• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
HUELEN10 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
2nvz289.png
Holy crap, THAT's why I thought the thread grew really fast. :lol

I usually just open the pick-up post, scan the pictures, then close it. I opened it up earlier and was wondering how the hell it got to 26 pages after only 3 days, and made a mental note to look tomorrow for some kind of event that caused a ton of people to post. :lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Thanks to MARKMAN and my coworker for picking up all of this stuff for me at Comic Con! I am forever in your debts. :D

3775444140_5981871793.jpg

3774638817_64e9b81af1.jpg

3774638507_b4d460ea4a.jpg

Gameboy415

BOTH of my packages came today! :D

0908SFBoxWSR.jpg

Wii Sports Resort - Thanks to Play-Asia!
Super Famicom Box - Look at the SIZE of this thing! These were in Japanese hotels back in the day and I managed to grab this one on eBay for an AMAZING price. It includes Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, Starfox, some golf game, and some Mahjong game. Fits great on my shelf and there's JUST enough room left on the right side for my (soon-to-be-purchased) Black Japanese Wii. :D

(All the other consoles/PC/etc. aren't new purchases!)

Time to try WSR before work!

KillerAJD

Actually got this stuff on Friday, but didn't have my camera with me. I got Dead Space, Sims 3, and the MoH collection for $10 a piece! Skate 2 was $20! On Friday I got to go to EA Redwood Shores for a Junior College summer course "field trip". We got to take a tour around the campus, talk with some people, etc. At the end, we got to shop in the store, and all PC games were $10, and console games were $20. Picked up what I wanted, and would have spent more, but I didn't have enough money, lol. Also picked up The Orange Box on Steam when i got home.
20ur8uc.jpg

n70jeq.jpg

2mxiy42.jpg

Got the following today:
P1010005-1.jpg

Platinum (Capcom Collection) for the ZX Spectrum, 3 Capcom PSP promo copies for my collection (Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble, Monster Hunter Second Freedom and Power Stone Collection) and Ryu Ga Gotoku Kenzan! (Yakuza Kenzan) for the PS3.

Best of all, I managed to get the following for my Megaman collection:
P1010005.jpg

Its a PC Doujin game which lets you play as Roll. It plays just like any of the NES games with 8 brand new Robot Masters as well as some returning ones (Cutman and Airman).

ckeur

LiK said:
whoa, grass needs some water stat!

Probably Bermuda grass or something similar that looks dead in the winter months. That pic would have been March/April before the grass turned green again.

the-iek

PS3 and three games. Bought it a few days ago, nice looking console, but fuck, it's collecting dust and finger prints like shit.

ps3.jpg

games.jpg

More is on the way, we're finally entering a nice stretch of games, but here's where I'm at over the past couple of weeks.

yoitsaugust.jpg

Giana Sisters DS, The Dark Spire, Wii Sports Resort, the latest Heavy Metal, and new Britney memorabilia (two bracelets and a keychain).

I'm glad I picked up The Dark Spire after its price tumble. It's neat and tough as nails, but I'd regret dropping much more than $10 for it.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
SnowWolf said:
Leonid Afremov giclee print. The reproduction is printed on canvas, but the cool thing is that Afremov adds additional brush marks on top of the print. Hard to tell it's not a real painting unless you're standing right next to it and staring intently.

xd0fb.jpg

295ygj9.jpg

I'm so stoked, that blew my eyes away very impressive for a repro. You should put some money on a nice frame for that one.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Snipes424 said:
I went Ikea crazy, still need to put up some pics and small things here and there but what I have so far

Nice choice on the bed, i it have also :p
My sister is a senior designer @ IKEA so i might pick up those book/dvd shelves with a nice familyprice ^^ they are looking sharp.

the-iek said:
Toy Soldier imported it from Germany ;)

Those hideous labels don't lie. :lol

Yeah, I went with Amazon.de. I rarely import, but with this one showing no signs of hitting North America, it was necessary. Especially when they just had it for like $15 Euros a few days ago.

It's totally worth it, great game...and obviously Amazon was a breeze to deal with.

