• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorador

Banned
Got some old/used stuff.

280720093421.jpg

When i saw Krazy Ivan in the store my eyes almost popped out :lol first time i saw that game was in a promotional video for the Playstation 1

olore

@Gameboy415: It`s NTSC. I bought it off Amazon and it has just been sitting on a shelf for the better part of two years. Excellent sci-fi. Been waiting to put together a nice home entertainment system on which to enjoy this fine series.

@nyprimus2: Have you checked the IMDB page for The Second Earth? Lots of information and a pretty active board.
It was an awesome show that got cancelled partly because of costs, they filmed large parts on location in the desert.
Why do i think it was an awesome show? Small group of people, all from different faces of life must work together in an unknown world against/with the natural inhabitants. Lots of other facets too. Pick it up if you have the means to. You won`t be disappointed.

Intentor

Neo Member
Helmholtz said:
DSCN1214copy.png

Y: The Last Man trades are new. Read them all in a day or two, didn't last long :(
Great ending though.

Man! Although Watchmen is amazing, Dark Knight Returns is also fantastic!

Nice pick-ups!

Helmholtz

Intentor said:
Man! Although Watchmen is amazing, Dark Knight Returns is also fantastic!

Nioce pick-ups!
Thanks! However I haven't read TDKR yet, because I'm saving it for my vacation. I've heard great things though. Watchmen got me into this :) Thinking about starting Preacher next since I can't find the third transmetropolitan trade.

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00781iaz.jpg

First pick-ups of this month (although bought last month...)!

- MGS4: The Complete Official Guide from Piggyback Books, an amazing strategy/history/and more guide;
- The Fountain, one of the best movies of Darren Aronofsky and the best performance of Hugh Jackman;
- Crimson Gem Saga, a nice JRPG just on the classic style I was looking for;
- GoW: Chain of Olympus for my girlfriend.

Madds

Helmholtz said:
DSCN1214copy.png

Y: The Last Man trades are new. Read them all in a day or two, didn't last long :(
Great ending though.

Excellent taste!

Also, is Robin making the "Dat Ass" face on the Dark Knight trade? :lol

Intentor

Neo Member
Helmholtz said:
Thanks! However I haven't read TDKR yet, because I'm saving it for my vacation. I've heard great things though. Watchmen got me into this :) Thinking about starting Preacher next since I can't find the third transmetropolitan trade.

I've made some research about Y: The last man and I've to tell you... AMAZING!

I'll order the comics ASAP! :D

Thanks for the (indirect) recommendation!

1es3si.jpg

Deadpool Vol. 1 trade paperback and Spider-man: Maximum Carnage trade paperback.

I've been in a huge comic trip lately. I'm almost done with Dark Phoenix saga, and I want more to read. SP:MC was a huge impulse buy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I still have the original printing of Pokemon Adventures somewhere. :lol
Yeah, I used to borrow the issues from the library as a kid, I'm damn glad they're redoing them as thick mangas.

mash440

Neo Member
2qwfsb8.jpg

G&L 2007 Legacy in Flake Blue called "Sonic".

I'm selling all my Xbox Games and my Xbox to buy it. I've sold 14 already raised £197 towards and Orange ASAT (Telecaster) which I will call Tails.

Has anyone else ever just sold everything? I'm not gonna come crawling back am I? I'm not looking forward to the Christmas season O.O. The guitar, it is beautiful and sounds awesome!

jergrah said:
Did you pick that up at Frys? I saw them selling it for like $3.50 the other week and almost snagged it.

argh, nope unfortunately think it was like 10 at target, sigh oh well still an awesome movie

Sadist

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I've been in a huge comic trip lately. I'm almost done with Dark Phoenix saga, and I want more to read. SP:MC was a huge impulse buy.
The Deadpool comic is genius btw. I loved the arc that ended this month :lol

djdac

3786135327_7f380e774e.jpg

Got these at Comic Con

3786138733_bf1a2fa09a_o.jpg

3786952342_0dfb801e36_o.jpg

Had the game in the middle for awhile, but got it autographed at Con.

3786957770_70fd8a72cc_o.jpg

Got this autographed poster for winning a round of Turtles Smash Up.

3786152993_3187a7485c.jpg

Those are all technically late July pick-ups, but since I was busy away in a business trip, I could not post them before.

First, some good books:

6e8acbeacc094e77c9275c76e0039e40.jpg

More reading material, local Edge:

80fd95473572aac9b6027960ec537f4b.jpg

Another 2 on the rip-off cartoon set:

741eac8b45465882baade9219a868896.jpg

Some sport titles for my US 360:

d890ac5eb39f564a905f0997b05c923e.jpg

cff7d1e784d2fe268e14b78d7209dcb5.jpg

And something for my Euro 360:

5bd95477e4cb2c2722ca0711a8646bab.jpg

Digital stuff from Steam:

8066eb696a8ff87a04d20358fce6dc31.jpg

85a4ce79fdadb41691eff1109a51b72a.jpg

And from Xbox Live:

7f96ab08f474b52148d4565b8c113215.jpg

And now, for the best part, another original Xbox for me, this one a Japanese machine:

97dd31d920ecf45223a7b4fabd16defb.jpg

ef7e65fee6724473367f075ee60ce3df.jpg

Box is in a pretty bad shape, as the game CDs as well, no controller (I have plenty) but I got it really cheap (US$ 20 + shipping) and the main unit is perfect (as durable is the original Xbox). Finally I can play those import games I have.

Nightz

A little late, but here are my pickups from Comic Con last week:

Castle Crashers
ix8rw7.jpg

Mighty Muggs
116ibzt.jpg

Comic Con Exclusive 25th Anniversary Edition Soundwave <3
2iu7s3t.jpg

Question mark block pillow :D
nwkbcx.jpg

Maximus.

Nightz said:
A little late, but here are my pickups from Comic Con last week:

Castle Crashers
ix8rw7.jpg

Comic Con Exclusive 25th Anniversary Edition Soundwave <3
2iu7s3t.jpg

wow id love to get a castle crasher figure for my desk :/ and the soundwave pick up is sick!! i got the reissue of soundwave from toys r us back in the day.

HUELEN10

So, I finally got those AMAZING GCN COMPONENT CABLES as you already know, and I have finally hooked them up. Most of you might think it is a pointless venture, especially considering the price of the sacred wire itself, due to the fact that I could just use my Wii. I have once question to ask all of you...
WHAT ABOUT THE GAMEBOY PLAYER?!?!??!
EXACTLY! Now, some of you may say S-Video cables might be enough, but once you go 480p, you just cannot go back.
7b97b086.jpg

d5c9c4ba.jpg

All colors are reproduced second to none, and everything is SHARP. Combine that with my HDTV's perfect zoom level and sharpness adjustment, and you've got the blockiest, truest, gb/c/a on TV experience I have ever seen!
3a504cc3.jpg

Combine that with Super Mario Advance 3, and a Horipad, and you've got the best Yoshi's Island experience imaginable! As you can probably tell, I am happy as fuck!
BTW, here is my controller drawer, kind of modest, but you can tell which system of mine gets the most loving...
14b4e1ab.jpg

a98aaf3d.jpg

Seriously though, it's so sharp and blocky and true, I might just play ever single GB/C/A game I own, just one more time...
b35d616c.jpg

Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?

Gameboy415 said:
I've been on a onsen trip to Jozankei/Hokkaido a while ago and had one of those in my hotel room. Those are pretty cool and rare. To see one live you will have to go to a onsen, since they still have all these old machines. Thread winner btw :D !

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
mash440 said:
2qwfsb8.jpg

G&L 2007 Legacy in Flake Blue called "Sonic".

I'm selling all my Xbox Games and my Xbox to buy it. I've sold 14 already raised £197 towards and Orange ASAT (Telecaster) which I will call Tails.

Has anyone else ever just sold everything? I'm not gonna come crawling back am I? I'm not looking forward to the Christmas season O.O. The guitar, it is beautiful and sounds awesome!

Nice!

Chiaroscuro said:
And something for my Euro 360:

5bd95477e4cb2c2722ca0711a8646bab.jpg

Was this something of a stealth release? First I seen/heard of it was the 360 demo but also noticed that it's on PS3 as well. I fancy a racing game at the minute, but Supercar Challenge is coming out in a couple of weeks so not sure which of these to get!

Also, do you (or anyone else) know if the PAL 360 version is region free or works on a NTSC-J console?

Yes Boss!

I actually bought this one directly from the PSP. Usually I go through the PSN Store on PS3 and just sync everything. Didn't realize the PSP had its own full-fledged store right on the system!

P1010845.jpg

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Was this something of a stealth release? First I seen/heard of it was the 360 demo but also noticed that it's on PS3 as well. I fancy a racing game at the minute, but Supercar Challenge is coming out in a couple of weeks so not sure which of these to get!

Also, do you (or anyone else) know if the PAL 360 version is region free or works on a NTSC-J console?

Released only in Europe (and it seems to stay this way for a while at least, if ever comes in USA). It is done by Milestone, the same Italian studio resposible for Apex for the original Xbox and the SBK series on 360/PS3.

Region-locked, only works in a PAL 360 (I have 3 different 360 to play all the possible games, I know I am crazy and I curse region-lock mechanism). Of course, the PS3 version is region free. It is published by Codemasters in some Euro countries, while in others (UK, Italy) by BlackBean.

However I must say it is a sub-par game. If you know a SBK game you know this game, only with cars. It represents an Italian championship series, but the track and car selection then is very limited of course. Graphically it is very bland, with a brown-filter look all over the place. The racing is very, very arcade, even at maximum realism settings.

Ultimate pick up. A tri-colored welsh corgi puppy. He's 7 weeks in the pic. He'll be 10 weeks when I pick him up on Saturday.

Riddle7weeks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom