• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Waikis

Hazaro said:
Like I said a E7200, the IHS is not soldered so the cores cannot transfer heat as well as say the E8400. Your E2160 also is not soldered, but runs much cooler as well. Keep in mind I am running a lot more voltage through it, the CPU could be lapped for a few extra degrees, but my chip is just a hot one.

GPU loads at 48C, not much needed. Also feeding hot air to your PSU is not a good idea for longevity. Corsair (Seasonic) however is rated at 50C so it would be ok, but there's no need.

Where do you get the second pair of the wire clips for Ultra 120 from?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hazaro said:
Like I said a E7200, the IHS is not soldered so the cores cannot transfer heat as well as say the E8400. Your E2160 also is not soldered, but runs much cooler as well. Keep in mind I am running a lot more voltage through it, the CPU could be lapped for a few extra degrees, but my chip is just a hot one.

What's the temp under load with the ultra and push/pull fans ?

2a7zfah.jpg

EDIT: Jason, Soukyugurentai is class. Congrats.

NES:

Mega Man 2 ($2.00)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game ($2.00)

SNES:

SNES ($15.00)
Two SNES controllers, one boxed ($5.00 each)
Demon's Crest ($3.50)
Tetris Attack ($3.50)
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World ($3.50)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors ($3.50)
Super Bomberman ($3.50)
Illusion of Gaia ($3.50)
F-Zero ($3.50)

N64:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ($7.50)

NDS:

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble ($6.00)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales ($7.50)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin ($7.50)

VHS:

Star Wars: A New Hope ($.99)
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ($.99)
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi ($.99) (all three are the superior, original 70's/80's versions)
M*A*S*H ($.99)

DVD:

There's Something About Mary ($2.99)
Clerks II ($4.99)
Mallrats ($4.99)
In Living Color - Season One ($4.99)

went to target trying to find a copy of resident evil umbrella chronicles on clearance. i didn't find it, but i ran across this guy hanging out in the ink cartridge aisle

the back of the case had a cut through it, but still unopened. a great deal for soul calibur 4

sc4lol.jpg

so i bought it lol

A Link to the Snitch said:
NES:

Mega Man 2 ($2.00)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game ($2.00)

SNES:

SNES ($15.00)
Two SNES controllers, one boxed ($5.00 each)
Demon's Crest ($3.50)
Tetris Attack ($3.50)
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World ($3.50)
Zombies Ate My Neighbors ($3.50)
Super Bomberman ($3.50)
Illusion of Gaia ($3.50)
F-Zero ($3.50)

N64:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask ($7.50)

NDS:

Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble ($6.00)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales ($7.50)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin ($7.50)

VHS:

Star Wars: A New Hope ($.99)
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back ($.99)
Star Wars: Return of the Jedi ($.99) (all three are the superior, original 70's/80's versions)
M*A*S*H ($.99)

DVD:

There's Something About Mary ($2.99)
Clerks II ($4.99)
Mallrats ($4.99)
In Living Color - Season One ($4.99)
OMG! What were your camera settings on!? Those pics are amazing.

WORLDWIDEWII said:
are these on sale how $ ?

They're on sale for around $18 a pop on Amazon I believe. But in November they're going to release the entire collection in one package w/ an additional disk of content. It'll be $72 so the prices are in-line.

JEKKI

dood I saw the craziest thing at the store today!!

this whole time I've been thinking like dang I'm so old... I've seen everything...

I was wrong!!!

b7fjn5.jpg

what is that?!?!?! mochi remix?!?!?! I had to pick it up!!

it was aiite btw... nothing special... as a candy I'd rather eat something else lol

I also finally went to Daikokuya... been wanting to go forever!!

kdpldh.jpg

2zf7p1d.jpg

this place has the reputation of being one of the best if not the best ramen in southern california.

it's good... but I enjoy Santouka much better (which is also considered the best, but Daikokuya has more believers...)

JEKKI said:
dood I saw the craziest thing at the store today!!

this whole time I've been thinking like dang I'm so old... I've seen everything...

I was wrong!!!

b7fjn5.jpg

what is that?!?!?! mochi remix?!?!?! I had to pick it up!!

it was aiite btw... nothing special... as a candy I'd rather eat something else lol

I also finally went to Daikokuya... been wanting to go forever!!

kdpldh.jpg

2zf7p1d.jpg

this place has the reputation of being one of the best if not the best ramen in southern california.

it's good... but I enjoy Santouka much better (which is also considered the best, but Daikokuya has more believers...)

Every time I go to Little Tokyo, I head over to Daikokuya Ramen. Their ramen is awesome, huge, and cheap. It was pretty much where me and my friends went for lunch right before we had to go to registration for AX this year.

Where's Santouka? I'll check it out the next time I'm in LA.

Sorry no pics. Gave my camera to my girl.

PS3:

Soul Calibur 4 Hori Joystick
Hori HRAP 3

Xbox 360:

Soul Calibur 4 Hori EX2 Joystick

PS2:

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Fatal Fury Battle Archive 2

Fire Pro Wrestling

Bluray:

Batman Begins

Books:

Street Fighter Alpha Manga
Street Fighter III Ryu Final
Cisco Official CCNP Certification Library

Electronics:

Panasonic 37LZ85 LCD TV

Furniture:

Cheapo TV stand for bedroom.

JEKKI

Auron_Kale said:
Every time I go to Little Tokyo, I head over to Daikokuya Ramen. Their ramen is awesome, huge, and cheap. It was pretty much where me and my friends went for lunch right before we had to go to registration for AX this year.

Where's Santouka? I'll check it out the next time I'm in LA.
yoyo! there are two Santoukas... both of them in Mitsuwa supermarket food court.

one in Costa Mesa, another in Los Angeles (close to venice beach)

and a google search tells me there's another one in Torrance as well... possibly also in Mitsuwa

google it up yo.

bumpkin

Kadey said:
BOOM!!! My new king of VG merchandise. Advent Children Buster Sword replica. A couple pieces and heavy as well. I can barely lift it with two hands. No chance in hell to swing it. :D
2llklr5.jpg

20p3oeu.jpg
My only question is where did you get it? :D I've seen them on eBay but I'm always weary that I'm not looking at an auction for one of the authentic, quality swords.

zoku88

grap3fruitman said:
Yeah, thanks assholes. Instead of just editing the post everyday I'll just bump the topic each time like a douchebag.
Or, you know, you could just wait until you get everything if it bothers you that much..

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
wtf, fuckin fail.

no faith...

JEKKI: That looks good! There is a Santouka in San Diego now too!

darkressurection said:
D-D-D-Double Failure!
Read the OP People.
Did you read it? Is there some magical text that only you can see?

MarkMan said:
A monthly tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

2076836589_a588abe39a_o.jpg

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

7 months down! 5 more to go! Welcome to August everyone! I hope everyone had a great July! I had a wonderful month... but before we get into that let's make sure we're clear on things...
Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Mods, please help the cause, not listening to the OP is equivalent to a bann, right? If so, let's try to enforce this! We've NEVER had a month go by yet without breaking this SINGLE rule...

Recent additions:

2738166648_b041319651_o.jpg

SC4 Guide.

2737330787_44b20d1978_o.jpg

HDMI Switcher.

2737351361_bbafd321ff_o.jpg

And then a bunch of blu-rays:

Dragon Wars, Jumper, Golden Compass, Shutter, One Missed Call, and The Eye (half free, half 40% off).

YagizY

You essentially paid for 1 movie (Golden Compass) because as soon as you see the other 4 you will realize that you just wasted 8 hours of your life. I thought at least dragon-wars would be "funny-bad" but even that was terrible.

You can probably trade them with someone for something you actually want, their are people out there that actually enjoyed some of those movies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
YagizY said:
You essentially paid for 1 movie (Golden Compass) because as soon as you see the other 4 you will realize that you just wasted 8 hours of your life. I thought at least dragon-wars would be "funny-bad" but even that was terrible.

You can probably trade them with someone for something you actually want, their are people out there that actually enjoyed some of those movies.

I agree n8nmonster has bad taste.

lol @ you n8!

YagizY

zoku88 said:
You guys are so cruel :lol :lol

Quit making me feel bad about what I said :lol

In all honesty though, they simply just aren't good movies. The closest thing to a good movie out of that lot (except for Golden Compass) might be Jumper. I haven't seen it but it seems like it would be pretty enough and mindless enough that it would be worth 1 sit through. Watching it more than once might be a task though.

LiK

MarkMan said:
Good way to get back on track ppl! GO GO GO!

AUGUST STILL HAS HOPE

haha, going well so far... ;)

i have more stuff coming but i'm too impatient to wait for them all

LiK

NinajHeartless said:
If I'm not mistaken...thats the sequel to the touching little girls DS game, Doki Doki Majo Shinpan..though i kinda hope I'm not right

yup, you're right.

Top Bottom