• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
isny said:
May as well get this done now since I'll probably put it off until September.

Just got back from D23 this week, so a few of these items are from D23, a few are items I bought and had shipped to myself in the U.S. while I was there. (I live in Canada)

Alienware MX11 used like new (refurb) $500 (core 2 duo 1.73 ghz, 500gb, 4gb ram, Nvidia GT335 1GB

It was either buy one used for this price, or pay $750-1k for a new one. Going to take my chances with this one as I only need it for light work and occasional gaming/video.
ilg6so.jpg

Ended up returning mine, coming from macs the the screen was awful. Did all the adjustments to get it to look its best but still wasn't good enough. Such a great little laptop to bad they use such shitty screens.

Pick up of the year!

50067790.jpg

Yes its a RES, I wish I had a nes but the res will do for now. Once I get Xenoblade, NHL 12, and maybe Madden I'll be done with buying games for the year.

d3309974.jpg

Start Screen

911629b7.jpg

Main Menu

isny

napkin dispenser
Warnen said:
Ended up returning mine, coming from macs the the screen was awful. Did all the adjustments to get it to look its best but still wasn't good enough. Such a great little laptop to bad they use such shitty screens.

I'm happy with it for the price. I don't think I would be as happy had I spent 750+, but for $500 it does what I need it to. Going to be using it while traveling through Europe/Asia and then for school next year, so it should serve it's purpose if I baby it.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I paid her off on the 19th!

6067236358_1bfc14126e_z.jpg

6067242582_350bc5b026_z.jpg

2006 Pontiac Grand Prix. Four years of payments. Got her when I was 18 and heading off to college in a week. She's been through a new transmission, a few hit and runs (I hate people sometimes :-( ), many miles, and many harsh winters and summers. But she was a true pal during college, and treated me well.

... But wouldn't you know it... the DAY I go to pay her off, I have a flat from a nail! :-( Tread was getting low, anyway, so I got two new shoes for the front:

6067239504_ccc29947ee_z.jpg

... and then I get home, and realize a thunderstorm the night prior had blown the NIC in my desktop. AAAARGGGG!!! So, this is a temporary solution. Any thoughts on those Killer NICs? They get surprisingly good reviews...

6066701075_d6671b6d35_z.jpg

Moving on, OnSale actually came through for me. I got this as a gift for my mom - it's perfect for her. But I'll probably be the one playing with it for the next few days.

6084362607_0e7b5d5c1d_z.jpg

I ordered a guide to complement my game... which is AWESOME by the way.

6059940272_5b060ce6c5_z.jpg

Got Monster Hunter from a friend on another board, and picked up a GOTY edition of Borderlands from a 4pack... which means I now own a retail base copy for PC, a Steam GOTY copy, and an X360 GOTY copy.

6084364111_b3f82490ca_z.jpg

6084371297_0ff7598fec_z.jpg

SUPARSTARX

Enterbay: Storm Warriors Movie Masterpiece - Striding Cloud
img20110827062642.jpg

Hot Toys: Spiderman 3 Movie Masterpiece - Spiderman
img20110827062816.jpg

I don't have anywhere to really display him yet, the costume is kinda fragile looking. Rubber web cob on top of high quality fine cloth materials. I'm a little paranoid about accidentally rubbing it off
img20110827062909.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Alien Manobo said:
And some new stuff:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/znarf772/augIMG_8261.jpg

.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful pick up, Alice Madness Return is the surprise of the year (imho) enjoy it.

Totobeni said:
Wonderful pick up, Alice Madness Return is the surprise of the year (imho) enjoy it.

Thanks, played a few hours of Alice:MR and I love the art design. I'm currently playing through the first Alice, aside from the shittacular controls and rage inducing water levels, I'm digging it.

Picked up this chick named Irene. We're going to hang out for a few hours.

6085772589_0a85e0e8c6_z.jpg

Reston, VA, USA. We're only supposed to get a few inches of rain and some moderate winds. Good luck to anyone in a more severe path.

njean777

IMG_0497-1.jpg

Still need to pick up P3P and Tactics ogre. Also not shown 4gb memory stick for the psp lol.

Oh and a gamestop receipt that has BF3,MW3,R3, Uncharted 3, Rage all paid off. Im good till november for Acreed Revelations.

First post! I always enjoy these threads, but am usually too lazy to take pictures of my stuff as it rolls in. Anyways, here are a couple of books I picked up. I am an amateur book collector (limited by a small budget, though, so mostly just first editions with a few limiteds here and there). Mostly fantasy which is what I primarily read, with a bit of sci-fi and other general fiction. My biggest collection is of George R.R. Martin stuff. My pick up is of an Advance Reader Copy for both Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings. these are sent to book sellers in advance of the hardcover release to solicit interest and orders.

I actually previously owned Game, but sold it and a few other things that I now regret. However, I made a small profit on the initial sale, so I didn't lose too much in the overall. Although the condition of this new copy is worse that what I sold, mostly yellowing pages. ARCs use really cheap paper, but with proper care the pages would still be more white than they are on this one.
Clash of Kings is in decent shape, actually read (which is unfortunate, because the binding really shows it due to cheap cover material) but I got a good price and it is my first time owning this book.

zhM9Ml.jpg

Sorry for the quality. Phone camera is all that is up and running right now.

Stasis

IMG_20110827_182649.jpg

Cell phone pic, blabla.

Decided to re-read the Drizzt series, and despite already owning most of them I picked up the boxed sets because they'll look purdy on my bookshelf all matching.

Seems to be a shortage of the last set and Hunter's Blades set here in Canada atm.

Stasis said:
Cell phone pic, blabla.

Decided to re-read the Drizzt series, and despite already owning most of them I picked up the boxed sets because they'll look purdy on my bookshelf all matching.

Seems to be a shortage of the last set and Hunter's Blades set here in Canada atm.

Aren't there a few other books here and there? Not required reading if you just want the Drizzt action?

This month I continued my purchasing Dreamcast games after buying one last month.

1d0ce181.jpg

And I bought some shirts from Threadless(at the actual store no less!!)
88bc3e49.jpg

4d804853.jpg

229d50b5.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for Xenoblade from Zavi.

Amagon

SerArthurDayne said:
First post! I always enjoy these threads, but am usually too lazy to take pictures of my stuff as it rolls in. Anyways, here are a couple of books I picked up. I am an amateur book collector (limited by a small budget, though, so mostly just first editions with a few limiteds here and there). Mostly fantasy which is what I primarily read, with a bit of sci-fi and other general fiction. My biggest collection is of George R.R. Martin stuff. My pick up is of an Advance Reader Copy for both Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings. these are sent to book sellers in advance of the hardcover release to solicit interest and orders.

I actually previously owned Game, but sold it and a few other things that I now regret. However, I made a small profit on the initial sale, so I didn't lose too much in the overall. Although the condition of this new copy is worse that what I sold, mostly yellowing pages. ARCs use really cheap paper, but with proper care the pages would still be more white than they are on this one.
Clash of Kings is in decent shape, actually read (which is unfortunate, because the binding really shows it due to cheap cover material) but I got a good price and it is my first time owning this book.

zhM9Ml.jpg

Sorry for the quality. Phone camera is all that is up and running right now.
Kudos to your aspiration for book collecting. I have started a hobby collecting blu rays and what not. Just collecting definitive version of movies around the world and what not. Gets expensive sometimes but I actually enjoy it. Still filling out my videogame collection but I have most of the titles that I want in it. Just need a quality home theater and I'd be set.

Amagon

Rahxephon91 said:
This month I continued my purchasing Dreamcast games after buying one last month.

1d0ce181.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for Xenoblade from Zavi.
Great, Great, GREAT pick up collection rite there.

WEGGLES

Stasis said:
http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Stasis-SRM/IMG_20110827_182649.jpg[IMG]

Cell phone pic, blabla.

Seems to be a shortage of the last set and Hunter's Blades set here in Canada atm.[/QUOTE]
:'( Total missed opportunity to have the boxes line up in some way.

mblitek

Wooooo! Just checked my mail:

senna.jpg

New Senna shirt and Bruno's success? I think not! The shirt has a really nice material and quality to it. I got it from the F1 store.

To those that don't know Ayrton Senna was possibly one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers ever. An amazing documentary just came out that everyone should check out regardless of F1 interest or not. It is a supremely well put together documentary with many awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424432/

omgkitty

mblitek said:
Wooooo! Just checked my mail:

senna.jpg

New Senna shirt and Bruno's success? I think not! The shirt has a really nice material and quality to it. I got it from the F1 store.

To those that don't know Ayrton Senna was possibly one of the greatest Formula 1 drivers ever. An amazing documentary just came out that everyone should check out regardless of F1 interest or not. It is a supremely well put together documentary with many awards.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424432/

That's totally awesome! I just saw the film last night and loved it. I knew of Senna before going to see the film but my friend didn't know anything about F1.

Top Bottom