• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagami

JEKKI said:
pffft, DVD-Rs

Allow me:
2en00og.jpg

Dizzy-4U said:
Termo Electrico: Very practical item. I think in Britain they call it electric teapot or something like that. I'm a "Mate" junkie and I'm constantly drinking it all the time. I bought this because you can regulate the temperature of the water and since the "Mate" needs to be a few degrees below the boiling point, it's usefull specially for me and my sutpid memory (always forget that I put the teapot in the fire and the water is always boiled).

It's funny, it seems like such an easy little household item, but I've never owned one. I drink instant drinks often, so being able to just plug in a pot and let it wait on me for a change instead of having to fool with the stove would be a Godsend. I'm glad you mentioned that, it's something I need pronto.

Anyway, I'll start my next batch of August pick-ups. First, I grabbed this cool old lamp. It fit the exact style I was looking for, so that was exciting. I had to replace the shade, but I think it turned out OK.

aug1.jpg

Next up, I know GAF gives me hell for these not-so-terribly-classy bits of decor, but a few GAFfers have tossed a kind word or two towards this stuff in the past, so I figure I'll share. The latest batch of posters includes a 16x20" and two 8x10" each with cool frames. They aren't hung yet obviously (it'd be rad to have ping-pong walls), but they're moving to my den today.

aug2.jpg

They turned out really cool and beeeeautiful. Rockin' tits on the walls add tons of pizazz, can't argue with a fact. Perhaps a tad crass, but it's all in one room meant for me and my buds. Most folks get a kick out of the whole theme, a few joke aside. Great atmosphere, I thank these lovely models for contributing to that.

aug3.jpg

Finally, SingStar Queen. So good. Ol' Freddie is fucking tough to keep up with! I don't think it's as overall strong a SingStar package as ABBA, but honestly it's way more popular among folks I know. I ended up mostly doing ABBA solo, but everyone wants to join in on the Queen stuff. I'd recommend the PS3 over PS2 version, the bonus songs are worth a few extra bucks.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider popped in my box yesterday, along with the hardback mini art book, so I've yet to play it. I had my eyes on it leading into its flopped launch, but who WOULDN'T be scared off by those reviews. It seems like it should totally be my cup of tea just as long as it plays halfway competently, so I'm finally on board. Extra LTTP, cautiously optimistic, fingers crossed, but on board nonetheless.

I also picked up the Hannah Montana movie Blu-Ray. I bought the soundtrack back in April after digging Miley Cyrus' last CD, and that was solid, so hopefully the movie lives up.

djdac

Toy Soldier said:
aug2.jpg

They turned out really cool and beeeeautiful. Rockin' tits on the walls add tons of pizazz, can't argue with a fact. Perhaps a tad crass, but it's all in one room meant for me and my buds. Most folks get a kick out of the whole theme, a few joke aside. Great atmosphere, I thank these lovely models for contributing to that.

Is that Nadine on the couch?

Room 3.0 update acquired!

Whats new from august?
-Just painted the room (used to be an ugly blue with glow in the dark stars everywhere, yeah, i outgrew it maybe 7 years ago)
-TV... 40 inch Samsung LN40B540 (amazing)
-TV stand (just got last night)

Thank you government of Canada for the biggest tax rebate cheque yet.

240_1247.jpg

240_1248.jpg

ASilva

Neo Member
TouchMyBox said:

Whats new from august?
-Just painted the room (used to be an ugly blue with glow in the dark stars everywhere, yeah, i outgrew it maybe 7 years ago)

That's some kickass bass. is that a sadowsky?

ASilva said:
That's some kickass bass. is that a sadowsky?

It's actually a heavily modified Squier (I know, i know...) I also have a blue fender jazz bass for when I want to get my groove on with a 4-string.

ASilva

Neo Member
TouchMyBox said:
It's actually a heavily modified Squier (I know, i know...) I also have a blue fender jazz bass for when I want to get my groove on with a 4-string.

Squier is not bad at all. At a glance it really looked like a sadowsky :D

I'm a yamaha fan, BB615. Will get a TRB1005 or 5P2 someday haha

ASilva said:
Squier is not bad at all. At a glance it really looked like a sadowsky :D

I'm a yamaha fan, BB615. Will get a TRB1005 or 5P2 someday haha

I keep toying with the idea of picking myself up a gibson, playing some slap solos on those things at the music store is close to paradise :D

That said, I can't justify spending money on a new bass unless if I start another band.

Polk

S5003347.JPG

I live how they removed any mention of Xbox Live (no Live in Poland).
S5003350.JPG

S5003358.JPG

Where the hell is my limited edition content? Fuck you whoever forgot to put them, and extra fuck you to MS for not shutting down site that could help me get MY code.

S5003356.JPG

Each for about $7. They didn't have The Dig and and Full Throttle anymore though :(

migulic

Polk said:
S5003356.JPG

Each for about $7. They didn't have The Dig and and Full Throttle anymore though :(

Did you buy those in Poland too? So did I, except I also got Full Throttle :) Posted them earlier in this thread.

Polk

migulic said:
Did you buy those in Poland too? So did I, except I also got Full Throttle :) Posted them earlier in this thread.
Yeah, every empik has them on the cheap right now. But not all stores have every game. I'll have to order them online I suppose.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
It's not fake, it's just a different case.

Nah, it definitely is. Most counterfeits use the transparent case, and it's very easy to see that the cover is low quality (the DS logo on the left isn't even in the right place). Also I'm pretty sure the FF4 logo is supposed to be a shiny silver, but in the photo it looks matte white. Still, maybe I'm wrong.

BlueMagic

Dizzy-4U said:
- Termo Electrico: Very practical item. I think in Britain they call it electric teapot or something like that. I'm a "Mate" junkie and I'm constantly drinking it all the time. I bought this because you can regulate the temperature of the water and since the "Mate" needs to be a few degrees below the boiling point, it's usefull specially for me and my sutpid memory (always forget that I put the teapot in the fire and the water is always boiled).
2ajhg4.png

Are you from Argentina?
Edit: I just saw it on your profile. I'm from Argentina too. Thought it was cool to see mate around GAF :lol

migulic

Polk said:
Yeah, every empik has them on the cheap right now. But not all stores have every game. I'll have to order them online I suppose.

OK, I got lucky since I was able to buy all of them at one store (Gdańsk Matarnia, if you happen to live around there). Although I didn't know The Dig was part of the lineup too, might have to look for that then. It's not on empik.com.pl, though...

Ledsen

TouchMyBox said:

Whats new from august?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/TouchMyBox/240_1247.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/TouchMyBox/240_1248.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Don't thank the government for giving you back the money you lent them :P

DiGi-C

Banned
Some great stuff in this thread, really enjoyed reading it.

Here's my purchaces for August, though they're pretty lame in comparason lol. Its my Birthday in 3 weeks so will be much more I hope :)

l_54213ee915c04b969c8e1b643b1e4150.jpg

Ashour

Lkr said:
GREAT pickup. You will no doubt enjoy all of those games. I still need Trials and Tribulations, however. It seems no store carries it.

I love Trials and Tribulations you should search for it like your life depends on it.

Dizzy-4U said:
- Termo Electrico: Very practical item. I think in Britain they call it electric teapot or something like that. I'm a "Mate" junkie and I'm constantly drinking it all the time. I bought this because you can regulate the temperature of the water and since the "Mate" needs to be a few degrees below the boiling point, it's usefull specially for me and my sutpid memory (always forget that I put the teapot in the fire and the water is always boiled).

2ajhg4.png
I've been looking for a good Mate cup, where did you get yours and do you recommend a particular brand of Mate?
EDIT: GAH! Should have known you are in Argentina. It's a little bit farther than I am willing to go. :p

djdac said:
Is that Nadine on the couch?

Yep, that's Nadine. Awesome shot of her.

Patrick Roy said:
Interesting... Where can we see the uncensored versions? :D

Sure thing. I finally got 'em on the wall this morning so I'll take a pic and send it.

I've got other similar prints up, let me know if you want to see those too.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Toy Soldier said:
Do they make hats with gold threads / logos for all teams? I'd love an NYK hat like that.
I'm not sure, I got really lucky and found it in the clearance section of a store for $3 LOL. :lol
(90% off)

Polk

Haeleos said:
My friend lives in Warsaw and we play online every other day. There's no support for it there, though.
As I said before, you can play online if you register account to other country then Poland.
But even then it's not perfect. According to Microsoft Poland=Germany, so everything that's not avaible there (like Doom or Wolfenstein 3D) is IP-blocked in Poland too.
As I said in other topic, Certified Gold Partner of Microsoft included instruction how to create US account (even provided Polish embassy address for buyer's convenience) with Xbox Live prepaid cards. It's that ass-backwards.
Hell, even some Games for Windows Live games come without code, so you won't get achievements (ie. Fallout 3). Publishers tend to include codes if it's has some multiplayer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom