• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
STG said:
wk2phf.jpg
Seems like I've seen several Viva Pinata: TiP pickups lately. Never did play my copy...time for a GAF lttp?

Max

I am not Max
Heh, I had to ask them to open the box to check if everything was alright before I left the store

Dents worry me :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Kai Ozu I see what you're doing there..... You've got a next gen "NeoGeo" setup going on... very awesome pickups.

Kai Ozu

I don’t notice any lag, and I don’t know if DS1 will work. It says PS2 all over the box, so. And any 360 controller will do.

And yes, it's almost perfect. All I need is more Neo games on these systems and it will be all good. :D

HUELEN10

Kai Ozu said:
I don’t notice any lag, and I don’t know if DS1 will work. It says PS2 all over the box, so. And any 360 controller will do.

And yes, it's almost perfect. All I need is more Neo games on these systems and it will be all good. :D
Almost perfect? What makes it "almost"? I want to buy one for games that need a decent D-Pad & Katamari, but it is too pricey if there is a possible dealbreaker.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Kai Ozu said:
I support you in your efforts sir! I also suddenly developed an appreciation for the black 360 Elite. I always liked the white 360 as a kind of "New Dreamcast", but a "New NeoGeo" concept works well too :)

Kai Ozu

To be safe, I would wait for reviews about this thing if you are that serious about it. From what I have played with my many ps2 arcade sticks, it works perfectly. The only thing that holds it back is the guide button is on the converter itself.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kai Ozu said:
To be safe, I would wait for reviews about this thing if you are that serious about it. From what I have played with my many ps2 arcade sticks, it works perfectly. The only thing that holds it back is the guide button is on the converter itself.

I didn't write my review yet but.

I tested over 40+ PS1/PS2 sticks.

It is good.

Worth it.

Manp

so it's time for some upgrades to my PC...

got a new monitor, Asus 24" 1080p:
f3dfsn.jpg

a new cpu to replace my E8400, Intel C2Quad Q9650:
2m08es.jpg

those 2 more cores are going to come in handy :)

and a new hdd (1TB)
2s9ynuu.png

:)

Jason said:
august09pickup9.jpg

Retro Game Challenge, The World Ends with You, $20 PSN Card

august09pickup10.jpg

Saw some movies (District 9, Departures, Moon)
All excellent.

august09pickup11.jpg

Moyashimon Vol. 8 Limited Edition
<3

august09pickup12.jpg

Nike Free 5.0 V4
The most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. It's like I'm wearing...

nothingatall.gif

LOL...it looks like you have a limited Danboard Prime in the background!:D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"being all banged up" means exactly what?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
randomlyrossy said:
Exactly what it says, pretty much all the slim boxes seen so far have a corner bashed in.
Oooh! I had no idea :lol Thanks

zero2000

Banned
I pretty much didn't get diddly squat in August.

This is why:

pic3.jpg

$550 -_-

I did just get this in the mail yesterday:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

I got it off Amazon since they were having an awesome sale on memory sticks the other day (they still might). I got the 8 gb Memory stick for $20. $25 with shipping.

Normal price is usually around 70 or 80 dollars aren't they? Either way, awesome for only $20.

Also Batman came the same day from Gamefly. Not really a pic up though. :lol

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Traded some games in at Amazon and picked these two up.

3862684678_ec3b8e8827.jpg

Carnival Games was for my Mom. Her birthday was on the 16th and I wanted to pick it up for her since she has been commenting about it every time she sees a commercial for it.

To repay for this sin I preordered Scribblenauts with the remaining trade in credit.

Alucrid

Banned
DSCN1291.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

Tales of the Abyss and Suikoden 3 would've been complete if gamestop didn't decide to put their stickers on the covers...idiots.
DSCN1290.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

ryan-ts

Alucrid said:
DSCN1291.jpg

DSCN1293.jpg

Tales of the Abyss and Suikoden 3 would've been complete if gamestop didn't decide to pit their stickers on the covers...idiots.

So damn true, those stickers are evil, proof enough that Gamestop is the work of the devil.

marwan

Banned
my best friend was nice enough to get me the XFX 285GTX video card for my birthday(aug 26th).

:D

27082009358.jpg

(also pictured, Samsung Omnia HD and iPhone 3GS 32GB, also previously bought in august)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom