gathering up the PSX complete works versions (2 more to go) but I'd love to have the carts someday.

TxdoHawk

Loxley said:

snip

($97.99)

That is really nice, as others have mentioned. You can certainly do a lot worse price-wise...

element said:
I didn't buy anything, but I just paid off $2000 in debt. So nice to get that off my back.

You may literally have nothing to show for it, and it may not be sexy, but good on you, man! Paying off debt is one of the smartest investments one can make in themselves.

Nintendoll said:
picked 'em up at comic-con, stoked on guile's dolph lundgren-esque face.

These really are great. Some of the little details (like Ryu's messy hair) are just fantastic, I'm glad some care was put into the design of these.

Kind of want a second one...but I have terrible luck, so I'll just get another Ryu.

G-Fex

joJB6l.jpg

I've finally completed my last piece in my classic gaming collection. The most expensive I've paid so far and the last console I needed. With it three games I've yet to try.

Top Bottom