• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Netto-kun

I thought Grandia Xtreme and III were used copies until I noticed the factory seal on those. And the games were dirt cheap!
SSL22347.jpg

Picked up this one as well, though I'll just finish the PC version whenever I have the time.
SSL22349.jpg

First 3DS game. But I am still going to wait with buying a 3DS, especially if the rumor regarding a new model with a 2nd analog slide pad turns out to be true.
SSL22348.jpg

33bpshy.jpg

After wading in the waters of the Whirlpool Rapids, Instinct took over as we headed to a Canadian 7-11, inside the glorious acrylic slurpee cup which was filled with AMP Slurpee. Mike spotted the Pickle Doritos which have been out of production for over 3 years. Since their prices were high we took a pilgrimage to the Walmart in FT. ERIE, where I purchased several more bags and a variety of sensual cadbury products. The Reese cups have Limited Edition Fudge Chocolate. Not pictured: 6 donuts and 2 croissants from a donut shop owned by a Chinese man, they were also delicious.
That day could not have been more successful.

27xqd54.jpg

Also Buddy of mine picked up Landshark for me from some toy shop near the Jersey Shore.

Jockel

Tenck said:
Wow wow wow wow wow!!

Earthbound?!?!?! Are you serious?! Where did you get it without losing an arm and a leg?
I had to cough up 220USD for all the SNES / SFC games pictured.
Not exactly cheap, but reasonable prices; considering Earthbound alone costs that much on ebay Germany.
conBlack said:
Very nice and major props for getting "Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru". Too bad they never released the announced DX version for GBC ;(.
Thanks a lot, I'm a huge Zelda / Nintendo nut so I had to have it.
_dementia said:
edit: I picked up a boxed Hoshi no Kirby 2 last month as well! The original was my first GB game, but I hadn't got around to playing the sequel until now.
Heh, I only paid 100yen for it ;3
It's a pretty neat little game.

Edit: oh and to whoever asked what the game in the bottom left corner was, it's Super Nazo Puyo or something like that. I expected a normal Puyo game, but it's actually a puzzle-mode variant where you run around and talk to people. Weird stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRKJL9TEiM

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
blizzardjesus said:
27xqd54.jpg

Also Buddy of mine picked up Landshark for me from some toy shop near the Jersey Shore.
Oh man, I remember getting that on my 6th birthday. Radness.
So I can do this with my loose games

XwlqN.jpg
Hot. Though I imagine they'd look even better in some nice clear or white DVD cases.

Aliens Books (Earth Hive, Nightmare Asylum, and The Female War)
92ce4466.jpg

Slaughterhouse-Five
049e9697.jpg

House on Blu-ray
27f271d7.jpg

Moon
5caa550b.jpg

Che (blu-ray) + Search ResultsThe Motorcycle Diaries
3b6b7096.jpg

J Horror Anthology: Underworld
f2f79325.jpg

The Locker and The Locker 2
8be060cb.jpg

Muramasa: The Demon Blade + One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
34ee3c5f.jpg

The Ring: Terror's Realm
203a7a35.jpg

Lime Green Gamboy Color
60f5fa27.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
fef5707f.jpg

Dead or Alive Dimensions
27cd1e22.jpg

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light
c3c44a18.jpg

Borderlands
a3d7e7b4.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (with Amazon pre-order slip case) + Kingdom Hearts Re:coded
f6eab78a.jpg

inner-G

Banned
Got a truly epic deal off of craigslist for $20 today.

Saw a blurry phone pic ad for 'Around 8 NES games'.

Went to buy them and found (mostly RPGs) complete in box. So bought for $20!

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuzxg.jpg

inner-G said:

Amazing find!

Cheska

Got this whole set for $5. Now, after seeing how much they're worth individually I'm totally selling them lol :p

b341cc2d.jpg

The rest of my haul.

3741e71a.jpg

inner-G said:

http://i.imgur.com/Fuzxg.jpg

Awesome!! That's epic indeed!!

Seeing Castlequest reminds me of my father playing it during my young age. It was so hard, the game came with a complete map and various walkthrough paths.

Tenck

Jockel said:
I had to cough up 220USD for all the SNES / SFC games pictured.
Not exactly cheap, but reasonable prices; considering Earthbound alone costs that much on ebay Germany.

I've never been more jealous of someone in my life. I started playing Earthbound this year and I absolutely love it. I honestly don't get why some people here say it's outdated and over-hyped.

I haven't experienced one thing that I haven't liked in that game.

LestradeTGQ

Neo Member
Those Intense Pickle Doritos are particularly awesome, especially if you are suffering some major lust for the dust. They are surprisingly subtle, given the name.

Mithos

Gold Member
Typographenia said:
It's Arkham Asylum 2.0!
Is that typical to buy a game with that many stickers on it? That seems like overkill. Just a little bit.
The game is still sealed, so I would guess the stickers are on that plastic cover, see the PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 going across the box above the PL and Eidos logos.

Negaiido said:
I think that those stickers are detachable.
Mithos said:
The game is still sealed, so I would guess the stickers are on that plastic cover, see the PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 going across the box above the PL and Eidos logos.
No, I understand that they're not actually printed on there, but I was just shocked at how much information overload is going on there. I've never seen a brand new title with that many stickers on it at release, and I just wondered if it were common where hey live.

Also, pickle doritos? What the heck is going on?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Mexx said:
Finally!
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5691/c36020110825143702.jpg[/QUOTE]

LOL

At least it seems the stickers are on the case plastic wrap ( since I see the "ps3 ps3 ps3 ps3" line of the plastic wrap)and not the case itself so it's fine I hope.

FloppyDelux said:
Need more info please.
They're from Canada. They were available 4 years ago then they stopped making them, they got re-released this month. If you live near the border it should be easy to get them. I'm not sure if anyone sells them online.

Regular pickle chips are very sharp, similar to Salt n Vinegar. The Doritos version is alot smoother, almost like a mix between the vinegar and a cool ranch w/ a little bit of kosher dill flavor.

Lerozz

isny said:
That Bruce Lee set is tempting, even at 35 euros...

Does it include English subs? And how is the PQ?

Only subs are in german. But you get english dubbing anyways. Also cantonese.

Just got it from the mail, watching "Way of the Dragon". There is some blur here and there especially at the beginning (most likely due to the source material ?) but it gets better and looks really good (defo better than the DVDs). Not as stunning as the "Taxi Driver" transfer though for example.

Final Fantasy shirt from teefury (would have preferred a FFIX one, but I can't pass up a samurai design combined with Final Fantasy)
aB0Hg.jpg

Humphrey Bogart blu-ray goodness
Givah.jpg

chemicals

inner-G said:

FAXANADU! One of my favorite NES games!

Top Bottom