• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

glaurung

kemalettin said:
_MG_1953.jpg
Holy shit, gaffers now own RED cameras.

What an insane world.

Also epic.

Acrylic7

lol
I just realized I need a router to access the internet on a psp. I'm fucked until my paycheck.

why does Sony complicate things? why cant I just connect this thing to my ps3 and download away?
Been tinkering with this thing for 2 hours. I feel kinda ripped off.

glaurung

Acrylic7 said:
lol
I just realized I need a router to access the internet on a psp. I'm fucked until my paycheck.

why does Sony complicate things? why cant I just connect this thing to my ps3 and download away?
Been tinkering with this thing for 2 hours. I feel kinda ripped off.
You can download the stuff onto PS3 and then copy it to your PSP.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Acrylic7

hot damn, even when I've connected my pspgo directly to my PC I still cannot connect without a router? wtf?
someone please tell me I'm just doing this wrong.

Flek

Banned
it really is baby gaf pickup thread this month? I also got a preorder on one of them…the sell out quick !

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
6030638926_831391b6fc_z.jpg

All of the guides were a penny shipped to my door. Can't beat that! Got a couple spares for a friend, and to trade for other penny guides I've missed out on.

I PM'd Best Buy's outlet price, and snagged Borderlands GOTY for $10.

And Dissidia 2 was $5 shipped to my door after using a $5 RZ certificate at Best Buy.

6031771672_687564a80f_z.jpg

$8.7x at Target. Not certain if I'm gonna keep this one or not. Might snag the Club Nintendo code then throw it on Craigslist. Thoughts? I loved the GCN version, but it got pretty boring after 30 hrs or so. Don't know if I need more of the same.

6018418937_051d2d7685_z.jpg

Girlfriend picked these two tops for me from the Nintendo World Store in New York. Pretty freaking awesome. I *love* the Zelda shirt. She grabbed herself a "This Princess Saves Herself" T-shirt with a Peach screen.

6031215179_1103d36441_z.jpg

$40 MSRP - 15% discount - 20% promo code - $10 in referral credit = $17. Awesome!

6031215237_91a26bb1cb_z.jpg

... But I spent $6.99 on this. Drats! $2 more than it was a few weeks ago on Steam; but I finally decided I wanted to give it a shot.

6031771994_3824291a15.jpg

Wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping it would be.

Takao

Banned
Acrylic7 said:
hot damn, even when I've connected my pspgo directly to my PC I still cannot connect without a router? wtf?

Connect to what exactly? To PSN? You're going to have to download MediaGo. If you have a PS3, just use that to navigate the store and buy content.

Onionkid

Earlier today my new computer parts arrived!

wGs7ol.jpg

6z9zll.jpg

AhBT5l.jpg

New PSU, mobo and CPU cooler along with a 460 GTX (figure this'll hold me over til the new cards come out), 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM and an Intel i5 2500k CPU! Finally about to seriously get into Dolphin emulation, not to mention it'll be nice to actually be able to play half the Steam games I've bought ^.^

milkham

Acrylic7 said:

what are you trying to do? if you want to transfer psn content onto it just buy and download with your ps3, plug your psp into ps3, and transfer it to psp over usb

Weenerz

Banned
milkham said:
what are you trying to do? if you want to transfer psn content onto it just buy and download with your ps3, plug your psp into ps3, and transfer it to psp over usb

Think he is just trying to get his PSP Go on his router so he can buy games without having to jump through hoops, which is understandable.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Mirror's Edge:

MirrorsEdge.png

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition:

DeusExHR.png

Deus Ex 1:

DeusEx1.png

Ferragamo Shoes:

Not Pictured:

Anges B Sport T-shirt (Bright Yellow) :D

blizzardjesus said:
I want this, I'm gonna hold off till all sections are released.

I get that, but buying them piecemeal as they are released is keeping my wallet from committing suicide.

Eteric Rice said:
Where do you find these? Do you just buy them online or something?

Yeah, online and also I've been finding some of them at flea markets and stuff.

4jyiH.jpg

Some games.
  • Might and Magic: The Secret of the Inner Sanctum
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra
  • Might and Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen
  • Might and Magic V: Darkside of Xeen
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

WxTM1.jpg

A couple of books.

JO5FJ.jpg

A new needle.

SXd8E.jpg

A few records.

Number45

Weenerz said:
Think he is just trying to get his PSP Go on his router so he can buy games without having to jump through hoops, which is understandable.
If he had a router, which apparently he doesn't. So yeah MediaGo or download and transfer through the PS3 is the way to go, unless you have a mobile device that can act as a wireless hot-spot (recent versions of Android have this built in I believe).

aristotle

Number45 said:
If he had a router, which apparently he doesn't. So yeah MediaGo or download and transfer through the PS3 is the way to go, unless you have a mobile device that can act as a wireless hot-spot (recent versions of Android have this built in I believe).

I'm not sure about the Go, but regular PSPs can use the PS3 as a hotspot as long as they're linked. I don't see why he has to get a router at all. Sorry for the derail.

Onionkid said:
Earlier today my new computer parts arrived!

wGs7ol.jpg

6z9zll.jpg

AhBT5l.jpg

New PSU, mobo and CPU cooler along with a 460 GTX (figure this'll hold me over til the new cards come out), 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM and an Intel i5 2500k CPU! Finally about to seriously get into Dolphin emulation, not to mention it'll be nice to actually be able to play half the Steam games I've bought ^.^

Nice pickup. Similar setup to what I (and a lot of other people have now)

Dolphin should run really good for you. SMG2 in 720p is great :)

Number45

aristotle said:
I'm not sure about the Go, but regular PSPs can use the PS3 as a hotspot as long as they're linked. I don't see why he has to get a router at all. Sorry for the derail.
I had no idea you could do that, despite the obvious "PLAYSTATION3" hotspot showing up when you connect from the PSP. >_<

BFIB

Somedays it seems fate is on my side. Been having the itch to pick up an old GameBoy and replay some of my favorites from my childhood. The neighbors down the road had a yard sale, and lo and behold, picked this up for $2, and the game for $1.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic:

2j0h5pj.jpg

nemss said:
Somedays it seems fate is on my side. Been having the itch to pick up an old GameBoy and replay some of my favorites from my childhood. The neighbors down the road had a yard sale, and lo and behold, picked this up for $2, and the game for $1.

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2j0h5pj.jpg
Awesome. I've been on a classic Game Boy kick myself, rediscovering the system. I missed some real classics in my youth.

PalaceBrother said:
What are these things? I've had three of them (the three in the back row on the left) for close to thirty years and I never knew anything about them.

They are part of a line of toys released in the late 70's and early 80's that were licensed from Japanese cartoons at the time. The one that fits into this sort of robot toy category that people would recognize would be Voltron. Here's info on your particular toys, Shogun Warriors:

http://www.wildtoys.com/shogun/index.asp

If you look on the left hand column you can see them. If you want to sell 'em I may be interested.

Za23

qkbx0.jpg

I got my giant AR card from Club Nintendo, imported the Last Window (Great game), some Shure headphones, and Mercenaries 3D.

p48UFe

Got a 3DS from Walmart, gonna go tomorrow to get the difference back in what I paid. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D are from Costco, and Final Fantasy XIII is from GameStop. Really digging the 3DS.

Acrylic7

aristotle said:
thast what I'm still trying to do. Nothing pops up.
This is ass backwards.

mkenyon

Banned
ANJvl.jpg

iPad 2 was last month, smartcover is new. PSPGo, fully unisleeved cables for my Seasonic X750, and 2 PAX 3 day badges.

Sethos

Banned
My new bike, couldn't get far enough back for a full-view shot.

GBNqV.png

And a helmet for when going off-road

BZU6Y.png

And a few parts to upgrade my ole' dying i7 940 machine.

DQLGE.png

SpPY5.png

tzfHS.png

Top Bottom