• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

MysticalNinja2.jpg

It took me ages to track down a copy of this game that wasn't too expensive but I finally found it. Granted I did pay a bit too much for it but I love this game so much.

WEGGLES

red shoe paul said:
I used to have 'Power Supply', which was their debut album back in 2006. You guys just finding out about them? They released their Dawn Metropolis album online for free, I downloaded and listened but forgot to pick it up.
I've had Dawn Metropolis since they pre-released it on Waffles. I finally got around to ordering it on vinyl.

RelentlessRolento said:
I want to get them to come to miami, but I'll have to dream. I am considering doing a music video for them, but I have to contact them first.

Atleast you are in a town with more people than I have fingers.

I have NO HOPE of them coming to this small rural town in Canada :S

CiSTM said:
I Listened some clips from the album and just ordered it :) Thnx to you.

edit: and boy, their website is a fucking mess :lol Cool looks and all but a mess.

A mess in what way? The only issue I could see is that it fits to the size of your screen causing it to look a little grainy. :S

ReXXXSoprano said:
PICT0258.jpg

Picked up the LE version of Actress Again. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it later.

Very nice! :) I just went with the regular version myself, should have it in a few days hopefully. Now go post in the Actress Again thread I just made :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of the people getting AA now... I loved AC to death, and I really want the new game, but alas, my gaming cash is tied up for the time being. Oh well, eventually.

Guess I'll post my newest gaming get in a bit...

Chacranajxy said:
Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of the people getting AA now... I loved AC to death, and I really want the new game, but alas, my gaming cash is tied up for the time being. Oh well, eventually.

Guess I'll post my newest gaming get in a bit...

Woah, the same Chacrana that is on AoD?!

kudos to everyone busting out the rare import pickups toward the end of the month...
wow...form the mystical ninja copy

nice work! I remember playing that years ago...loved it

Danny Dudekisser

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Woah, the same Chacrana that is on AoD?!

Well, it's... not exactly a common name, now is it?

Anyway, here's my recent pickups:

img_0007.jpg

Street Fighter IV for the PC, because I like the pretty pictures that the PC version offers. Full Metal Panic: TSR on Blu because I like pretty pictures. The monitor they use at EVO because I need a display at school that I can play Beatmania and other timing sensitive games on... this will be complimenting the 24" Dell monitor I already have. Both give me pretty pictures. So far, it is heart touching, just like the box claims. I'm eventually going to use it as a dedicated monitor for the Supergun I'm getting... and for Saturn shmups, too.

Not pictured: My iPhone 3GS... cuz I used it to take the picture, so how am I gonna snap a shot of it? I could take a picture into a mirror, but that would be gaudy and stupid.

Stalfos

Android18a said:
Chapter 2 of Tales of Monkey Island =D Woots! No photo, but I took a random screengrab...
6h0s20.jpg

I took the grab so presumably it counts? XD
Oh cool its up. I wonder why I didn't get an e-mail from them.

Proc

Grabbed some points for shadow complex. I also put a pre-order in for the demon's souls collectors edition.

I also went with a few friends to the Toronto After Dark film festival to watch some awesome horror movies. Fun times.

2dwiaac.jpg

20sers6.jpg

I also grabbed these awesome games for my iPhone. Loving it as my primary portable gaming device:

10zbp50.jpg

pickup_aug09_a.jpg

New cellphone, the Sony Ericsson C905

pickup_aug09_b.jpg

DS games. Away Shuffle Dungeon, Kurupoto, Jagged Alliance, Boing Docomodake DS, Retro Game Challenge, Hotel Dusk, Jake Hunter: Memories of the past and The World Ends With You

pickup_aug09_c.jpg

Went to Sinfonia Dramatica, a concert with music by Chris Hülsbeck and Yoko Shimomura preformed by the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra.

pickup_aug09_d.jpg

Got some stuff signed.

pickup_aug09_e.jpg

The Psytronik release of Knight 'n' Grail, a new metroidvania game on the C64.

Yes Boss!

Got a sexy-hot Pressure Cooker. First ever pressure cooker. Usually I never put plastic of any type in my Kitchen but I had to make an exception with this piece (plastic handles).

P1020059.jpg

T1tan

Neo Member
neopokekun said:
pickup_aug09_b.jpg

DS games. Away Shuffle Dungeon, Kurupoto, Jagged Alliance, Boing Docomodake DS, Retro Game Challenge, Hotel Dusk, Jake Hunter: Memories of the past and The World Ends With You

Good haul! Would love some impressions on Jake Hunter and Jagged Alliance once you've played through them.

mjc

Decided to track down all three of the PW games today since I only played the original for a very short time before trading it in years ago. I had to order a case/manual online for PW1 though :/

5bca44bd.jpg

Lkr

mjc said:
Decided to track down all three of the PW games today since I only played the original for a very short time before trading it in years ago. I had to order a case/manual online for PW1 though :/

5bca44bd.jpg
GREAT pickup. You will no doubt enjoy all of those games. I still need Trials and Tribulations, however. It seems no store carries it.

Dynamic3

OMG Aero said:
MysticalNinja2.jpg

It took me ages to track down a copy of this game that wasn't too expensive but I finally found it. Granted I did pay a bit too much for it but I love this game so much.

WTF I had no idea they made a second!

Edit: Just found out that it's a side-scroller and not a Zelda like the first :(.

OMG Aero

Dynamic3 said:
WTF I had no idea they made a second!

Edit: Just found out that it's a side-scroller and not a Zelda like the first :(.
Yeah, it's still an awesome game though.
It's really fun if you go through the game with two players too.

Purkake4

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Circa 1990 Red View-Master Viewer
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/huelen1/Game%20Collections/d36a1db1.jpg[IMG]
Picked it up at an estate sale for 87 cents. These are awesome, not shitty like the new ones they make for the kiddies nowadays. These actually WORK. One of the last good models made, it came with a Muppets reel. This will be great for a recently-inherited classic reel collection of real-world locations![/QUOTE]

[img]http://wrt-brooke.syr.edu/cgbvb/archives/wonderfalls.jpg

rvy

Banned
Starwolf_UK said:
That sure is a surprise. I wasn't expecting the Konami re-issues to have updated covers with the new PEGI logos (for comparison here is the original version)
It's only for 2nd Runner though. All the other re-issues have the same PEGI design.

WEGGLES

neopokekun said:
pickup_aug09_b.jpg

Hotel Dusk is awesome. Play it first! :D

Danny Dudekisser

SonOfABeep said:
So Chacrana and Rolento are on GAF nows? And Markman? And JEKKI??

Even Inufaye's on here.. sheeit.

I think I declare the GGT dead.

I dunno if I'd be considered to be "on GAF"... I just wanted to check out the pick-ups thread, honestly. But ya never know.

Liquidus said:
Based on recommendation (by me hahah):
Creemore Springs
"You're pretty good"... reminds me of James Ready 5.5.

Drink up Judah Ben Hur! I don't want to overrate it, but if I ever have a beer choice and Creemore is one of the choices, its the only choice. The problem is it has weekly deliveries and sometimes the Beer Store runs out :(

Chacranajxy said:
I dunno if I'd be considered to be "on GAF"... I just wanted to check out the pick-ups thread, honestly. But ya never know.

Ah you gotta stay and post regularly man, those AoD days where it was pretty much me, you and a couple of others posting news and stuff were great :)

Dizzy-4U

- Chronicles of Riddick: Awesome game. Bought the Ps3 version because my catalog is shorter than my 360 one and I wanted to even them a little bit.

- Valkyria Chronicles: This is the second time I buy it. I gave the first one as a gift to a friend. One of the best games I've played this generation so far.

- Blazblue: Finally the PS3 version arrived from play-asia. It took 40 days to arrive.

- Xenosaga Movie DVD: Already have this one. I bought a second copy because of my fascination of the series. I buy anything realted to Xeno whenever I can.

if7k78.png

- Western Digital 250gb HDD: Very nice HDD. I bought it to use it with the Wii. I haven't put much use to it yet since I've got like two Wii games so far, but it's nice not to hear the horrible spinning noice of the discs anymore.

2j5gryg.png

- Termo Electrico: Very practical item. I think in Britain they call it electric teapot or something like that. I'm a "Mate" junkie and I'm constantly drinking it all the time. I bought this because you can regulate the temperature of the water and since the "Mate" needs to be a few degrees below the boiling point, it's usefull specially for me and my sutpid memory (always forget that I put the teapot in the fire and the water is always boiled).

2ajhg4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom