• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorazin

Got two books from the same author, love this guy!

ebcfd148.jpg

Drahcir

RedNumberFive said:
I normally wear Large t-shirts, but are these shirts on the smaller or larger side of large? I've been burned on euro sizes before.

They seem to be on the larger side of large. About 21" across. I'm pretty thin, so the large is a bit loose on me. But hopefully it will shrink a little when I wash it. I'm going to try a medium for my next shirt.

As for the shipping cost to the states, I can't remember exactly. There are two options though, one with tracking and one without. Either way, the total cost in dollars is not exactly cheap for a t-shirt.

JEKKI

10 lbs of haribo peach ftw!!

winner #4!! (#3 was the dood who bought X Men for genesis)

2e1snzn.jpg

Tommys ftw x 2!!

2rmp7cl.jpg

new mp3 player since my old one got STOLEN!!

and I made a DIY coaster as well!!

Yes Boss!

Sweet-ass Super Star Wars for the VC. Awesome game back in the day that is still awesome despite the brand's fall.

P1010910.jpg

And VOOT for 360 since Hori is actually shipping the sticks in October:

P1010911.jpg

enewtabie

Got this today and I'm still as bad on it as I was back then. I graduated High School when this game came out..:lol Thinking about checking out the new Wii Ware game also.

001-8.jpg

T1tan

Neo Member
Netto-kun said:
$14.90 for Soma Bringer and Phantasy Star 0 was such an awesome deal. Picking up Wii Sports Resort sometimes this week.:D

SSL21476.jpg

SSL21477.jpg

What are your impressions on Soma Bringer? Does it have English subs/localisation?

ravien56

Hey, here's my sweet stuff.
It would seem I'm not very good at taking pics, look at the light reflecting on it, a lot of pics are like this, sorry I suck. I wanted this thing so bad, they had 1 more copy at the eb when I bought it a month ago.
xfwazd.jpg

Not too far in this game yet, only 20 hours

2d0jqxu.jpg

These were $100 off so I bought them. Pretty sweet.

16bambn.jpg

This was super cheap and I've been using iPods since 2g, so I wanted something new. Zune has it's ups and downs.

10ogxl1.jpg

My brother just came back from Lebanon, picked me up some stuff.
This is the best gum out there anywhere.
23vdzqp.jpg

This is called Shisha. Fruit flavored tobacco that you smoke...
2catlf.jpg

...with this. Called a Hookah. Most of the ones in Canada that I've seen are usually 1/3 the height of this one and finding a big one is easy but it costs around $100+ . This was $40. I wanted a quad tube but he couldn't find one.
2s9yu0p.jpg

Gameboy415

WhiteAce said:
a fair amount of stuff, but finally paid up to get this (went unboxed to save a few hundred $!!)

3809408226_dbbce144a1.jpg

It's an awesome game, isn't it?? :D
How much did it set you back? I miraculously found my copy for only 250円 (about $3!!) last year but I know it usually goes for a LOT more.

Picked up a few more things over the last week:

0908Sony.jpg

-激写ボーイ2 ~特ダネ大国ニッポン~ (AKA: Gekibo 2) - Really interesting side-scrolling photography game.
-ポイニーポイン (Poinie's Poin)
- Weird 3D platformer with a very vulgar full English mode.
-Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Traded a copy of SW: The Force Unleashed for it. Great game!
-Jingle Cats - It was 100円 and I loved the Jingle Cats X-mas CDs as a kid so I had to buy it.
-THE イラストパズル&スライドパズル (Illustlogic & Slidelogic) - Picross & Slide puzzles for PS1

0908Nintendo.jpg

-Yoshi's Island SNES Guidebook - Great art and a bonus manga in the back. Only 105円.
-Pokemon Ranger Guidebook - 100円. I love these Japanese guides!
-巨人のドシン (Doshin the Giant) - Another game for the N64DD I DON'T have yet....haha

...and last, but CERTAINLY not least. My miracle pick-up of the year:

0908Spidey.jpg

-The Amazing Spider-Man: Web of Fire for 32X - I CANNOT believe I found this! And at a Japanese recycle shop of all places! This was the last 32X game released in America and since there were so few copies released, it's incredibly hard to find and expensive. But I got it for only 2625円 (about $27)!!! :D :D :D

Sew

ravien56 said:
This is called Shisha. Fruit flavored tobacco that you smoke...
http://i31.tinypic.com/2catlf.jpg

...with this. Called a Hookah. Most of the ones in Canada that I've seen are usually 1/3 the height of this one and finding a big one is easy but it costs around $100+ . This was $40. I wanted a quad tube but he couldn't find one.
http://i26.tinypic.com/2s9yu0p.jpg
I like this. I had a friend bring some back after serving in Qatar.

Proc

I'm a sucker for cheap deals when browsing the mall...$10 for a new copy of the witcher!

The clerk carded me when I bought the game...I'm 23 and don't look that young. Anyway, good times. I think I'm going to dust off my old xbox since I take it there never going to add backwards compatibility for Oddworld.

av3o2f.jpg

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
ravien56 said:
2s9yu0p.jpg

That's a pretty hookah. Damn, I haven't smoked nargila in ages.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, and normally I wouldn't, but I found this down at a music store at the beach today.

3810252821_2a8c055a0f.jpg

:D :D

T1tan said:
What are your impressions on Soma Bringer? Does it have English subs/localisation?

I've been playing it on my Acekard with the very well done English translation and I love it. It might be tough to go through in Japanese however. The game is a fun hack-n-slash rpg and the story is good so far, it's broken up into different chapters. Graphics are great and you have a wide selection of characters to choose from in the beginning. There are also a lot of quests from NPCs to break up the storyline.

ravien56

jaydogg691 said:
$100 off!? Where?
Canada deal only. They were retailing at Future Shop for $400, The Source had them for $300(which is what you guys pay anyways, damn Canadian dollar), Just price matched with FS and got them for 289.99.

Sew said:
I like this. I had a friend bring some back after serving in Qatar.
Yea they're pretty good. We've been doing this a lot lately here, experimenting with the coals and what not. The stuff burns way too fast though compared to the real coals, but I love that stuff.

Grap3fruitman said:
What kind of drums are those? Those aren't the Ion drums, are they?
ION'S. They're pretty sweet. I made fun of people who were buying this a year ago but after breaking my 4th drum set, I could of bought an ION with that $ so it was time to invest.

Leonsito

Yes Boss! said:
Sweet-ass Super Star Wars for the VC. Awesome game back in the day that is still awesome despite the brand's fall.

P1010910.jpg

And VOOT for 360 since Hori is actually shipping the sticks in October:

P1010911.jpg

Any tips for making pics to a TV that look as good as yours?

Struct09

Gameboy415 said:
...and last, but CERTAINLY not least. My miracle pick-up of the year:

0908Spidey.jpg

-The Amazing Spider-Man: Web of Fire for 32X - I CANNOT believe I found this! And at a Japanese recycle shop of all places! This was the last 32X game released in America and since there were so few copies released, it's incredibly hard to find and expensive. But I got it for only 2625円 (about $27)!!! :D :D :D

Of all things in this thread, I am most jealous of this. Nice find!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
will52 said:
DSC_1051.jpg

From top left:
RDS Flexfit Hat, Allsop mouse pad, 2600 Quarterly (v. 26, # 2, finally got it), Blazblue, Case of Heineken (one dead soldier pictured), Universal ipod Dock (iPod is always charged now), Deadmau5 - Random Album Title, The Chemical Brothers - Brotherhood, Red 360 controller play and charge pack, and 1400 XBL pts.

How do you like the Deadmau5 album?

neoism

Finally got one of these, been refusing for awhile!
msfzbb.jpg

30svus0.jpg

Seen this game late night for the first time, and it's what made me get the adapter, damn the music is awesome:D :D :D :D :D
21dr52h.jpg

33kep8i.jpg

2w4fzmh.jpg

5ximb8.jpg

Also got some cologne, and some other little stuff!

Willectro

Banned
djtiesto said:
How do you like the Deadmau5 album?

It's pretty good. I'm not one to buy CD's but those were 2 for $25 at HMV. Deadmau5 is from Toronto, so I gotta support a local artist.

Its got some crazy lows. With the right car audio system, its almost painful :D . My buddy says a few of the songs are similar, which they are in some cases, but Deadmau5 sticks to what he's good at. "Sometimes Things Get, Whatever" and "I Remember" are both great tracks in my opinion. If you like Deadmau5, check out Kaskade.

theluma

Was at the opening of a games store and they had a bunch of free tat

DSCF0383-1.png

Nintendo DS tablecloth/napkin/something...

DSCF0387-1.png

Ghostbusters the Game slime (which melted in the car to the point that I'm afraid to open it) and bobbling slimer. RE5 Chris Redfield figurine, Naruto (sucks) keychain and a tiny Pokemon platinum badge.

DSCF0391-1.png

Ghostbusters the Game inflatable slimer

DSCF0397-1.png

DSCF0392-1.png

DSCF0399-1.png

Gyakuten Kenji DSi with Gyakuten Kenji.

DSCF0400-1.png

Art Style Hacolife and Somnium and Flipnote Studios for my new DSi

DSCF0403-1.png

Nintendo la Rivista Ufficiale (Italian Official Nintendo Magazine) issue 94 with free Scribblenauts "two one seven" poster :D

DSCF0404-1.png

Tickets for Edinburgh Interactive Festival

DSCF0406-1.png

Random Lakitu figurine....

DSCF0411-1.png

..and some games. I actually found BG&E about a month ago but didn't have any cash on me.I hid it quite nicely behind a bunch of black "filler" empty game boxes and picked it up a couple of days ago :D

Ecto311

theluma said:
Ghostbusters the Game slime (which melted in the car to the point that I'm afraid to open it) and bobbling slimer. RE5 Chris Redfield figurine, Naruto (sucks) keychain and a tiny Pokemon platinum badge.

The slimer should stick down then pop up in the air. Lots better then any old bobble toy.

Yes Boss!

Leonsito said:
Any tips for making pics to a TV that look as good as yours?

I've actually got two jank HDTVs (one Samsung and one Vizeo), so the games could look better. If you are looking for tips there are usually threads that pop up from time-to-time about how to make Wii look better on HDTVs...usually they involve buying a plasma. Also, start with component cables at the very least to split the colors.

Machine

Recent pickups:

Excitebots
8-11-09pickups001.jpg

Little King's Story
8-11-09pickups002.jpg

I went fishing this past weekend. Our group ended up with 12 king salmon and one lake trout. I ended up with about a dozen filets like the one shown.
8-11-09pickups003.jpg

KanZolo

2h4dny1.jpg

DS:
Rhythm Heaven- $12 -amazon
Locks Quest- $10 -TRU

XBOX:
Oddworld: Munch Oddysee $2 -Gamestop
Splinter Cell - $1.30Gamestop
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomrrow - $2-Gamestop

360:
DMC 4 $5-Hollywood Video