• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

G-Fex

BEHOLD! A bunch of games well worth the money I paid for them.

FMFXMl.jpg

kafka rock opera said:
Got a good deal on Odst(10 bucks) and the mario galaxy(6.24) at target. Thought id share and give a heads up to everyone else. You will have to act fast to get galaxy before they fix the old markdown price

Did you do anything special to get Galaxy at that price? (Ask someone, tell them about the deal, etc.)

Aomori said:
Did you do anything special to get Galaxy at that price? (Ask someone, tell them about the deal, etc.)
I actually work at target so i just keep my eye out for when they mark stuff down. What i suspect happened is that our system hasn't been updated to know that mario galaxy 1 is now set at the 20 dollar price point. since that doesn't officially happen till next week. Now we haven't had mario galaxy 1 in stock for a long ass time so it was clearanced out months ago originally. so when it came back in our system flagged it as clearance to be marked. It should be updated by next week id imagine or possibly sooner.

kafka rock opera said:
I actually work at target so i just keep my eye out for when they mark stuff down. What i suspect happened is that our system hasn't been updated to know that mario galaxy 1 is now set at the 20 dollar price point. since that doesn't officially happen till next week. Now we haven't had mario galaxy 1 in stock for a long ass time so it was clearanced out months ago originally. so when it came back in our system flagged it as clearance to be marked. It should be updated by next week id imagine or possibly sooner.

I'm gonna go to my local Target tonight and hopefully snatch it up. They'd better have it. Thanks for the heads up!

Aomori said:
I'm gonna go to my local Target tonight and hopefully snatch it up. They'd better have it. Thanks for the heads up!
No worries. We only had one by the time i noticed it though. It really just depends on if it was clearanced out originally at the store you live by. I have a hunch that paper mario might be marked down at some too but we didnt have any at mine :*(

kafka rock opera said:
No worries. We only had one by the time i noticed it though. It really just depends on if it was clearanced out originally at the store you live by. I have a hunch that paper mario might be marked down at some too but we didnt have any at mine :*(
Ah, I hope it was! I don't ever really check for games at Target, so I have no clue.

Cool name, by the way.

MisterNoisy said:
Already posted in the 'I need a new PC' thread, but I did technically pick it up (the parts anyway) this month:

FiVko.jpg

New PC!
What kind of case did you get? It looks like you have a lot of room in that one. :) What are the specs of the PC?

MisterNoisy

Big Papa Husker said:
What kind of case did you get? It looks like you have a lot of room in that one. :) What are the specs of the PC?

The case is the NZXT Phantom, and yea - it's pretty big.

Specs:

Core i5-2500K
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600/CL9
ASUS ENGTX570
Corsair Nova2 60GB SSD + Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
NZXT Hale90 750W PSU

ChryZ

Samsung Galaxy S2, such a great device. Love it!
icoidXMOa.jpg

Ghost in the Shell PS1/JP, I doubt they'll ever re-release it with all its licensed music, good to have a mint copy for safekeeping, finally I can play the game with the original voice acting
icfD7cKfI.jpg

kafka rock opera said:

I personally need to check my local Sears to see if they have any copies of Super Paper Mario left. Between them and K-Mart they seem to have games that are out of print LONG after they've become as such.

Shadybiz

Picked this up last week; just started playing, and I'm trying to get a "Green Day" type sound. This has worked pretty well for that.

IMAG0108.jpg

Acrylic7 said:
Oh yes

please tell me where you got that Gengar Shirt.
please.
Unlike the Saturn Tee it's not officially licensed. I got it from here:
http://dappleapparel.spreadshirt.com/-I11441426

Dreweyes said:
I need both of those!
See above for Gengar. The Cospa Sega Saturn shirt has been out of print for a year or so and it looks like a got the last one from NCSX :(
I'll keep an eye out, but I haven't seen anywhere with them in stock.

ChryZ said:
Samsung Galaxy S2, such a great device. Love it!

Ghost in the Shell PS1/JP, I doubt they'll ever re-release it with all its licensed music, good to have a mint copy for safekeeping, finally I can play the game with the original voice acting
What camera did you use to take those pictures?

Edit:

Also what the hell, my first ever contribution to this thread.

ECgh1.jpg

ChryZ said:
icfD7cKfI.jpg
Great cover art on it, looks great.

ChryZ

Lostconfused said:
What camera did you use to take those pictures?
The SGS2 picture was taken with a Lumix GF1 + Panasonic 20mm F1.7 pancake lens, the GitS one with a Lumix G3 + Voigtländer Nokton 25mm F0.95 lens.

ResidentDante said:
Great cover art on it, looks great.
Yeah, the game isn't going on the shelf any soon. Gotta love Masamune Shirow. I'm having it on display here :D

pickup201107c.jpg

Hyper Viper (C64), Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81: The Chikyuu Boueigun 2, Fruit Fall, Outrun Cost 2 Cost (PS2) and Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection (PSP).

pickup201108a.jpg

Some cheap DS games.

Takao

Banned
neopokekun said:
pickup201107c.jpg

Hyper Viper (C64), Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81: The Chikyuu Boueigun 2, Fruit Fall, Outrun Cost 2 Cost (PS2) and Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection (PSP).

EDF 2 was localized in Europe, wasn't it? Any reason you went after a Japanese copy?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Only SF3 this month:

SF3.jpg

After all these years of not playing, I only miss 1-3 balls in the basketball parrying bonus round. :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
2ld7u9v.jpg

32GB HP TouchPad (DroidPad soon *fingers crossed*) - $150 (Hooray Fire Sale)
Kodak Mini Video Camera - $25 (Toys R' Us Clearance)
Sharp FX - FREE (renew AT&T contract, nice looking phone, free, no extra charges)
Create (PS3) - $8 (Toys R' Us Clearance)
TV Superstars - $8 (Toys R' Us Clearance)

4ucqqr.jpg

Sharp FX (up close)

24y2zb9.jpg

My new TT (Tech Toy)

J-Roderton

Shadybiz said:
Picked this up last week; just started playing, and I'm trying to get a "Green Day" type sound. This has worked pretty well for that.

IMAG0108.jpg

Can that pedal get any deeper tones than that? I was looking at one of these. Would you happen to know how it differs from the DS-1 pedal?

Top Bottom