• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Walked into best buy today and to my surprise this was on shelf.

FuLg77V.jpg

"There's something about this that's so blue, it's like how much more blue could this be? And the answer is none. None more blue."

I've gotten rid of my PS Vita and have joined the dark-side (light-side? not sure to be honest). Just wanted to get a few games to get me started (never really played/beaten a Pokemon game before as I was a Counter-Strike kid instead). On the list to get are DS games I never played and stuff like the other Shin Megami 3DS games, Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey, etc. I'm pretty excited. Since I'm getting back into Path of Exile hardcore with the new patch, this system will be a delight to play during down-time since my PS4 is mostly a Netflix machine at the moment (not for long though).

V4RNWwk.jpg

Nisa65

Had a friend bring over some blu rays while he was visiting Japan. Got my Zelda Musou Treasure Box from Amazon.jp and bought some stuff while wandering around Kyoto and Tokyo.

eXistor

Never did I expect to post this on a random day such as today. Our local pawnshop got this in today and they always hit me up first and give me a good deal on things. I was able to get Action 52 for €70,- which is pretty good if you ask me. I'm still not sure if I wanna keep it for my collection or just sell or trade it, but for now it's a got a good home at my my place.

aKGryfP.jpg

yLKyeQF.jpg

Are those Blu Rays? Been wanting to purchase all of Studio Ghibli films on blu ray, but the US released is taking a really long time to release them. I'm currently eyeing the The Collected Works of Director Hayao Miyazaki on Blu Ray, but it's currently $600.00.
Yup, now I own every Ghibli movie released on the format. I just need their three latest movies to come out already and for the US releases to catch up. Don't feel too bad about the money, that one image set me back about $1200. ;P

Except for the plush, which was a gift from my brother.

Smokey

14786747050_35656b0bb1_c.jpg

14950451376_eb2e2e0a25_c.jpg

14786729469_06bdb6c706_c.jpg

Hopefully the blue DS4 is of better quality than my launch DS4:

14950448726_deedb6f146_c.jpg

Blue DS4:

14971287641_3075f8ec55_c.jpg

14787871087_ace30a4571_c.jpg

Lots of stuff to get to. Being a part of the Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked (20% off MSRP) is destroying me this year.

MisterNoisy

XPost from Auto thread, but I just picked up this:

HOMPK8c.jpg

UioZJhP.jpg

Fun little car.

EDIT: Holy crap - this is the sixth car in this thread, lol.

DTJAAAAM

Picked up Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition on Xbox One. Nice to finally have another disc for the system besides Dead Rising 3!

10624342_1490820947827023_133153515_n.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks

Had a friend bring over some blu rays while he was visiting Japan. Got my Zelda Musou Treasure Box from Amazon.jp and bought some stuff while wandering around Kyoto and Tokyo.

Bless you good citizen for purchasing the Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2. Any impressions? Even though it was awhile ago, I had the most fun designing that one out of all my babies. <3

Last-minute peer pressure purchase:

iI4a04xEGivKc.JPG

Even though I've played many hours on the PC version, I'm finding it to be a smooth transition to couch n' slouch gaming with a controller.

zmet

My latest haul:

Motel Hell and Batman: Assault on Arkham

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (3D version) and Without Warning

Mighty Final Fight and Elevator Action 2 -Returns-

Smokey

I've been really thinking about doing this. Is it really that useful?

If you buy a lot of new games yes. Wait for it to go on sale, it usually does every few months. I jumped in when they offered it for $60. It lasts two years and has more than paid for itself the past few months. The 20% discount works on LEs and CEs as well.

tav7623

My picks ups for this month so far include:

Books - Horns by Joe Hill (Digital)

Games - Fear Effect (PS1), Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus (PS2), Final Fantasy IX (PS1 Classic/Digital), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), and Resident Evil 2 (PS1 original release)

Nisa65

Bless you good citizen for purchasing the Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2. Any impressions? Even though it was awhile ago, I had the most fun designing that one out of all my babies. <3

I'm terrible at fighting games so I couldn't possibly go into all the nuances of how it performs during high level play but it does feel really nice and well built. It looks lovely too. I mostly bought it because it can be used on both PS3 and PS4, so I'll be sorted with a decent stick for Xrd in the winter and any other future PS4 fighting games.

Here's a pic of what's inside the Treasure Box verison of Zelda Musou for anyone interested as well.

Treasure chest,Triforce alarm clock and scarf.

Artbook

Apologies for the shitty phone pic.

Ludono

Bunch of stuff from the last few weeks!

Went to Otakon so I picked up some stuff there...

lCbb.jpg

The Hunter x Hunter poster is from the Artist Alley, style reminded me of Tintin :)

mCbb.jpg

(Yugioh Abridged poster which I got signed by Little Kuriboh :D )

oCbb.jpg

And some other stuff...

pCbb.jpg

sCbb.jpg

tCbb.jpg

Top two are just steelbooks for Medal of Honor Warfighter and Arkham City Armoured Edition, just happened to find them for 30HKD (around $4USD or so) and impulse bought em.
Eden of the East movie I picked up at Otakon in the hopes of getting it signed but I didn't make the autograph line cutoff sadly, so....
Heroine Chronicle was an impulse buy, used at an import shop for around $20USD.
Last of Us I picked up while I was in the US (for Otakon) because I had some Best Buy credit to burn so... whatever.
Child of Light says it's in English and Japanese voices and text yet it's completely in Japanese and I'm not sure how to change it, perhaps a fellow GAFer could assist me?

Top Bottom