I started collecting Transformers again. I'm starting with only G1 colors Starscream so I don't go broke buying everything in sight. So far I've got Universe Legends and Masterpiece. And the World's Smallest Transformers fig is in the mail.

uniss1.jpg

uniss2.jpg

mpss1.jpg

mpss2.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I have that Starscream, did not know you could stand him up on the stand :O

New buys;

2h66na8.jpg

Gameboy415

Shadowman16 said:
Best of all, I managed to get the following for my Megaman collection:
P1010005.jpg

Its a PC Doujin game which lets you play as Roll. It plays just like any of the NES games with 8 brand new Robot Masters as well as some returning ones (Cutman and Airman).

Whoah, cool!

Where did you find it??

My friend is a MegaMan fanatic and would love me forever if I got him a copy of this.

Gameboy415 said:
Whoah, cool!

Where did you find it??

My friend is a MegaMan fanatic and would love me forever if I got him a copy of this.

I found it on a Japanese auction site called MBOK (http://www.mbok.jp). The game was really hard to track down though (I get the impression that it didn't have many copies produced). Its extremely well done doujin game though, captures the spirit of the first 6 nes games perfectly

LosDaddie

Banned
Who does GAF use to host pictures?

I plan on posting my Pick-Up for the first time and need some info. I already have a PhotoBucket account.

zoku88

LosDaddie said:
Who does GAF use to host pictures?

I plan on posting my Pick-Up for the first time and need some info. I already have a PhotoBucket account.
I usually just use tinypic.

KillerAJD said:
Actually got this stuff on Friday, but didn't have my camera with me. I got Dead Space, Sims 3, and the MoH collection for $10 a piece! Skate 2 was $20! On Friday I got to go to EA Redwood Shores for a Junior College summer course "field trip". We got to take a tour around the campus, talk with some people, etc. At the end, we got to shop in the store, and all PC games were $10, and console games were $20. Picked up what I wanted, and would have spent more, but I didn't have enough money, lol. Also picked up The Orange Box on Steam when i got home.
20ur8uc.jpg

n70jeq.jpg

2mxiy42.jpg

Hi,
what type of keyboard is this?

.pettersson

AlfaTrion

smallmouth said:
I started collecting Transformers again. I'm starting with only G1 colors Starscream so I don't go broke buying everything in sight. So far I've got Universe Legends and Masterpiece. And the World's Smallest Transformers fig is in the mail.

uniss1.jpg

uniss2.jpg

mpss1.jpg

mpss2.jpg
I believe I have those. My masterpiece one is the american version though. All my other masterpiece guys are japanese :)

happy collecting! i wish I had money to continue my collecting as hardcore as i used to be :)

Kagami said:
Haha, awesome. :lol
(For anyone who missed it, AVGN did Mystery of Convoy in June:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16341858&postcount=2658 )
link no workie! :(

jergrah

Too bad I cant play Red Faction or NCAA since my 360 got the E74 this weekend

wvj.jpg

Best DLC Ever!

gzm.jpg

18 lbs of fresh blueberries my wife, sons and I picked at a local farm

7ooc.jpg

jergrah

Steven_Jitters said:
I like fresh blueberries but good lord... 18 lbs?

We froze most of them to use throughout the year when they arent in season. We usually buy frozen mixed berries at Costco and go through them pretty quick. Both my wife and I put them in our yogurt and/or oatmeal and my sons like to snack on them. 18lbs is a lot but theyll all get used up :)

zmet

Anyway, another haul without any games, but my package from Warner's red2blue promotion finally showed up today. Here's what I got for $86:
au1.jpg

Jago

Neo Member
inv3on.jpg

2v35ufp.jpg

2ztdboi.jpg

9zuh6w.jpg

r2vubd.jpg

Il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo best movie ever!

nd3acl.jpg

Best group ever!

2nw0o09.jpg

iPhone 3G 16G

1h6ycx.jpg

And the best album this year after Still Dangerous =)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
the-iek said:
PS3 and three games. Bought it a few days ago, nice looking console, but fuck, it's collecting dust and finger prints like shit.

games.jpg

how in hell you put LBP box like that , that not possible :O

are you a wizard or magician ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom