• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

_dementia said:
9eAiF.jpg

Two awesome game shirts.
I'm too self conscious to wear them in public, but I LOVE them!

SEGA SATAAN~ SHIROOOOOO

milkham

August has been kind of epic so far

Commercial failures in my favor
6080248941_1b643d3195_b.jpg

the mac behind that is also new, and I picked up a sony dash also but that POS doesn't deserve a picture.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
zephervack said:
Just got my Canon EF 24-105mm replica coffee mug, pretty good i think.

R0APV.jpg
[/IMG]

Amazing. That should be good for a couple double-takes during every visit to the coffee shop.

Also, I want your lens. Bad.

aidan said:
Amazing. That should be good for a couple double-takes during every visit to the coffee shop.

Also, I want your lens. Bad.

Thanks, i own 4 lenses and this is the one i use probably 85% of the time, amazing lens, i hope you get to pick it up soon.

Saroyan

Here are my August pickups so far.
I skipped over most of the PS2 rpgs because I was playing FFXI pretty heavily when they came out. I've never played any Persona games, but based on all the praise they get here I decided to pick up P3FES and P4, I also grabbed Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 since I bought Qoga and figured I should have the whole series. I only ever had 1 memory card for my PS2 and it was full, luckily I found one at Best Buy on clearance for 10 bucks!
7TL1v.jpg

Also been getting back into the Wii lately, picked up a couple of gamecube controllers and a bunch of games, still need to find a nice copy of Wind Waker for a good price.

Also got Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and the fightstick just arrived today, my first arcade stick since the PS1 days, very nice and really cheap on Amazon right now. I have a Wii classic controller to USB adapter coming for it so I can use it on my PC and PS3 too.
dg6x2.jpg

xnbeq.jpg

Added further to my RPG backlog, haven't played it yet but its the Gamestop edition with the art book, nice little set.
GnGwD.jpg

And last but not least Nintendo's price drop and ambassador games got me to buy a 3DS even though I hadn't intended to, hehe.
coT6K.jpg

Bougt the Layton games, Picross 3D and a case for my 3DS during Amazon's sale. Re-bought the Layton games as I plan to give my old DS and the Layton games to my mother. First game she has shown an interest in since Tennis on the Atari.

Horrible at rhythm games but couldn't pass up Rhythm Heaven for $4 new. Postal Service album to justify the $5 shipping fee on a $4 game.

HP Touchpad - $90.31!

0xdAn.jpg

whatsinaname said:
Bougt the Layton games, Picross 3D and a case for my 3DS during Amazon's sale. Re-bought the Layton games as I plan to give my old DS and the Layton games to my mother. First game she has shown an interest in since Tennis on the Atari.

Horrible at rhythm games but couldn't pass up Rhythm Heaven for $4 new. Postal Service album to justify the $5 shipping fee on a $4 game.

HP Touchpad - $90.31!

0xdAn.jpg

Touchpad - worth it to browse the internet on the couch?

Everything with a price tag was actually 50-60% off thanks to this Toys R Us moving sale.

018.jpg

Kid Robot South Park and Street Fighter 3" figures. If anyone needs a Kenny or Cartman, lets trade! PM me

I have to say I've been lucky with the SF, no dupes so far! P2 colors don't count :p

017.jpg

016.jpg

Kyon

Banned
i only starting playing a few minutes ago and im in love with this man.

aBTBM.jpg

KPop GAF represent:

SISTAR's First Album: Bora <3333333333

e9LUn.jpg
y8cbV.jpg

UrImc.jpg
KLUws.jpg

MY Babehs After School

wgXfY.jpg

Nana <3

0hcA8.jpg

and the poster (its folded :<)
UUBDV.jpg

Zing

Banned
antiquegamer said:
And GI Joe/Transformers Starscream

5xphd4.jpg

I'm confused. Has the "remake syndrome" now extended to comic books? Is this new or old. I had the entire "GI Joe vs. Transformers" comic series... what... 20 years ago?

Takao

Banned
Zing said:
I'm confused. Has the "remake syndrome" now extended to comic books? Is this new or old. I had the entire "GI Joe vs. Transformers" comic series... what... 20 years ago?

That's just an action figure and fighter jet. It's not a comic book series.

As for remake and reboot syndrome, comic books are the most notorious for that, haha.

Saren is Bad said:
Touchpad - worth it to browse the internet on the couch?

Seems perfect for that. I bought it for that and comics/manga, and it seems to deliver. I installed all the homebrew patches, turned off logging and it is very snappy.

milkham

whatsinaname said:
Seems perfect for that. I bought it for that and comics/manga, and it seems to deliver. I installed all the homebrew patches, turned off logging and it is very snappy.

same here, what comic reader program are you using?

milkham said:
same here, what comic reader program are you using?

Bought ComicShelf HD on the app store. Seems quite nice for $2. Would have been nice to have a full screen mode and it has a small bug with needing to restart the tablet after loading files, but the creator is active on the homebrew scene and does release updates/fixes.

isny

napkin dispenser
May as well get this done now since I'll probably put it off until September.

Just got back from D23 this week, so a few of these items are from D23, a few are items I bought and had shipped to myself in the U.S. while I was there. (I live in Canada)

Alienware MX11 used like new (refurb) $500 (core 2 duo 1.73 ghz, 500gb, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT335 1GB

It was either buy one used for this price, or pay $750-1k for a new one. Going to take my chances with this one as I only need it for light work and occasional gaming/video.
ilg6so.jpg

Need some new earbuds. Got these when they were on sale a few weeks ago for $15ish shipped
kdlqic.jpg

Picked up both pens at D23. The Tron pen was 30ish (and glows in the dark!) and the Imagineer one from the Imagineer only store they had at D23 for the first time was only $4!
2w6ge3b.jpg

The Lion King 3D Luggage Tag (Free from D23!)
2lagadk.jpg

Darth Vader Star Tours tumbler (Annual Passholder exclusive, finally became a Disneyland Annual Pasholder and was able to pick one up!)
1zokwgl.jpg

Chobits was $23 on Amazon, Trek was from an Amazon deal as well from a week or two back (around $10-$15)
2e325h0.jpg

Also, my badge from D23 signed by Bret Iwan (voice of Mickey), Paige O'Hara (voice of Belle), John Musker, Ron Clements, Tony Baxter, and three of the directors from the new Winnie the Pooh movie =D (those of you who met me at the expo probably know me by this badge!)
25gum83.jpg

Efrendal

August2011Pickups1.jpg

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition 360
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit PS3

August2011Pickups2.jpg

August2011Pickups3.jpg

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Nordic Edition 360 and Humanity+ preorder bonus book

elektrixx

Banned
I was expecting a quiet month but it was still a month of wild of regretable Team Fortress 2 crate key purchasing (again). This month there was only one real physical purchase. It's arrival actually reminded me that I never got the Giant Bomb shirt I ordered a couple of months ago!

Let's do this.

august2011pickupdlc2.jpg
august2011pickupdlc3.jpg

august2011pickupdlc4.jpg
august2011pickupdlc5.jpg

august2011pickupdlc6.jpg
august2011pickupdlc7.jpg

august2011pickupdlc8.jpg
august2011pickupdlc9.jpg

august2011pickupdlc10.jpg
august2011pickupdlc11.jpg

august2011pickupdlc12.jpg
august2011pickupdlc13.jpg

august2011pickupdlc14.jpg
august2011pickupdlc18.jpg

august2011pickupdlc19.jpg
august2011pickupdlc20.jpg

august2011pickupdlc21.jpg
august2011pickupdlc22.jpg

august2011pickupdlc23.jpg
august2011pickupdlc24.jpg

august2011pickupdlc30.jpg
august2011pickupdlc31.jpg

august2011pickupdlc25.jpg
august2011pickupdlc26.jpg

august2011pickupdlc28.jpg

august2011pickupdlc1.jpg
august2011pickupdlc17.jpg
august2011pickupdlc29.jpg

august2011pickupdlc27.png

august2011pickupdlc33.png

august2011pickupdlc15.png

august2011pickupdlc16.png

august2011pickupdlc32.png

http://photobucket.com/elektrixx

Mohonky

29et8g8.jpg

197b45.jpg

Traxxas E Maxx Brushless edition electric remote control. Wanted to buy a nice remote control for awhile, was originally looking at the Revo 3.3 nitro but after hearing these have more power with little maintenance went with this one. Considered the E Revo but figured I would more often then not be on less than smoother surfaces so went with something with a higher stance.

eXistor

Yay, Deus Ex CE!

Also way too many stickers for my new retro corner in my gameroom. I'll probably just use a few, but they were too cool to not buy.
zsu3go.jpg

dubc35

Mohonky said:
http://oi53.tinypic.com/29et8g8.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/197b45.jpg

Traxxas E Maxx Brushless edition electric remote control. Wanted to buy a nice remote control for awhile, was originally looking at the Revo 3.3 nitro but after hearing these have more power with little maintenance went with this one. Considered the E Revo but figured I would more often then not be on less than smoother surfaces so went with something with a higher stance.
Cool! I used to be huge into RC cars back in the day. I had a nostalgia moment a couple years ago and bought some. I had a Losi JRX-Pro and bought a RC10GT, TC3 and a Mini-T on the nostalgia bit, lol.

Top Bottom