• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic3

-PS3 SFIV TE stick ($28.99)

3806192804_890e108aed_b.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
A couple of dollar Jamie Oliver cookbooks, Lonsome Dove on Blu-ray and aloe gel for the sunburn I got on Saturday.

S6306245.jpg

Dynamic3

Aljosa said:
Holy moly, a TE Stick for $29!? How? :O

Amazon trade-in promotion from last month. I could have gotten an additional $15 off (so it would have been $13.99 lol), but I have still yet to receive my ECA membership info. I am going to see if I can get Amazon to prorate it. To be fair I should probably add in the $67.98 I spent on two copies of KZ2 from eBay that I used as my trade-ins.

Moved into a new apartment this month:

Living Room:
iphone015.jpg

Kitchen:
iphone028.jpg

Bedroom:
iphone009.jpg

Bathroom:
iphone007.jpg

Now I need to decorate it, any suggestions?

Needed a couch as well, this was taken in the store as it will be delivered next week. It is a Natuzzi.

iphone049.jpg

Because I am lazy I picked up a Roomba 550

iphone.jpg

Upgraded my wireless router.

iphone014.jpg

Also got a new 2009 Volkswagen GTI, it drives real nice! :D

iphone046.jpg

iphone037.jpg

iphone034.jpg

I suppose I bought a bunch of games too...but that would be too many pictures as there are already a ton!

Dynamic3 said:
Amazon trade-in promotion from last month. I could have gotten an additional $15 off (so it would have been $13.99 lol), but I have still yet to receive my ECA membership info. I am going to see if I can get Amazon to prorate it. To be fair I should probably add in the $67.98 I spent on two copies of KZ2 from eBay that I used as my trade-ins.
Damn that's incredible. You have bought two more. :lol

YagizY

Chiaroscuro said:
x2

I know we should not critize other people's pick-ups, but I have to say counterfeit products and piracy should not be allowed here.

Yeah I really didn't mean to come off as an asshole but I'm pretty sure all of those are bootleg. I'm not going to sugar coat anything because I've downloaded some episodes of stuff that still hasn't come out on DVD (and don't look like they are coming out on DVD any time soon) but I would never pay someone to burn something for me, let alone 45 bucks.

Although I do think its a bit ridiculous that their still are no Rocko seasons available.

Strike

YagizY said:
Yeah I really didn't mean to come off as an asshole but I'm pretty sure all of those are bootleg. I'm not going to sugar coat anything because I've downloaded some episodes of stuff that still hasn't come out on DVD (and don't look like they are coming out on DVD any time soon) but I would never pay someone to burn something for me, let alone 45 bucks.

Although I do think its a bit ridiculous that their still are no Rocko seasons available.

More like $35 bucks for everything. Should have explained that in the previous post. I don't have that kind of free time to search the internet to download that much content. Whatever, I'm happy with my purchases because who know when (or if) most of these shows will be released on dvd. All play tested and they look good on my SDTV. If the mods have a problem with it I'll gladly take it down.

Willectro

Banned
DSC_1051.jpg

From top left:
RDS Flexfit Hat, Allsop mouse pad, 2600 Quarterly (v. 26, # 2, finally got it), Blazblue, Case of Heineken (one dead soldier pictured), Universal ipod Dock (iPod is always charged now), Deadmau5 - Random Album Title, The Chemical Brothers - Brotherhood, Red 360 controller play and charge pack, and 1400 XBL pts.

DSC_1052.jpg

Philips Arcitec RQ 1060

This was worth every single penny ($270 CAD). I had about a $50 shaver and the blades were starting to go so I went to the store and walked out with this. This model didn't come with the washer part, but its easy enough to clean under a tap. Best purchase all month, maybe even all year. Makes shaving so much quicker, easier and with better results.

robot

Dynamic3 said:

Yea that deal is nuts. With ECA I preordered DJ Hero and a Hori EX-SE stick shipped for about $12 total.

YagizY

Strike said:
More like $35 bucks for everything. Should have explained that in the previous post. I don't have that kind of free time to search the internet to download that much content. Whatever, I'm happy with my purchases because who know when (or if) most of these shows will be released on dvd. All play tested and they look good on my SDTV. If the mods have a problem with it I'll gladly take it down.

Freakazoid DVD is out.

I feel for you as far as Beetlejuice, Angry Beavers, and Rocko though. Those should have been released on DVD a long time ago.

Quake1028

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Oh? I didn't know there was a Price is Right app. How is it?

It's pretty fun. Loads a lot, but the games and content are worth it, especially for 99 cents, which it's going for right now. If you like or liked the show at all, you could find far worse ways to spend a buck.

finally...
2u6zrsx.jpg
->
536460253.png

(WLAN, 14.6 of the "up to 16" contract-phrase via LAN)

2 days w/o internet until it was clear, that my router needed the newest firmware update for VDSL and I managed to get access to someone's internet to download the update.

worth it... now everything is so ... fast :lol
(and it's cheaper than my old connection, too ^^)

oh and some new BDs too, will post photo later though

No45

Just posting here now to remind myself to post here later!

Got a big pickup sitting at home which I've been waiting for WEEKS to arrive, will get some pics up when I get back. ^_^

Drahcir said:
Nice one. I got mine last week. Outpost #31 shirt from The Thing.

outpost31shirt.jpg

I normally wear Large t-shirts, but are these shirts on the smaller or larger side of large? I've been burned on euro sizes before.

-PXG-

SolidusDave said:
finally...
2u6zrsx.jpg
->
536460253.png

(WLAN, 14.6 of the "up to 16" contract-phrase via LAN)

2 days w/o internet until it was clear, that my router needed the newest firmware update for VDSL and I managed to get access to someone's internet to download the update.

worth it... now everything is so ... fast :lol
(and it's cheaper than my old connection, too ^^)

oh and some new BDs too, will post photo later though

Damn, what happened to the Up and Ping?

Here's mine to compare

-PXG- said:
Damn, what happened to the Up and Ping?

Here's mine to compare

Wlan hurts the ping I guess, have to check LAN downstairs. Though look at the difference, I had no problem kicking peoples ass online
besides in games I suck at
and will continue to do so in a improved way :D

Upload is fine, nearly 100% of the max upload. It is DSL, your's cable I guess. My download could be higher but it depends on your region.

@zoku88: sry, I only posted these to show the difference, this a life changing August-purchase for me :lol

oh and here are the new BDs:
j9qbld.jpg

on a related note (AC): I hate removing stickers(-residues) >.< Seriously why?? It is not hard at all: either put them on the plastic foil or use easily removable stickers.

Gameboy415

YagizY said:
Freakazoid DVD is out.

I feel for you as far as Beetlejuice, Angry Beavers, and Rocko though. Those should have been released on DVD a long time ago.

There's a little bit of Rocko on DVD: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EHDSRU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I, and I assume many others, would prefer full season sets but I guess it's better than nothing.

sikkinixx said:
Ugh... I'm jealous of your upload :(

536656602.png

You may not want to look at mine then....

:D

Always loved dipping into the Pick Up threads before my account was activated, now I can take part myself :D

Apologies for the not too great quality, just got my phone to take pics with.

Couple of game related books I've been meaning to pick up for a while...

Image034.jpg

Almost done with the Mass Effect one, it's not too bad, some nice background on the universe and such. Shall be getting the second book once I'm done I think.

Image03.jpg

Got the first volume of Walking Dead a while back, thought it was about time I grabbed the next one, not touched it yet though. Got Mirrors Edge for about 8 quid, glad I never got it at full price, lots of good ideas and it can be fun but it's horribly frustrating at times.

Downloads:
Image035.jpg

Enjoying this alot, crazy hard in places though. Wonderful personality throughout though.

Image036.jpg

Not at all worth 800 points, but oh well I had some fun with it. Had they charged 1200 for it I'd be pretty pissed.

Finally decided to jump in and bought Persona 3 FES, gonna borrow my little sisters PS2. Sadly it's STILL not bloody been posted, really can't wait to play it.

No45

I ordered this back at the beginning of June. Because they're ceasing production they've been really hard to get hold of, but finally it's here! ^_^

20u213b.jpg

2rejjad.jpg

14j5ges.jpg

29o5q9f.jpg

2w388yd.jpg

Of course I now can't do anything with it because we still need to decorate the wall it's going to be mounted on! :lol

And I'm struggling to pluck up the courage to mount it.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Action Jackson said:
The Die Hard one also is out of stock in my size. :(

I saw that T-shirt and went to order it instantly, but it was also out of stock in my size :((

Might pickup the Nostromo one and the Autobahn one though :D

Kuraudo

Banned
Yeah, those shirts are really neat, but there's no mediums in any of the ones I want. Really wanted the Overlook Hotel and M14A ones too D:

Anyone know if their designs are limited or are they likely to ever get stuff back in stock?

distantmantra said:
Yep. The ones I posted are Zappos.com exclusives, and they're typically always out of stock. My wife got lucky and snagged the last pair they had in my size.

*hi-five* I got the same pair last fall as an early birthday present to myself, as I loved the colors of 'em. And like you, my size (9 M) is damn near impossible to get, but luckily they had it.

YagizY

Gameboy415 said:

The only thing really crappy about those is that 1) They are Amazon Exclusive, 2) They don't include all the episodes as you said and 3) They are part of this "burn on demand" program of Amazon. When you order those DVD's Amazon burns the episodes on DVD-R's and gives and puts them in a case. It is apparently completely legal because they worked out a deal with Nickelodeon but for some reason Amazon burning these on DVD-R's unsettles me.

Jazzem

imgp0292e.jpg

Dragon Quest: Chapters of the Chosen for £6.93 (my first Dragon Quest :D)
Mystic Quest Legend
Street Fighter Alpha (Game Boy Color)
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Mole Mania

Game Boy games were dirt cheap off ebay, Mole Mania I'm particularly pleased with as I've been after that one for some time. Mystic Quest was only £3.50, so I thought I might as well. As for Dragon Quest, I got that for £6.93 off thehut.com with a £1 voucher they gave me for not having shopped there for some time (the usual price is £7.93). My first Dragon Quest, so looking forward to getting stuck in!

imgp0293s.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2 on 360. I now have HD Remix, IV and MvC2 on 360. What can I say, I love my Capcom fighters!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
a fair amount of stuff, but finally paid up to get this (went unboxed to save a few hundred $!!)

3809408226_dbbce144a1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Here comes a new challenger...

3808642389_53a4238ba6.jpg

PS1/PS2 arcade stick owners...

Get hype...Review later this week!

3808642545_e9084d020c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom