• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes Boss!

Some new sticks for the game room!

P1020032.jpg

Yami

Netto-kun said:
Let's just say that I was really happy when Viz picked up the license for Slam Dunk.:D And yes, I think the translation is pretty good.

Awesome, looks like a pickup for me then. Shame about Viz's Shounen Jump imprint style, I feel that it ruins the look of the cover :<

vocab said:
Viz treats Takehiko Inoue's work very well. The translation is fine. Also, you should really check out REAL.

Yeah, been meaning to check that out as well. Buzzer Beater was a quite neat little story to read, so yeah, need to grab some REAL as well. I love his basketball stuff.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Wow, that's a nice picture!

Yes Boss! ftw!

You know, it has been gnawing at me the last few months that I only had a small SE and my sole TE I had was chopped up for a Wii mod (yet to be completed). Seeing the sticks go down to sub $130 was making me a bit nervous that they weren't going to be around forever so I grabbed them up in one week. Now I'm good to go for the fall. I guess I'm officially in with the Mad Catz collecting now. Just waiting for some new news! After seeing the white version I'm totally HOT for the Asian flavor. Probably most excited with what Mad Catz might be bringing to the table for the Wii.

I've got something arriving tomorrow which is super-hot. Not game-related but has to do with one of my other hobbies.

HUELEN10

Today was like the best day ever if you are into retro stuff!
YAMAHA SHS-10 Keytar
41cb5185.jpg

1b5a0f3c.jpg

It finally came, and I am absolutely in love. Thanks to this, I no longer have the funds for a PS3 Slim at launch, but it was SO FUCKING WORTH IT. The built-in FM sounds sound exactly like I remember them, and it truly is a blast from the past. MIDI functionality will be its main use, as I want an NES Chiptune Keytar, but that will have to wait until later this week when I can get a MIDI/USB interface or cable. FM or MIDI, this thing is awesome. The first thing I did was hit the DEMO button and listen to "Last Christmas". I'm still getting the hang of playing it, but I'm getting there. Neck' thicker than I thought, so it's taking me a while to adjust.
Circa 1990 Red View-Master Viewer
d36a1db1.jpg

Picked it up at an estate sale for 87 cents. These are awesome, not shitty like the new ones they make for the kiddies nowadays. These actually WORK. One of the last good models made, it came with a Muppets reel. This will be great for a recently-inherited classic reel collection of real-world locations!

Great day retro-wise. This keytar's probably as old as me, if not slightly younger. God I feel old!

One thing though, a keyboard guitar, like any guitar for that matter, needs a name. I can't think of one that captures the instrument's personality yet. Any ideas?

HUELEN10 said:
Picked it up at an estate sale for 87 cents. These are awesome, not shitty like the new ones they make for the kiddies nowadays.

What do they make these days? No reels that rotate around with awesome pics?

This is what I remember having. Looking back, it's hard to believe I used to spend my allowance on these things. :lol

View-master-scheiben.jpg

HUELEN10

VGChampion said:
What do they make these days? No reels that rotate around with awesome pics?
The reels haven't changed at all, after all these years, but the viewers have. The older ones, like this one that I got, are spaced in such a way that a child or an adult can see the 3D just fine. It is roomy, and you can even wear glasses with it without much hassle.
9ihixi.png

These suck. First of all, you aren't looking at the real, you are looking at a reflection of said reel. Then there's the fact that the spacing sucks, if you are over 4, you're fucked. Also, look at that lever that is pulled AWAY from your face instead of clicking it down like a camera's flash! What were they thinking! Sure the reel technically gets more light hitting it, but due to the shitty reflection mechanism inside, it appears darker. With the older viewer it looked all-around good in ambient light and sunny days!

Kids these days simply don't have it as good.

I think 3D reels are a neat little thing to collect. Sure was awesome back in the day, but there is a little charm to them even now!

HUELEN10

BloodySinner said:
Yeah, so it doesn't get stolen.
Ain't gonna do shit to prevent it from being stolen. :lol
I know where you're going with this dude, and wise move too! I wish I would have done the same. :(

HUELEN10

Yes Boss! said:
Wow, that is from the early 90s? Looks the same as the one I had in the seventies as a child...though they were around when my parents were kids in the forties.
GAF liked the viewer more than the keytar. :(

As per your reply, till the 90s, they mostly had the same great design!
1538rxe.png

This is the model "G" circa 1962! Same design, just a bit more older looking. :D

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
went to flea market ( well we call it people market here ) after Hospital , bought some stuff , totoal cost $33.

anyway , from my Dr

3839590558_9df1f09482_o.jpg

:(

from the flea market

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2475/3838800597_97dfa2c691_o.jpg
( it meowing when you hold/press it )

new Flashlight to replace my shitty old one
3838800671_db705b357c_o.jpg

Voodoo 2 :lol ( well I think it's Voodod 2 I really I dunno , but seller told me it's Voodoo 2 , sad thing that I will never know if it's Voodoo 2 or not since i will never use it ) , was $5

3839590198_42fde53503_o.jpg

3839590754_bf4ff41365_o.jpg

3838801219_40a9edc56c_o.jpg

and was surprised from this , it's first gen PSX , SCPH 1001 , made in japan , the audiophile one too , stupid seller ( foreigner ) sold me this working machine for $12 , maybe it has aids or swine flu ..

3838800741_67ce231ffc_o.jpg

3839590604_372aba817b_o.jpg

3839590466_43fae8e153_o.jpg

klee123

Totobeni said:
and was surprised from this , it's first gen PSX , SCPH 1001 , made in japan , the audiophile one too , stupid seller ( foreigner ) sold me this working machine for $12 , maybe it has aids or swine flu ..

The fact that the system is still working means that the owner didn't use it often back then. The system was notorious for having a crappy disc drive and was prone to breaking.

WEGGLES said:
IMG_0016.jpg

http://www.dawnmetropolis.com

Awesome chiptune rock music. Mermaid is my favourite song :)

You are by far the smartest man on GAF for this alone. I agree. superb album. Mermaid is pure gold. Strangely it was the only song written not by the regular lead who normally writes the songs.

I want to get them to come to miami, but I'll have to dream. I am considering doing a music video for them, but I have to contact them first.

Jazzem

imgp0327.jpg

Rhythm Paradise was £15, as it was £20 in GAME and I had £5 on my member card :D The Mega Drive game is Ranger-X, not played it yet but I've heard good things and it was only £3 or so. My local HMV is still selling a few Wii points cards, so I pick them up every now and then to use on my DSi instead of buying the more expensive Nintendo points.

Speaking of DSi, some recent DSiWare fun:

imgp0328.jpg
imgp0330.jpg

Loving both! Sujin is a particularly pleasant surprise. Mario vs Donkey Kong shall be joining them soon!

IMG_1291.jpg

Got the Motionplus weeks ago for £15
Nintendogs was £5 (it was in-stock online at GAME/Gamestation for a few minutes on Saturday, was convinced they would send out a used copy or cancel the order but neither happened so I'm impressed)
Was doing some errands in town but before leaving decided to check Cex stock online (to see if there was anything of interest) and noticed they had a copy of Etrian Odyssey...for an insane £8

S. L.

Totobeni said:
went to flea market ( well we call it people market here ) after Hospital , bought some stuff , totoal cost $33.

Voodoo 2 :lol ( well I think it's Voodod 2 I really I dunno , but seller told me it's Voodoo 2 , sad thing that I will never know if it's Voodoo 2 or not since i will never use it ) , was $5

3839590198_42fde53503_o.jpg
doesn't look like a voodoo2 at all to me

ACE 1991

Boxed games (isn't the FFIV box bizarre?):
CopyofPicture001.jpg

downloaded titles (I also got castle crashers, but am too lazy to take a picture):
Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Amazon'd a new black 360 controller:
Picture005.jpg

Lastly is by far my cheapest ($5 shipped on amazon) and favorite pickup of the month. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of or use "real triggers." Basically, they are little nubs that attach to R2 and L2, making the buttons far easier to hold for long periods of time:
Picture002-1.jpg

Chorazin

ACE 1991 said:
Lastly is by far my cheapest ($5 shipped on amazon) and favorite pickup of the month. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of or use "real triggers." Basically, they are little nubs that attach to R2 and L2, making the buttons far easier to hold for long periods of time:
Picture002-1.jpg

Love the real triggers, ordered two pairs of them a while back. It would be hard to go back to a standard DS3 now!

WEGGLES said:

I used to have 'Power Supply', which was their debut album back in 2006. You guys just finding out about them? They released their Dawn Metropolis album online for free, I downloaded and listened but forgot to pick it up.

mug

Totobeni said:
Not a Voodoo2 as they weren't videocards and were equipped with 2 vga ports for input/output. Looks like one of those shitty SIS videocards that were used in educational machines.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
mug said:
Not a Voodoo2 as they weren't videocards and were equipped with 2 vga ports for input/output. Looks like one of those shitty SIS videocards that were used in educational machines.

S. L. said:
doesn't look like a voodoo2 at all to me

I thought so , there was something wrong with the seller , didn't give me any straight answer , just told me it's Voodoo 2 and that he is sure about it and used to play Dark Forces on it and other crap ..

and IIRC Voodoo 2 should be way bigger .

anyway , it look like worse than the time I bought famicom by false infos from a seller in the same fucking market ( but another seller ) and then turned to be Famicom clone .

what a waste of money :(

Chorazin

ACE 1991 said:
Yeah. I think every DS3 should ship with them.

I've seen them on the counter at most Gamestops now, so I'm just glad people have access to them at a retail level.

My DS3 is a monster through, it has the Triggers and the Sony Chatpad. Doesn't help any that the DS3 is the white Japanese one and the Chatpad is black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom