• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Congrats, I've been thinking of selling my 4770K and getting the 4790K. Is there a reason why you didn't get that processor?

The 4790k wasn't out when i got the 4770k :( I bought all the things over the period of about 4 or 5 months as the total cost of the rig was about 3 grand.

I have my 4770k happily OCd at 4.4 and it never goes over 45 degrees (i use the H100i cooler) so i could probably OC a bit further. Although no where near as much as the 4790k.

I would say if you building a new rig now then sure go for the 4790k but i'm not sure it would be worth it just now stepping up from a 4770k?

I'm gaming at 1440p and i'm not seeing the need. The CPU isn't really bottlenecking me.Is there some specific need for the CPU gain? Rendering maybe / Video Editing?

If it's just for the sheer enthusiast joy and you want to get it to 5GHz and beyond, you defo should if you can afford it. I'm terrible at trying to talk people out of buying stuff :p

I said wow.
Keep them games in good condition. o_O

.Hack//Quarantine is in such good shape, I'm shocked about it, but it pays off to have a local store that has set values and doesn't increase prices based on rarity... I just feel bad for the guy who sold it.

The game honestly doesn't interest me though, I'm honestly hoping to find someone to trade with for something I actually want, I'm sure I can find someone interested easily.

For Tales of Destiny 2, this one blew my mind when I saw it. This one I plan to keep because I really enjoy the Tales games but have never played one pre-Symphonia, so I look forward to trying it and probably not liking it because of the gameplay being dated or something. The condition on this one isn't that great, but for the $10 price... it could've been mangled and I still would've picked it up without a second thought.

MilkLizard

Glad you could find it fellow GAFfer. I had to go to Fnac which is a decent retail store twice because they were expecting the shipment to arrive. Even if it's a big retail store the worker told me that they only managed to get 40 copies of this book. I hope you can enjoy yours. :)

Yeah I managed to find it on Amazon UK. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the kind words.

prateeko

So a little over 5 years ago my parents house was robbed while they were on vacation. I was doing post graduate work very far away so I wasn't home and was devastated to hear my video game collection had been ransacked (along with my home theater system). They wiped out my portable stuff (GB/GBC/GBA/PSP) since that was much more out in the open along with PS2 (fortunately much of the GC/PS3/XBOX360 was safe! not sure about PS1 or Xbox now that I think about it).

Over the last 8 or so months I've slowly been building up a GB/GBC/GBA collection, which has mostly been game+manual which I store in great CustomgameCases.com cases (see the thread over on TheCoverproject, basically a guy made new cases that are EXACTLY like the DS cases but can hold GB/GBC/GBA games!)

I've also managed to track down some games in their original boxes and this brings me to my purchase. I found some really good, acid free, perfectly sized gameboy box protectors. I took a couple hours to out all my boxes in them and decided to take some pics...

SO, without further ado, here are the pics (I have waited a long time to get my current boxed collection together!).

The first one shows the clear protector. Unlike some of the other ones designed to fit large CDs (back when CDs were still prominent...), these are spot on the size of GB/GBC/GBA cases. So much so that any games I have with the wrapping still present (or sealed) the fit was super snug getting in. There are some sub-standard boxes which I've been meaning to replace, but until such time these clear protectors make them look at LOT batter! The shots of the whole collection does not do justice to how they improve the look of all the boxes (those in excellent condition and substandard alike).

Example
j7z1yO2.jpg

Overview
ru03tb4.jpg

Close up 1

aO02gcs.jpg

Close up 2
9yg2Ayc.jpg

Close up 3
gwUtojJ.jpg

Close up 4
qn1UF1k.jpg

Looking at it from an angle <3

nU8Ntnm.jpg

Marceles

The 4790k wasn't out when i got the 4770k :( I bought all the things over the period of about 4 or 5 months as the total cost of the rig was about 3 grand.

I have my 4770k happily OCd at 4.4 and it never goes over 45 degrees (i use the H100i cooler) so i could probably OC a bit further. Although no where near as much as the 4790k.

I would say if you building a new rig now then sure go for the 4790k but i'm not sure it would be worth it just now stepping up from a 4770k?

I'm gaming at 1440p and i'm not seeing the need. The CPU isn't really bottlenecking me.Is there some specific need for the CPU gain? Rendering maybe / Video Editing?

If it's just for the sheer enthusiast joy and you want to get it to 5GHz and beyond, you defo should if you can afford it. I'm terrible at trying to talk people out of buying stuff :p

Ah, I wish I had the confidence to OC mine. Same thing happened to me, I built mine right before the 4790 came out. You're probably more PC literate than I am since this was my first build, I just thought you newly bought the 4770k recently

Agent713

ZF96px1.jpg

I'm so surprised that this was delivered today. I didn't know Amazon delivered on Sundays. Oh well, time to dive back into Rieze Maxia once more.

ZF96px1.jpg

I'm so surprised that this was delivered today. I didn't know Amazon delivered on Sundays. Oh well, time to dive back into Rieze Maxia once more.

I heard that CE will come the white game art cover, is that right??
But I'm sure the standard edition will come with the black art cover.

Zrais

Neo Member
Opxuibg.jpg

New Taylor Grand Auditorium. Compliments my Martin 00CXAE well as its louder and has a brighter tone.

I was excited to post my new gaming rig and desk in last months post (was going to be my first "pickup thread" post), but I kinda forgot when my appendix decided it needed to come out..so here it is. =)

qTzNQPg.jpg

fatcatbebe

Neo Member
vintage marshall 1965b 4x10 cab, mxr chorus, mxr smart gate and american telecaster
mega exhaust drift style for my frs.

had to photoshop the pic coz the lighting in my house is shit. turned out pretty good though.

Melchiah

Just finished True Detective, and was compelled to order this book, especially as it's apparently inspired Lovecraft, who's my favorite author.

ySAgTxSl.jpg

Ah, I wish I had the confidence to OC mine. Same thing happened to me, I built mine right before the 4790 came out. You're probably more PC literate than I am since this was my first build, I just thought you newly bought the 4770k recently

I cheat and use one of these:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/

Unfortunately they only work on Asus Rog mobos that have the ROG_Ext (Rog Extension)

I'm sure there is something equivalent that isn't locked in to Asus.

it allows me to OC on the fly and monitor the CPU Temp and Fan speed.

I was excited to post my new gaming rig and desk in last months post (was going to be my first "pickup thread" post), but I kinda forgot when my appendix decided it needed to come out..so here it is. =)

qTzNQPg.jpg

How are you liking that case? Just picked up the same one to replace my aging NZXT, in addition to a H100i water cooler. About to dig in tonight to build it and was just curious of your experience with it.

Zrais

Neo Member
How are you liking that case? Just picked up the same one to replace my aging NZXT, in addition to a H100i water cooler. About to dig in tonight to build it and was just curious of your experience with it.

The case is probably my favorite part of the purchase. So easy to work in, and the airflow is fantastic.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up the new Jakks Pacific Nintendo figures (Donkey Kong, Bowser, Link and Yoshi) to go with my growing Figuarts/Figma/Smash/whatever collection. If only I could find Figma Link and Pit for good prices!

As a bonus, I got one of my toy treasures in the mail today! It might not be much to you guys, but I got 'em for super cheap.
It's sad that this is the only Casshern figure that's not a cheap capsule toy or randomly a girl. I'd kill for a Figuarts Casshern with Friender!

EDIT: Forgot about Ralph, Felix and Maxwell! What a fool I am.

Alebrije

Cheap nice new PS2 bundle , was looking just for a controller and got it for 30 U.S. / Nice new turntable, hard to get better ones in Mexico.

TSmbgP.jpg

Nice beer while lisening the vynils...

Wyh4M4.jpg

Galdius

I got some games for my N64 collection. I'm very happy with those games.
The Transformers Beast Wars is CB and Ogre Battle and Mickey are CIB.
I'm looking forward to play this Mickey game since it was made by Rare when they were really good.

QbzYHHQh.jpg

So I went to Classic Game Fest up in Austin this weekend, hosted by Game Over Videogames. Saturday one of the other vendors that I buy from on a frequent basis asked if I wanted to help run his booth on Sunday, so I got a bit of cash and a few things from his booth for free.

King Kong 2 and Jajamaru I got for free, Mighty FInal Fight was $35, not a bad price.

This was $1. Why not?

I always liked the design of this controller more than the US equivalent, the Bandai Mega. Hilariously short cord unfortunately, but I will get an extension cable online.

PGM Hardware! Hopefully I can find Martial Masters for cheap. This was $250, but I traded in some doubles and got $250 on the dot, so nothing spent.

I got these for free from working the booth. I am going to hang them up in my room.

Overall CGF was a lot of fun and I got to meet a lot of people. Running the import booth on Sunday was a blast and it was great being able to talk imports with everyone.

Metaroo

I got some games for my N64 collection. I'm very happy with those games.
The Transformers Beast Wars is CB and Ogre Battle and Mickey are CIB.
I'm looking forward to play this Mickey game since it was made by Rare when they were really good.

QbzYHHQh.jpg

The Mickey Speedway game is fantastic. You're gonna have a lot of fun :D

Exquisik

Here's everything Ghibli I got in the last month.

14777785188_b062b662ab_b.jpg

Are those Blu Rays? Been wanting to purchase all of Studio Ghibli films on blu ray, but the US released is taking a really long time to release them. I'm currently eyeing the The Collected Works of Director Hayao Miyazaki on Blu Ray, but it's currently $600.00.

Are those Blu Rays? Been wanting to purchase all of Studio Ghibli films on blu ray, but the US released is taking a really long time to release them. I'm currently eyeing the The Collected Works of Director Hayao Miyazaki on Blu Ray, but it's currently $600.00.

Amazon UK is listing a 12-disc Hayao Miyazaki Blu Ray box set for £160 as a preorder, releasing in November. Seems to be some confusion as to what's actually included, but I don't think it will be a definitive set.

The case is probably my favorite part of the purchase. So easy to work in, and the airflow is fantastic.

Sweet! I love it too. Built it last night, and it's fantastic. Had a bit of a scare, turns out I accidentally loosened the final power cable for my H100i pump and booted without it. BIOS let me know what was up; fixed up the cable and it's smooth.

Case has plenty of airflow and very nice looking. My biggest complaint is the lack of support for more than 2 HDD plates,but overall excellent.

Going to do some final upgrades to my unit and then bring some pics to this pickup thread!

XP_Version1

Neo Member
After losing hours stalking this thread, figured it was about time I posted some of my own cool pick-ups:

Loving the Surface so far but my haul of books this months was amazing. All from charity shops/closing down sales/factory clearance shops so about £40 or so for the whole lot :)

Top Bottom