• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Good! Good!

taiq7k.jpg

LiK

Liquidus said:
Good! Good!
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i128/liquidus13/NeoGaf/IMG_0002-1.jpg[/QUOTE]

bah, you're missing Raiden and the the Nightvision Goggle soldier chase figures!

[spoiler]i have them but i'm not selling. ;)[/spoiler]

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
xxracerxx said:
I so want these, did you just eBay them?

I have both sets of Berserk Kubricks.

Yeah, pretty cheap too at $109.

LiK said:
bah, you're missing Raiden and the the Nightvision Goggle soldier chase figures!

i have them but i'm not selling. ;)

Thanks captain bring down. Oh I know what I need but it gets overwhelming. One of these days...

LiK

Liquidus said:
Thanks captain bring down. Oh I know what I need but it gets overwhelming. One of these days...

i know, they're very rare now. i paid $100 for Raiden and $150 for the NVG soldier. and that was like 2 years ago!

good luck with your hunt, fellow MGS lover.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
LiK said:
i know, they're very rare now. i paid $100 for Raiden and $150 for the NVG soldier. and that was like 2 years ago!

good luck with your hunt, fellow MGS lover.

Yeah you can still find those for those prices if you look hard enough. My buddy got a Raiden a couple weeks ago for $99.

LiK

Liquidus said:
Yeah you can still find those for those prices if you look hard enough. My buddy got a Raiden a couple weeks ago for $99.

oh, going for the same price after all these years. interesting. i have them in storage, i need to pose old Raiden with the new one of these days.

Ichigo

Getting married an all you sure do get a lot of stuff.

Here is the prize: New 50 inch Samsung plasma, not sure how I talked the wife into that one:D My wedding party also all kicked in and picked me up a PS3 and SF IV, god I love those guys.
zk09k2.jpg

Some games, another controller, and movies to go with the new toys
dot7nl.jpg

Overweight Daughter of the King
mtbh4k.jpg

My 360 just RROD, I have it on life support right now in a desperate attempt to keep it going so I can play Madden and Shadow Complex.
e9g3rr.jpg

Got 3 HDMI cables from monoprice.com for under 30 bucks shipped.
2hf2b2o.jpg

Lastly my brother picked me up a case of Dogfish Head 120min IPA, one of the best brews I've ever tasted. We drank half the case the night of the wedding (the whole wedding party not just us) and we are saving the other half of the case for a year to see how different it tastes.
j9v5vd.jpg

CiSTM said:
What's this game is about ? I have seen pics of it but never really understood WTF was going on :lol
It's a party game in the vein of Mario Party but it has a solo story mode too. It also features a rather big gallery of art from all the Dokodemo Issho titles. Every bit of art has a description that is translated into English! The whole game is in English except for the narrator lady with a very soothing voice that is left in Japanese.

I love the game so far. Maybe I should make a separate thread for it so that more people can learn about this very import friendly title. Toro! Let's Party! (that's its real English title) lets you save the screenshots anywhere when you press Select, so I'll decorate the thread with screenies too.

SkraWow

Neo Member
First post, love this thread. Also, Yes Boss! hope your enjoying that copy of Mars Matrix.

Some games:
42p74.jpg

Reading material:
foje40.jpg

28wgp01.jpg

Virgin Mobile FreeFest Tix:
102jhuo.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Chacranajxy said:
Hmm.... Asahi... I haven't had that stuff in a long time. I kinda miss it.

They seem to be phasing out Asahi (and have ever only had cans only) at MOST of the LCBOs. Now all they have is Sapporo.. aside from the Spadina and Dundas location in Toronto which has a decent selection of Asian beers and liquors.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
LOVE & TRUTH said:
Yeah, really! English manual too.

Any trophies for this game? I really enjoyed the original PSN download and got all the trophies even though I had no idea what I was reading.

devilru

Neo Member
LOVE & TRUTH said:
Toro to Morimori (Toro Anniversary Collection) -- Asian version with English subs.

What exactly is it? Just party games?

EDIT: Just had a look at a trailer, tell us how good the translations are or if they're very Engrish.

Third post this month, didn't think I would pick so many things.

Batman AA for $40, haven't had much time to play it yet since I also picked up...
2pqot8h.jpg

MSI Wind, my first netbook, using it to post this in fact
mmzvhs.jpg

Also not many Batman CE pics oddly.

Ok, Sept can't come any sooner.

Liquidus said:
Worst DVD case ever? I still think the Simpsons Season 6 is worse.
I wish we could still get regular season 6 cases. I hate the odd Homer head. =(

Related, I got my season 12 set last week and it came damaged. All you guys bitching about Amazon overusing packaging in previous threads I hate. Now they use jack and almost everything I get is damaged. Argh.

Yay, more Toro info! ^_^

devilru said:
What exactly is it? Just party games?
EDIT: Just had a look at a trailer, tell us how good the translations are or if they're very Engrish.
Yes, it's a collection of mini-games. Of adorable mini-games with Toro and friends, mind you. It also has an online ranking, I think.

As for the English, I've noticed a couple of minor misspellings (like "the" instead of "that") but overall it's very passable. However, English is not my native language so you might have another opinion. AFAIR, the translation was handled by the Demon's Souls team, btw.

Liquidus said:
Any trophies for this game? I really enjoyed the original PSN download and got all the trophies even though I had no idea what I was reading.
There's a lot of trophies for this, and I mean a lot. Even some golds and a platinum (gonna be my first platinum, hehe).

Jason

august09pickup9.jpg

Retro Game Challenge, The World Ends with You, $20 PSN Card

august09pickup10.jpg

Saw some movies (District 9, Departures, Moon)
All excellent.

august09pickup11.jpg

Moyashimon Vol. 8 Limited Edition
<3

august09pickup12.jpg

Nike Free 5.0 V4
The most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. It's like I'm wearing...

nothingatall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom