• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

HildyB

PAX PAX PAX! Hope this comes through, first time linking to Picassa...

IMG_0252.jpg

zmet

Latest haul:

Blazeon Soundtrack (contains arcade and Super Famicom/SNES tunes) and Pocky & Rocky 2 (loose)
ag4.jpg

Norante said:
The hell? Are you in the movie industry? That cost a lot of Washingtons :eek:
yes im in industry..
its Epic-M :) not used in Avatar.its on Amazing Spider Man, the hobbit...
shoots 5K video..(96fps) 5D Mark II shoot 5fps photograph..do the math

kemalettin said:
yes im in industry..

What are you planning on shooting with it? Anything on a professional level or more for your hobby, albeit a very expensive one?

SUPARSTARX

Aww shiet, just got a preorder on the new Hot Toys Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne 12" fig. So excited! But it doesn't ship until October. :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SUPARSTARX said:
Aww shiet, just got a preorder on the new Hot Toys Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne 12" fig. So excited! But it doesn't ship until October. :(
I would never spend hot toys money for something.

...Until they announce a Batman Beyond or Beta Ray Bill.

Borman

kemalettin said:
yes im in industry..

Film Riot people are playing with a RED camera as well....looking forward to it

Mascot

Machine said:

Yep, that's mine. Bought the machined aluminium base from US, the electronic components from Germany, the circuit board from the UK and the Nixie tubes from Ukraine and Russia. A lazy day's careful soldering, and hey presto..! It's a few years old now but I think all the bits cost around £300.

Got a one-off customised Cyclox (single-digit nixie clock) as well if anyone's interested in seeing that. Got a new tube for it in the same shipment so it does qualify as an August pick-up..!

Edit: old photos of my customised Cyclox:

cyclox2highiw1.jpg

cyclox2reargt3.jpg

Borman

Mascot said:
Yep, that's mine. Bought the machined aluminium base from US, the electronic components from Germany, the circuit board from the UK and the Nixie tubes from Ukraine and Russia. A lazy day's careful soldering, and hey presto..! It's a few years old now but I think all the bits cost around £300.

Got a one-off customised Cyclox (single-digit nixie clock) as well if anyone's interested in seeing that. Got a new tube for it in the same shipment so it does qualify as an August pick-up..!

Edit: old photos of my customised Cyclox:

Did you post these in a thread when you originally got them? I remember loving them then. Still want one.

Wario64 said:
Where was Darksiders/HAWX2 on sale at? I know the other 2 were from Origin/Amazon
Target. Borderlands GOTY was on clearance for $7.48 but no stores around me had it in stock. If anyone scores an extra let me know!

Lombax said:
are they re-issuing all the Constructicons? If so where can I find details?

They actually are re-issuing the Gen 1 Constructicons, you can pre-order here at BBTS.

This, on the other hand is the first of 6 3rd party Transformers that fall into the realm of KO but aren't really because they engineer them on their own and manufacture them on their own. If you go to BBTS and look up Exgraver you can see this one. The general consensus on this one is that it will stand between 12"-16" tall when it is complete. That's just fucking awesome. It is expensive though as when all is said and done it will be over $600 for it. They are releasing each figure staggered though so that $600 will be spread out over about 8 months.

also not my image but you can see the scale of it here:
dev03.jpg

I generally only post in here when I get something super awesome so here it comes.

001.JPG

003.JPG

As far as I know this is the last complete track that Nujabes produced before his unfortunate death. Although there could still be unreleased tracks hanging around in his archives. It was a fairly limited pressing so I had to pay an absurd amount to a guy from Japan on Discogs to get it as by the time I realized it was on sale it was sold out.

002.JPG

004.JPG

Nothing super special about this one, just another vinyl to get me closer to my goal of a complete Hydeout Productions collection. I got it from hydeout-tribe and used the post forwarding company tenso.com as I'm not aware of it being available anywhere outside Japan in physical form.

(My crappy camera doesn't really do the sleeve art justice)

These are some things I picked up recently. I've picked up a ton more stuff, but I just haven't taken pics.

The art is original and picked up at a con.
IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

The standee was given to me by a buddy that works at a game store. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it since I have basically no room for it. I have another standee at my mom's place in her attic. That's probably where this one's headed.

Lombax

Banned
moop2000 said:
They actually are re-issuing the Gen 1 Constructicons, you can pre-order here at BBTS.

This, on the other hand is the first of 6 3rd party Transformers that fall into the realm of KO but aren't really because they engineer them on their own and manufacture them on their own. If you go to BBTS and look up Exgraver you can see this one. The general consensus on this one is that it will stand between 12"-16" tall when it is complete. That's just fucking awesome. It is expensive though as when all is said and done it will be over $600 for it. They are releasing each figure staggered though so that $600 will be spread out over about 8 months.

also not my image but you can see the scale of it here:
devpic.jpg

thank you very much for the info.

Kambing

Was really surprised to find this bad boy for sale... Pioneer Kuro 500m.

DSC_1722.jpg

Super satisfied with its performance over my previous monitor/display. Those blacks man, those blacks.

Shuusui

Wormdundee said:
I generally only post in here when I get something super awesome so here it comes.

001.JPG

003.JPG

As far as I know this is the last complete track that Nujabes produced before his unfortunate death. Although there could still be unreleased tracks hanging around in his archives. It was a fairly limited pressing so I had to pay an absurd amount to a guy from Japan on Discogs to get it as by the time I realized it was on sale it was sold out.

002.JPG

004.JPG

Nothing super special about this one, just another vinyl to get me closer to my goal of a complete Hydeout Productions collection. I got it from hydeout-tribe and used the post forwarding company tenso.com as I'm not aware of it being available anywhere outside Japan in physical form.

(My crappy camera doesn't really do the sleeve art justice)
I'm so, so, SO incredibly jealous. That looks AMAZING!

rvy

Banned
Kambing said:
Was really surprised to find this bad boy for sale... Pioneer Kuro 500m.

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/JeremyBramble/DSC_1722.jpg[IMG]

Super satisfied with its performance over my previous monitor/display. Those blacks man, those blacks.[/QUOTE]
I know I said I hated you, but I'm just jealous :(

Awesome, awesome purchase. Enjoy it.

mblitek

MortalMonkey said:
These are some things I picked up recently. I've picked up a ton more stuff, but I just haven't taken pics.

The art is original and picked up at a con.

IMG_3539.jpg

The standee was given to me by a buddy that works at a game store. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it since I have basically no room for it. I have another standee at my mom's place in her attic. That's probably where this one's headed.

Are all your games there still in the original plastic wrap :eek: !?

Kambing

rvy said:
I know I said I hated you, but I'm just jealous :(

Awesome, awesome purchase. Enjoy it.

LOL, i just saw your post from the other thread! All good man =)

Yeah, it really surpassed my ridiculously high expectation. You should look around locally for the TV, that is what i did, and i was not even PLANNING on buying, just looking lol. I purchased the TV for around half of Panasonic's Vt30's MSRP.

Cptkrush

MortalMonkey said:

IMG_3539.jpg

Jesus, 3 copies of Red Dead? Now I feel really bad for trading my copy in...

Loxley said:
I don't recognize the signature, but is that by Humberto Ramos? Looks a lot like his style.
Yeah, that's Humberto's work. I'm gonna go back tomorrow to try and get another piece by him. What should I ask him for?

Top Bottom